Spartacus on Starz (spoilers for US aired episodes!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spartacus on Starz

It will be interesting to see how they pull off the art direction the closer they get to Rome. Basically most of the story has taken place around a mid-sized ludus in Capua. By comparison Rome should be ornate and excessive. So I'm expecting a lot of virtual sets and CGI cities, which will be fine as long as they look good.

I think the brief glimpses we got of Rome this season were fairly well done. I don't expect to see anything the caliber of what we saw in Gladiator, but then I don't see the show doing huge, elaborate shots of Rome. To me, that would make the show lose that feel it's had in these 3 seasons.

I thought they were already kinda doing that to add more dramatics to the show.

I thought they were already kinda doing that to add more dramatics to the show.

I mean even more so than they are doing now. Like Spartacus has a s duel with Julius Caesar or something.

Maybe something along the lines of the alternate universe created in Inglorious Bastards.

imo this season was the weakest. too many things seemed forced for the sake of ratings or shock value. most of the gratuitous nudity took place in a whore house with people ____ing all over, and the gore was mostly to one up the past seasons.

I mean even more so than they are doing now. Like Spartacus has a s duel with Julius Caesar or something.

Maybe something along the lines of the alternate universe created in Inglorious Bastards.

I say screw history! I want to see Spartacus gut Ceasar and become the tyrannic ruler of Rome!

The thing for me is I only started watching this show last month or so. So from my POV Andy Whitfield was Spartacus for about a week, as long as it took me to get through season 1 while Liam McIntyre has been Spartacus for longer than that to me. From about episode 5 of season 2 onwards, I've had to wait the week between episodes along with everyone else. So for me its been Liam McIntyre over a longer duration.

That's the same for me. I bought season 1 on DVD and watched all the episodes within a week. I started watching season 2 online at episode 3 or 4. Still, I have to say that Liam is doing a good job at portraying Spartacus. I just prefer Andy.

Does anyone else hope that they decide to start ignoring history a little bit?

It depends on *what* they change. As long as it ends the same as it did in history, I'm happy tho.

It depends on *what* they change. As long as it ends the same as it did in history, I'm happy tho.

Oh I don't know. I love these characters. If they rewrote it so the rebellion succeeds and everyone lives happily ever after I think I could accept that!

great finale!!! Next season is too far away already....

and seriously what a strange moment with Lucretia

Hopefully! That chick that played her just annoyed the hell out of me!

Why now of all times would you say this? The finale doesn't air in the UK until Monday, and for the last 9 weeks I've been coming to the thread on the weekend to see what people's thought were on the episode, spoiler free. It's become routine for me, and others I'm sure. It seemed to have been an unwritten rule of using the spoiler tags, even for topics concerning Season 1 as more new-comers are beginning to watch, so that they could talk about the show.

This week, I come in...and the first thing I see scrolling down is a massive spoiler concerning a characters death (which I won't repeat). This is rather unfair as it is the absolute worst time for that rule to have been thrown aside. Normally thread titles are edited to include "Contains Spoilers", or something to that effect, when the thread isn;t using spoiler tags. Where was this change to let us all know?

Sorry, there was a major discussion in the Walking Dead thread about spoilers and it was established that once an episode airs in the US spoiler tags aren't needed. It became too confusing with some people using tags and others not. But you're right it needs to be in the title.

Just watched the finale wow is all I can say this series doesn't disappoint :)

Managed to avoid all the spoilers even unliked it on Facebook just in case ( walking dead got ruined like that)

Was really surprised by some of the deaths can't wait for the next series

Sorry, there was a major discussion in the Walking Dead thread about spoilers and it was established that once an episode airs in the US spoiler tags aren't needed. It became too confusing with some people using tags and others not. But you're right it needs to be in the title.

Not sure what to say other than thank you, Dave. I know from experience on other forums, Admin's wouldn't have even taken the time to reply let alone consider others, so it's much appreciated.

Onto my thoughts of the episode. To finally see Ashur meet his demise was good but also a tad sad, since he has been a relatively big part of the drama this season. Hearing someone shout "Syrian ____" made me crack up though. Oenomaus and Mira's death were definitely the two I didn't see coming. Oenomaus was my fave character and Mira was...well, she was pretty peng. And I did like the little love story between her and Spartacus.

Overall, I personally couldn't think of a better way to end Vengeance. The squad of Spartacus, Crixus, Agron and Gannicus still stand and I think with Oenomaus gone, Gannicus will play a much bigger part in Season 3.

If the word does end in December though, and we don't get to see Season 3, I shall find the one they call 'God' and remove tongue from ____ing mouth! (I love the quotes this show can generate).

Wow, I finished watching the finale literally 2 minutes ago. A-m-a-z-i-n-g. I now love Liam as Spartacus. That scene at the end with him was badass! I finally got the chills i've been waiting for all series. In the last 10 minutes :lol

Mira's death suprised me, I knew about onomeaus etc. I was pretty sad about that one.

And wow Lucretia and the baby! Holy poop! The mad cow!

As for this:
Ilithyia Dead or not?
No I don't believe she is. I think they need to keep one of the old guard in terms of evil characters. No more Ashur, lucrezia, Batiatus. They need to carry over someone evil from the first 3 series if you think about it. Plus the 'death' scene wasn't very final like everyone else's.

The show runner said she was dead. He was Zooey that it wasn't made clearer. He even said he should have had blood running out of her mouth.

Back