Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
We all know about the controversy surrounding the mass 'buy-up' of the exclusive figures by scalpers. But at least Sideshow selling a large batch (though not quite large enough) has succeeded in getting a good few of these sets directly into the hands of collectors. But was it worth all the fuss?

Well, I think so. Although the finish of the rubber suit isn't quite as refined as the original release, its still a great improvement in most other respects... most notably the fantastic new Wayne/Bale portrait-

Review- https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_092111b.htm

Mike also has the lowdown on the cool 'bits and pieces' horror accessory set from Shrunken Had studios here- https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_092111a.htm

box1-4.jpg

A1detail15.jpg

A2pose14.jpg

comp1.jpg

detail15-4.jpg

detail32-3.jpg

pose5-2.jpg

detail24-2.jpg

pose12-2.jpg

detail30-2.jpg

Great buy for those who missed out on OC Bats. Since I already had that one, I'm glad I passed on this at the last minute - the Bale sculpt is sensational, but it's not my preferred display option so pass it was. The removable cape clips are a welcome new feature for those who want to grab a custom cape. Great review Jeff :clap

Yay I might still be able to sell off my 2 TDK OC Batman For a good price. Phew!!

And honestly the gloss finish on the DK OC is eventually going to fade. I have a TDK OC with the gloss faded that I bought from a member here. So with that in mind I'm not too stressed about the finish on this one. I'm just glad it has interchangeable mouths and a 100x better Bale sculpt.

Last edited:
I cancelled the TF Ex. PO as I already had too many commitments. Felt bad for a few days but then got over it. Now, after seeing the comparison pics I am in fact happy that I cancelled it. Maybe down the line when I have some spare money I'll get the OC.

Oh well, just wait for the new 'The Dark Knight Rises: Original Costume' figure that is sure to be coming out.

Oh well, just wait for the new 'The Dark Knight Rises: Original Costume' figure that is sure to be coming out.
It's gonna be another TDK suit Im0 :lol
So I just wanna try to reget OC off the ebay or even here (fat chance lol).

Right next to it, it looks bad. Using a camera, I'm sure it looks even worse. As one of the people who missed out on the OC, I'm still happy to be getting this. Glad to hear it's not a piece of crap like that butt rub picture had people panicking about! Haha.

As a figure, the OC version does seem to have a better presentation as far as the suit finish goes. But, I've used the sort of rubber (that sounds bad..) I imagine the suit being made of, and when it gets used and picks up some dirt, it starts to look like the new figure does. In that light, I'm okay with either in terms of realism. :dunno

I dunno, whichever way you look at it, I find it in-excusable that HT re-released a figure, at 50% increased price, and manages to produce an inferior looking body suit... really, that is pathetic.

Yeah I know the headsculpt is miles better plus we have exchangeable faces and the first night gear, but there is still no excuse.

I have two of these on order, probably gonna have to cut down to 1 and then find another OC suit somewhere.

Back