I'm going to attempt to be a Jurassic Park poser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideshowpdx

Super Freak
Reaction score
I recently ordered the Rex Bust from King Kong (it arrives next Monday).
10894.jpg

I have been envying Gruson's custom T-Rex bust for months now but I don't really have any room for it in my theater room. I had a small wall near my french doors that has been begging for a "smaller" piece. So,,, I also got a 17"x11" Jurassic Park poster and am going to have it framed:
MPW-1069

The Rex Bust will mount directly above the framed poster and hopefully should look pretty amazing.
There is quite a difference between the Rex from Jurassic Park and Kong, but hopefully no one will notice but me (well,,, and you freaks of course). The whole setup including the frame and poster will run me around $150. Not bad for a poser. ;)

There's a Federal law prohibiting anyone from imitating a Texan's custom collecitble of any sort. If caught you will have to surrender your entire collection. :monkey5

But really, post some pics when it's all done. :chew

Come on pdx, get the real T-Rex bust!

You won't be happy with the lame Kong wannabe.

:)

Actually, I guess it's ok until Sideshow announces the JP license.

Last edited:
Just a quick update here... My Weta Rex Bust arrived and it is much bigger (and deeper) than I thought it would be. It won't clear the side wall where the door opens. So I won't be a poser. I am going to take down my Star Wars 1-Sheet (in the picture) and put a framed Kong 1-Sheet below the wall mounted bust.

theater4-vi.jpg

Just to illustrate the size of the Weta Rex bust,,,, here is it leaning against a wall on my computer desk next to another fairly large bust,, (Treebeard). Keep in mind if this was proped up or wall mounted it's actually a bit taller than it looks in the picture.... Not bad for a $100 piece.

DSCN0023-vi.jpg

DSCN0024-vi.jpg

Nice buy for $100!

Check your PM pdx.

Just in case,

Below are some good ones from moviegoods that would go well with your bust...they have PLENTY of others.

8x10 or 11x17 available for these.

My favorite pic:
339374.1020.A.jpg

340394.1020.A.jpg

339429.1020.A.jpg
[/QUOTE]

student_toe5 said:
did you say $100?? where?

Got it on ebay... From "toynk"... I saw one that went for something like $76. I paid exactly $106.01 for mine.

yeah I just recieved both of those statues today from darkshadow. You can't beat that price.

Just got my Kong 1-Sheet.... Here's what I ended up doing:
DSCN0076-vi.jpg

I'll probably raise up Rex and the poster by 8 inches or so... I just am not happy with how this looks.
And to answer the question,,, only the door on the right ever opens so I won't be using Rex as a door stop. :)

Also, I ordered these two 17x11 prints to go on either side of Kong (THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP GRUSON!!)
340392.1020.A.jpg

340399.1020.A.jpg

that looks great! i was worried about the door hitting him even if it never opens lol. and why do u have an EXIT sign. just for fun or is that a commercial building?

Mookeylama said:
that looks great! i was worried about the door hitting him even if it never opens lol. and why do u have an EXIT sign. just for fun or is that a commercial building?

Yeah,,, it's kind of a joke. This is in my home. I just notice in every movie theater,,, they have a lit "EXIT" sign above each door. I'm just going to for that effect.

Back