Dark Souls 1 & 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Did a search but didnt find a thread for this; since its out next week, figured it was time

Playing Demon souls now - its incredibly cool and hard as hell, I love it.

I waited until today to preorder Dark Souls - I wanted the collector edition, since same price, but all stores sold out for PS3 version. I found Namecos Club still available, just have to pay extra shipping

https://store.namcobandaigames.com/...55600/productID.227033600/categoryId.55939400

I am such a sucker for cool packaging!

Last edited:
Re: Dark Souls

Yeah, I like to enjoy the various games I play. Especially now since I have serious time constraints, dying every two minutes or so doesn't sound too appealing to me. The days of me spending six hours trying to get past two levels in the original Ninja Gaiden are over.

I'll be skipping this.

Kudos to those that have mastered Demon Souls, though. I'm sure it's an extremely tough game.

Yeah, I am playing Demon Souls now - 17 hours in, and just now scratching the surface. I've beaten only 1 boss out of many.....fun, but hard. I play it when in the mood....

looking forward to this game, loved Demons Souls it was refreshing to play a game that was hard and not just cheap with infinite spawning enemies and what not. New Game + was something of a nightmare and that's where I sort of stopped playing.

I bought Demon's Souls so I could test the waters. I can clearly say I don't think this game is for me. :lol

Being a new Dad it's almost impossible to play a game you cannot pause. :gah:

I will try a couple more times but good luck to all that have the time and can play this. I think even without a new baby, between wife, dinner, phone calls, work, or whatever, it just wouldn't happen. :wave

I bought Demon's Souls so I could test the waters. I can clearly say I don't think this game is for me. :lol

Being a new Dad it's almost impossible to play a game you cannot pause. :gah:

I will try a couple more times but good luck to all that have the time and can play this. I think even without a new baby, between wife, dinner, phone calls, work, or whatever, it just wouldn't happen. :wave

This game takes time, without question. Now, i am a slow gamer, so currently 27 hours in and just beat my 2nd boss....I a level 30 in essence....

I can see this game being a 70-80 hour run time for me, probably half that for normal gamers. On a side not, the look of the game, monsters, and characters is downright amazing at times....just having a ball

I am still onthe first and way I am playing, I will be for a while. Let us know initial impressions, Craze!

I'll be playing this later tonight, just so you know I love Demon's Souls and highly recommend that game for gamers looking for a challenge. Dark Souls looks to be fantastic so far!

Be prepared to die... Often!!!... I am lovin' this game. Epic doesn't even begin to describe it. The tough time all the critters can give you goes down a lot easier with the tight game play and absolutely gorgeous visuals. This is definitely harder than Demon's Souls, but I still recommend it without any hesitation! :)

Be prepared to die... Often!!!... I am lovin' this game. Epic doesn't even begin to describe it. The tough time all the critters can give you goes down a lot easier with the tight game play and absolutely gorgeous visuals. This is definitely harder than Demon's Souls, but I still recommend it without any hesitation! :)

Sweet, my collectors edition is in the mail to me = should have shortly

I am sure, but have at least 30 hours to go with Demon Souls, though I met and beat 3 bosses in 1 day alone - one was minor though

Maneaters are currently destroying me, LOL

I am sure, but have at least 30 hours to go with Demon Souls, though I met and beat 3 bosses in 1 day alone - one was minor though

Maneaters are currently destroying me, LOL

I had some more time to get into it last night. I think I actually am enjoying it. Although at this rate it will take months to get through it.

Back