QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I 3D printed these in 4 parts. 3 in black and 1 mint blue. They really don't need sanding or painting. Being super glued together they can't be played with, but to be used in a static display.

I wanted to bump this up and announce I am selling TOS bridge chairs now in 3 sizes. $20 for a QMX plus shipping, $10 for DST/MEGO and $7.50 each plus shipping for old style Playmates. These are a kit and require super gluing. It is 3 black peices and one mint blue peice. Sanding and painting is buyers preference because the the ones you can buy online are 3X the price and require painting. No payment required until shipped!

Know what would be awesome? If hot toys got the trek license from QMX and got Nanjin to run it with more freedom and more money. I'm sure the prices would go up but we would probably get more figures more often and Nanjin would be there making sure they don't ruin it.

Either that or Nanjin getting funding for him to do the trek license on his own independently. I'm totally okay with higher prices if the quality is there.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

If HT had the license, Trek would be one, maybe two, over-priced figures — and done. I really don’t get the obsession with always wanting HT to get every license, just to screw the customer over by over-charging for a small number of figures, or just sitting on the license and producing nothing.

Honestly I'd be happy just to see someone like Soosoo Toys producing these. Their quality is about on par with QMX and they seem able to knock out figures a whole lot faster.

Know what would be awesome? If hot toys got the trek license from QMX and got Nanjin to run it with more freedom and more money. I'm sure the prices would go up but we would probably get more figures more often and Nanjin would be there making sure they don't ruin it.

Either that or Nanjin getting funding for him to do the trek license on his own independently. I'm totally okay with higher prices if the quality is there.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I feel like HT would stop at Kirk and Spock and they'd take forever from preorder to release.

Well, it all depends on what QMX has in mind for the license.
If they do give it up/lose it, I'm sure Nanjin will jump at the chance to work on it with another company, and with his track record and expertise, he's probably already on the radar of other companies.

If HT had the license, Trek would be one, maybe two, over-priced figures ? and done. I really don?t get the obsession with always wanting HT to get every license, just to screw the customer over by over-charging for a small number of figures, or just sitting on the license and producing nothing.

I think the obsession with Hot Toys getting licenses really just comes from the fact that they really do make the highest quality mass consumption 1/6 scale figures. Why wouldn't someone naturally want to have their chosen figures made by the best makers of figures? With that said they would probably only ever release one figure...not even two...it would take forever to come out...oh...and Hot Toys would never even think about touching a license like Star Trek...if a Junior Executive with the Company raised the proposition in their weekly strategy session and then left for the day he would probably find that his building access ID badge no longer worked when he showed up for work the next day.

I just got this in the Cotswold email (with regard to Sulu and Scotty):

Per Quantum Mechanix:

The delivery on these has been delayed. We are moving forward with production, but you need to be informed we are looking at an additional 4-5 months. This notice is for you to inform your customers of the delay. This was beyond our control but assured we are moving forward with production.

I just got this in the Cotswold email (with regard to Sulu and Scotty):

Per Quantum Mechanix:

The delivery on these has been delayed. We are moving forward with production, but you need to be informed we are looking at an additional 4-5 months. This notice is for you to inform your customers of the delay. This was beyond our control but assured we are moving forward with production.

Hmmm... I wonder how/if the new Kirk and Spock rerelease will be involved in with this. I also wonder if the next round of Scotty and Sulu will have the new body.

Back