Official Sideshow 1/6th DC Comic and Game figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerath666

Super Freak
Reaction score
so, if anyone missed the announcemnts today, sideshow just announced the following 1/6th Figures

to hell with all the movie crap. Hot toys can keep it now.

Arkham Asylum Batman

Modern Comic Book Batman

Classic Comic Book Batman

Modern Superman

Classic Superman

Golden Age Superman

Wanna see the concept images?
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos....e=newsletter-pers-092911news&utm_medium=email

starts at 37 seconds

I'm stoked, anyone else?

Last edited:
Re: Official Sideshow 1/6th Comic and Game figure Discussion

Stoked and soon to be very broke. I hope that's a whole years worth of figures. I may need to get a 2nd and 3rd job. lol

It looks like Batman The Animated Series is going to get some 'love'!!!

I'd be in for those.

The best part is that they are showing such a wide variety of designs for the DC big guns. I haven't gotten back into 1:6 stuff for a long time, but this might drag me back in!

If even half of those concepts actually get made I'll be thrilled.

Crap... I was getting out of the collecting gig! I would love to have Batman through the ages. What are "Legendary Scale?"

I so can't wait for the new 1/6 Figures from Sideshow!!! :rock so many ideals already in store. Sideshow just take my waller and let me know when you're charging me. Thanks :wave
Crap... I was getting out of the collecting gig! I would love to have Batman through the ages. What are "Legendary Scale?"

There's Legendary Scale Busts and now Figures (non articulated). They're approximately Half scale. The figures are basically premium formats, but at approx. half scale with what I would argue HT style paint apps or better as they're using a new technology (for them at least) to paint these with a more lifelike layered skin tone

Batman: The Animated Series statues and figures? 1/6 Comic Batman figures (classic, first appearance, Arkham)?

Picture6.png

Picture4-1.png

Picture7.png

je.gif

Correction: I believe the Batman was shown in The New 52, Golden Age, Classic, Arkham Asylum.

The art specifically says Justice League and right after the announcer makes a point to refer to the "reboot" as the JLA or Justice League. Logically he'd be referring to the New 52 if the two are paired, not to mention that Superman's said "Modern" and none said "Justice League"

I will happily stop collecting HT for these.

Ah, I don't want 1/2 scale stuff. I might get 1/6 if it doesn't come out until 2013 or they're cheap enough to ask for as a gift. But I plan on getting Hot Toys Catwoman and Bane before I jump into any comic stuff. Knock yourselves out, guys! Nice seeing this in place of DC Direct 13" stuff. Those were Hasbro quality toys with collector price tags...

If these hit the quality of the recent Joes and SW figures, they will be worth every dime. I can't wait. :rock

I bet the 1/6 Golden Age Batman Sideshow Exclusive is a gun and holster.

Calling it now!

i'm really hoping for BTSA and Arkham Asylum figures. I also hope that with one of their Superman figures, they include a Clark Kent portrait and clothes

I will happily stop collecting HT for these.

I won't. Gotta have the movie figures, too (especially the big guys) and it doesn't look like Sideshow will be tackling movie stuff in their 1:6 line. But them doing the comic versions & HT doing movie figures gives us the best of both worlds. :rock

Here is the embedded vid from You Tube.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDLpiPnltDA"]Inside Look: Introducing Sideshow & The DC Universe - YouTube[/ame]

JLA Batman at 38 seconds looks like the "rebooted" version.

captureelp.png

Back