Harley quinn 1/4 scale museum quality statue - dc direct - pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risingstar

Super Freak
Reaction score
DC Direct - Harley Quinn 1/4 scale Museum Quality statue.
Sculpted by Jack Matthews - Limited to 494 pieces.

hqpf17.jpg

It's very sunny here in Montreal today. As I usually take advantage of sunlight to take pics, I sure got lots of it today, perhaps a bit too much as it appears we lose a bit of detail in the pics e.g., HQ's facepaint. I was too lazy to take another round of photos... lol. These will have to do for now.

Brief review:

Given all the SS PF vs DC MQ jibber jabber of late, I have to say, it may all be for naught, at least when it comes to the HQ MQ. IMO, in general, DC MQ appear to be 80% SS PF quality overall. It's almost there. There have been definite improvements in quality over the earlier DC MQs. If this upward trend continues, it will be more difficult to tell the difference between the two companies.

I really like the HQ MQ. It's a wonderful piece. Jack Matthews is a fabulous sculptor. The hyenas and dynamite, Batman's costume piece, the cork gun, the leash, and the mask pompoms are all fabulous touches which rank this piece right up there in creativity with what SS has produced to date. The fact that this is a one piece statue is a MAJOR plus.

Where could this piece have been better? The stitching could have been a bit better. There's some fluff around some of the seams which might prove a cause for concern long term. However, the area which still leaves something to be desired in the face paint. The BC PF, for example, features a tighter paint application. Had the paints apps been on par, this piece would have all but shut down all this DC vs SS talk.

OMG that facial expression is hideous. Overall it doesn't look bad, I think Bud and Lou turned out fantastic although I'm said it's not the yellow ovaled symbol like in the promos.

If this face could be changed I'd say it's perfect but that is a dealbreaker...

(Can't wait for Sideshow's!)

Nice pics, though I agree about the weird face. Doesn't really seem to capture the Harley spirit from the cartoon IMO. I bet this will go up in price once Joker PF is released.

Nice pics, though I agree about the weird face. Doesn't really seem to capture the Harley spirit from the cartoon IMO. I bet this will go up in price once Joker PF is released.

Every other HQ piece out there seems to be based on the animated cartoon. It's refreshing to finally see a different take on the character. I actually see this as something SS would have done too as SS isn't particularly known for or even expected to produce carbon copies of the comics.

Last edited:
Every other HQ piece out there seems to be based on the animated cartoon. It's refreshing to finally see a different take on the character. I actually see this as something SS would have done to as SS isn't particularly known for or even expected to produce carbon copies of the comics.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Though I think Sideshow would've chosen a cuter face with a bit more "chub" in the cheeks to better represent Harley.

IMO: It looks like a sculp of a cosplayer as HQ. I'm not really feelin the 'realistic' approach to HQ at all. This would've been an instant buy, if they stayed true to the classic HQ.

Bottom line: Don't fix something that isn't broken. HQ's original 'cartoonish' look is perfect. So why try to improvise? :slap

Poor Harley :monkey2

To the OP: If you truly are satisfied with this rendition of HQ then more power to you and congrats on your purchase. ;)

Funny you bring up a Cosplayer, if you look at most (the good ones) if they took that as a sample to sculpt her face you'd still get a better one that this IMHO.

harleycon07.jpg

252033-190146-harley-quinn_super-1.jpg

It didn't have to be cartoony just look more like Harley's face shape and demeanor.

I can't wait to see Sideshows. Not digging this one at all. It's the head sculpt that kills it for me.

Back