Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anybody know how many hot toys make on each item. they sell out so theres got to be a number, but sense there not maked who knows. like aldo compaired to dx batman or iron man

Most HT figures arn't limited or numbered.

Can't wait to get my Aldo! Any day now...

All HT figures are limited, just not numbered... they produce a certain amount and stop... no way in telling how many though.

Gahh, still have to wait until monday for this guy to arrive.

My Aldo is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!

Considering getting the Cyber Hobby Hans as a filler, then doing a head swap when a suitable headsculpt can be acquired.

Just got this guy, but I can't say his sculpt is better than the T-800. I mean the likeness is great and the details are fairly comparable, but he does not look great in all lighting and tends to look goofy with harsh light. The T-800 on the other hand, I've been having a hard time making him look bad in any lighting.

It's not just the expression though, but the facial hair. I think most figures have this problem where the facial hair's paint tends to look shiny or plastic-like. It doesn't look flat enough... though I'm not sure there is a way around this yet.

Still, I'm glad to have him.

Just got this guy, but I can't say his sculpt is better than the T-800. I mean the likeness is great and the details are fairly comparable, but he does not look great in all lighting and tends to look goofy with harsh light. The T-800 on the other hand, I've been having a hard time making him look bad in any lighting.

It's not just the expression though, but the facial hair. I think most figures have this problem where the facial hair's paint tends to look shiny or plastic-like. It doesn't look flat enough... though I'm not sure there is a way around this yet.

Still, I'm glad to have him.

With hot toys constantly improving .. possibly in the future there figure sculpts could have real like facial hair that would actually grow ..and each figure could come with a little razor and shaving gel, i mean we all have a bit of fun at posing/playing with our hot toys figs ..but i could really see giving them a shave or possibly brushing there teeth may be step forward in the right direction.:rolleyes2

I don't know about domin's comments but, this figure is awesome and has a very believable five o'clock shadow going on.

do you have any idea where to put his Thermos/Drink or whatever the names, the one for his drinking supply. I put it in the bag but the bag becomes baggy.. there must be somewhere appropriate for it...

This figure rocks! Looks better in person, pics don't do it justice. Wish Hot Toys hadn't flaked with Landa. He could be only better.

Any sculptors on the boards want to take on sculpting Landa?

This figure rocks! Looks better in person, pics don't do it justice. Wish Hot Toys hadn't flaked with Landa. He could be only better.

Any sculptors on the boards want to take on sculpting Landa?

Did you know about the Cyber Hobby ones?
https://www.cyber-hobby.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7364

https://www.cyber-hobby.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7858
It ain't HT quality but it aint bad and all the accessories are right there, even the pipe. I'm still holding out for HT to do him though!
I mention it in my review which I hope will be up soon. In the meantime a few pics-

detail1-7.jpg

M1stockdetail1.jpg

pose1-11.jpg

waltherdetail2.jpg

detail5-5.jpg

Facestudy7.jpg

detail10-5.jpg

detail8-2.jpg

pose10-5.jpg

pose2-8.jpg

What about HT flaking on Landa? Did they officially announce that? What what what...?

No, never an official. But if I recall at one point the hinted at more figures coming, and I think it was in reference to Landa winning an oscar.

I love Hot Toys but I consider their deafening silence to be a snub on another Basterds figure. They could always prove me wrong though.

Back