Spartacus on Starz (spoilers for US aired episodes!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spartacus on Starz

Throughout season 2 I consistently felt more irritated by the fact Naevia was a new actress than I did that Spartacus was a new actor. Liam is excellent, and that last shot of him seals it for me. I could have accepted him all along as Spartacus, its simply very sad the circumstances in which he came to the role.

sad how naevia went from hot to fugly...

is that really the best they could find to replace lesley ann?

Okay, the show has aired, so no spoiler tags. You have been warned!

Why now of all times would you say this? The finale doesn't air in the UK until Monday, and for the last 9 weeks I've been coming to the thread on the weekend to see what people's thought were on the episode, spoiler free. It's become routine for me, and others I'm sure. It seemed to have been an unwritten rule of using the spoiler tags, even for topics concerning Season 1 as more new-comers are beginning to watch, so that they could talk about the show.

This week, I come in...and the first thing I see scrolling down is a massive spoiler concerning a characters death (which I won't repeat). This is rather unfair as it is the absolute worst time for that rule to have been thrown aside. Normally thread titles are edited to include "Contains Spoilers", or something to that effect, when the thread isn;t using spoiler tags. Where was this change to let us all know?

Historically Oenamaus died early during the rebellion, but this show has made other compromises for drama. I wish Oenamaus had been kept for next season. Everything else was awesome.

Why now of all times would you say this? The finale doesn't air in the UK until Monday, and for the last 9 weeks I've been coming to the thread on the weekend to see what people's thought were on the episode, spoiler free. It's become routine for me, and others I'm sure. It seemed to have been an unwritten rule of using the spoiler tags, even for topics concerning Season 1 as more new-comers are beginning to watch, so that they could talk about the show.

This week, I come in...and the first thing I see scrolling down is a massive spoiler concerning a characters death (which I won't repeat). This is rather unfair as it is the absolute worst time for that rule to have been thrown aside. Normally thread titles are edited to include "Contains Spoilers", or something to that effect, when the thread isn;t using spoiler tags. Where was this change to let us all know?
Times I couldn't catch the show when it aired, I stayed away from this thread. Not everyone used spoiler tags in here to begin with, so of it got spoiled for ya, that's your own fault. :nana:

Throughout season 2 I consistently felt more irritated by the fact Naevia was a new actress than I did that Spartacus was a new actor.

Really? I'm the exact opposite. I accepted Cynthia Addai-Robinson as the new Naevia a lot faster than I accepted Liam McIntyre as the new Spartacus. Whilst I think he did a great job at playing the part, he still isn't Spartacus to me.

Welcome to the internet. Any time you read a discussion thread about a TV show (here or anywhere) you're taking the chance of reading a spoiler.

Perhaps we could get Dave to edit the thread title to include "Spoilers" so there's no further debate on the topic.

Really? I'm the exact opposite. I accepted Cynthia Addai-Robinson as the new Naevia a lot faster than I accepted Liam McIntyre as the new Spartacus. Whilst I think he did a great job at playing the part, he still isn't Spartacus to me.

Well with Spartacus we unfortunately had no other chose but a new actor, so I just stuck it out and I felt it worked out well.

This show is my #1 guilty pleasure. How much violence, sex and gore can you have?
Oenamaus and Gannicus had the best bromance on TV. And why do folks think Oenameus didn't actually forgive him. He said that he and his wife would be waiting for him, and called him "brother".
Too bad about Ashur, he was a great little villain that ran his mouth a little too much.
The women in this show are quite nice looking.

This show is my #1 guilty pleasure. How much violence, sex and gore can you have?
Oenamaus and Gannicus had the best bromance on TV. And why do folks think Oenameus didn't actually forgive him. He said that he and his wife would be waiting for him, and called him "brother".
Too bad about Ashur, he was a great little villain that ran his mouth a little too much.
The women in this show are quite nice looking.

This show is tough on the girls. They've now had a complete turnover of female cast.

Spartacus rules!!!
and so does she...

:love Sexy Saxa :love

320px-Spartacus_Vengeance_Saxa.jpg
ellen-hollman-spartacus-2.jpg

If she's around next seaon, I think she will hook up with Gannicus. She was giving him eyes in a couple of scenes.

Throughout season 2 I consistently felt more irritated by the fact Naevia was a new actress than I did that Spartacus was a new actor. Liam is excellent, and that last shot of him seals it for me. I could have accepted him all along as Spartacus, its simply very sad the circumstances in which he came to the role.

Agreed 100%.

I think it took three or four episodes or so for McIntyre to truly find his feet and seem completely confident in the role, but after that he pretty much went from strength to strength, and now confidently owns the role. Considering how great Whitfield was, and the sad circumstances of how McIntyre was cast, I think that's a hell of an accomplishment really.

The new Naevia however just isn't very good in my opinion, nor does she feel like the same character, whereas Spartacus is consistent character wise, despite the actor change. Personally she was a death I was kind of hoping for as a result.

The thing for me is I only started watching this show last month or so. So from my POV Andy Whitfield was Spartacus for about a week, as long as it took me to get through season 1 while Liam McIntyre has been Spartacus for longer than that to me. From about episode 5 of season 2 onwards, I've had to wait the week between episodes along with everyone else. So for me its been Liam McIntyre over a longer duration.

Agreed 100%.

I think it took three or four episodes or so for McIntyre to truly find his feet and seem completely confident in the role, but after that he pretty much went from strength to strength, and now confidently owns the role. Considering how great Whitfield was, and the sad circumstances of how McIntyre was cast, I think that's a hell of an accomplishment really.

The new Naevia however just isn't very good in my opinion, nor does she feel like the same character, whereas Spartacus is consistent character wise, despite the actor change. Personally she was a death I was kind of hoping for as a result.

Yes to all. If she had been killed I would have been heartbroken for Crixus though...its not his fault theres a new actress playing his girl.

The thing for me is I only started watching this show last month or so. So from my POV Andy Whitfield was Spartacus for about a week, as long as it took me to get through season 1 while Liam McIntyre has been Spartacus for longer than that to me. From about episode 5 of season 2 onwards, I've had to wait the week between episodes along with everyone else. So for me its been Liam McIntyre over a longer duration.
I watched the first series when it originally aired over here then again last year. I was so invested in the show and Andy as spartacus in particular. I was genuinely upset when I heard he died. I'm a huge fan. He brought such intensity to all the scenes he was in i've never seen anything like it! Dude did an awesome job. R.I.P

It's been hard to get as attached to Liam in the role, I like the job he's doing but that attachment isn't there. Same with Neavia. But i've thoroughly enjoyed this series. Looking forward to the finale tomorrow!

I actually tried watching the first episode of Blood and Sand and thought it was stupid, but actually got in to watching Gods of the Arena and went back and watched the first season after that. So I actually watched the series in the "proper" order. For me, Blood and Sand didn't get good until about the 3rd episode, but loved it after that.

Back