Remove writing from stands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason2885

Super Freak
Reaction score
How can you remove the writing from say a hot toys stand so that you can use it for another figure. I thought I saw a thread before on how to do this but cant find anything right now. Is there something that will remove the painted on writing easily. I tried goo gone and it didnt work and I tried heating it up and that didnt work either. I thought about a light sand paper but was afraid that would damage the stand. Any ideas would be appreciated and if it is not possible to do please let me know that too.

I haven't tried it, but maybe a plastic polish? It usually gently rubs off the top layer leaving a smooth finish. I use it all the time to get out scratches.

I was about to make the same topic. Can I just repaint them with black acrylics?

I was about to make the same topic. Can I just repaint them with black acrylics?

I just dealt with this topic with some of the round Sideshow stands. I first tried to just paint over with black, but the writing is raised ever so slightly on the stands so I stripped the paint off and sanded it down first with a coarse sand paper then finer and finer grain then tried the paint again. Sealed it with a clear coat spray and it looks great.

I pull off the nameplates and then just spray paint flat black on the stand and it looks great.

Ill have to give that a go. I prefer just black stands. No name plate, no logo and no stickers. I think that looks the best. Some times you can find stands from figures that didn't sell well for cheap.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Ill have to give that a go. I prefer just black stands. No name plate, no logo and no stickers. I think that looks the best. Some times you can find stands from figures that didn't sell well for cheap.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yup. I have bought like 3 Suckerpunch Amber stands and even a Sao Feng stand. I get them cheap off Toy Anxiety or BlackOpsToys.

Black looks way better IMO.

Back