Hollywood Collectibles Star Trek 1/6 scale statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason2885

Super Freak
Reaction score
I did not see a thread on this series of Trek statues. I got the Kirk off there wait list and am really impressed with the Spock and Gorn. Kirk looks a little off though. I would love to get a whole lineup of Trek statues. As far as collectibles go there is nothing really out there for people who love Trek.

kirk2.jpg
spock18.jpg
gorn3.jpg

Likenesses aren't terribly good in these pics.

I'd really like to see Hot Toys do 12" figures of these guys.

The kirk likeness was actually pretty good in my opinion - it was just the paint that looked awful. So I repainted it, lol. The spock looks to be suffering the same fate, since the original unpainted prototype looked really, really good.

The kirk likeness was actually pretty good in my opinion - it was just the paint that looked awful. So I repainted it, lol. The spock looks to be suffering the same fate, since the original unpainted prototype looked really, really good.

Yes the Spock prototype looked amazing. I am hoping that this line can get some legs. I may have to look into getting Kirk repainted then.
spock4.jpg

spock1.jpg

is kirk one piece or can you separate him off the chair?

He is one piece I think. it would have made for a really awesome display for my 12" Kirk if he had not been.

Apparently they have a license to do all of Trek so we could see a really wide range of statues. I would love for them to be able to do statues of every crewmember but that is probably a pipe dream.

Last edited:
I've been impressed with how these have come out. I don't collect 1/6 scale statues, so I had to pass on them. The Gorn looks awesome though, and I wanted the Captain for the chair too (since he's not removable from it, I guess I can't use it for my 1/6 figure).

It's been proven time after time that Star Trek fans will only support a line so far, and then it becomes a losing proposition for the producer. This is especially true of higher end statues. Once a company does Kirk, Spock and sometimes McCoy they usually move on to the two or three other characters that seem to sell better than most (Worf/Data/Seven of Nine) and then they drop the license. Unless you are talking smaller action figures under $25.00 you can forget seeing characters like Sulu and Chekov in any form. The ship components on these staues look great. I would love to have them to dispaly the Scifimetropolis figures with. I don't care for the sculpted figures. Usually when the painted head doesn't look as good it's because the color is showing flaws in the sculpt that don't seem as obvious as when the sculpt is all one color.
On another note I'll never understand why anyone would want Hot Toys to do classic ST. I'm sure Kirk and Spock would look nice, but that's all we would ever be offered.

Back