The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I don't agree with using HGH and steroids and all that, a co-worker made an interesting comment to me in a debate about baseball one day.

The real sad thing is, it's so prevalent because a few started doing it, and caused a chain reaction where everyone felt a pressure to do the same to keep up.

So because a few folks broke the rules to achieve their success, they raised a bar and are the cause of it all.

While I don't agree with the use like I said, I can somewhat understand the point of view of athletes and all.

I doubt it'll happen, but I wish someone would make a counter movement, a couple folks push for doing things legitimately and honestly with hard work and effort, bring things back to where it's about what you are capable of as you are born and made.

IMO I think that is a cop-out reason. The people doing it now are NOT victims of the few who started doing it first. It spread throughout the league because people saw that others were getting away with it!

Juicing to boost your physical abilities is a choice and one that you should be held liable for your own actions. There are a lot of athletes who don't juice and are still successful. IMO the ones who do juice have something to hide and want to reach a level where their normal God given talent would not allow them, thus they would not be as famous as they are when on juice.

Last edited:
You'll get there man, and your shape will change as you go. Just keep hitting it hard, altering the diet as you go along, and burning that fat.

I find that on my own efforts, I have probably cut too many calories for a few weeks a while back. I was around 1600, sometimes 1400 for a couple of weeks. I think my body went into starvation mode, so I am upping the calories a small amount to get right under 2000. That should help me cut the rest of the weight, coupled with increased cardio.

I was curious how you guys keep up on your calorie intake as that is one thing I have never done.

My meals are:

Breakfast:
Protein shake or cereal (which is rare).

Lunch (9, 12, 3):
Chicken (fist size) and veggies

Dinner:
Chicken and veggies

Evening snack (after work out):
Egg white omelet.

I am not sure what the calorie intake is for that.

I was curious how you guys keep up on your calorie intake as that is one thing I have never done.

My meals are:

Breakfast:
Protein shake or cereal (which is rare).

Lunch (9, 12, 3):
Chicken (fist size) and veggies

Dinner:
Chicken and veggies

Evening snack (after work out):
Egg white omelet.

I am not sure what the calorie intake is for that.

Shadow do u mean log or keep track of? If that's the case I use Fitday.com and I have custom foods on there that I add daily whenever I get done eating them so I don't forget what calorie intake I'm at.

Unfortunately, I have to eat more than that to keep my migraine headaches away. As such, I'm never hoping to be one of these guys who only eats extremely small, extremely healthy meals just a few times a day. Cutting back on fast food and eating more vegetables is about it.

Again, I haven't lost any weight, but this will probably be my meals for today:

-Breakfast: bowl of cereal and 2 pieces of toast

-Lunch: Red Beans and Rice, green beans, corn, and roll; cup of water

-snack around 3:30: Either a Pop Tart, an apple, possibly some nuts or half a sandwich

-dinner: chicken or turkey sandwich and "Baked" chips; can of coca cola

-snack around 9:30/10:00: apple or an orange

Unfortunately, I have to eat more than that to keep my migraine headaches away. As such, I'm never hoping to be one of these guys who only eats extremely small, extremely healthy meals just a few times a day. Cutting back on fast food and eating more vegetables is about it.

Again, I haven't lost any weight, but this will probably be my meals for today:

-Breakfast: bowl of cereal and 2 pieces of toast

-Lunch: Red Beans and Rice, green beans, corn, and roll; cup of water

-snack around 3:30: Either a Pop Tart, an apple, possibly some nuts or half a sandwich

-dinner: chicken or turkey sandwich and "Baked" chips; can of coca cola

-snack around 9:30/10:00: apple or an orange

Seems like ur doing all right there do u know how many calories that is, I could prolly figure it out. I've been one of ppl that I have to literally force myself to eat, I really do not get hungry until the late after noon and the healthy eating lifestyle that I've adapted about 10 years ago really altered my eating habits. I use to never eat breakfast and have huge dinners, it was all out of whack but even to this day it's still hard for me to force down 10 egg whites and sweet potato and a half of cup of almonds as soon as I'm getting the morning started.

I have no idea how many calories that is, but it is pretty much the bare minimum of what I can eat without getting a headache. These things are a real curse, and affect several aspects of my life. Fortunately, intense cardio helps will get rid of them about 70% of the time.

10 egg whites and sweet potato and a half of cup of almonds as soon as I'm getting the morning started.

:horror

That's a lot of eggs! In the past, I have tried to eat a pretty big breakfast--grits, 2 eggs, biscuit--because I know the metabolism is really kicking early morning. But it takes too much time usually.

I have no idea how many calories that is, but it is pretty much the bare minimum of what I can eat without getting a headache. These things are a real curse, and affect several aspects of my life. Fortunately, intense cardio helps will get rid of them about 70% of the time.

:horror

That's a lot of eggs! In the past, I have tried to eat a pretty big breakfast--grits, 2 eggs, biscuit--because I know the metabolism is really kicking early morning. But it takes too much time usually.

Well I know this is nasty but I got used to taken the egg whites and dumping them in a blending and add a scoop of whey protein to them and drink it like a shake. I'm cutting the artificial sugars from the whey protein and taken the eggs whites and putting it into a glass and drinking them straight. Takes me 5 minutes to drink 250 calories, 1 fat, 0 carbs, 50 protein

Yeah, I HIGHLY recommend anyone who is serious about getting healthy to try a calorie counting site like Fitday.com. It's imperative that you know what you are putting in your body, as well as keeping track of your amounts of protein, fats, and carbs. You will know your calorie amount per day, and a pie chart with the percentages to show how your daily intake is shaping up.

I swear by it. It's much easier that way for me to know what I am doing, and to get my diet to it's BEST.

Were those cartonized egg whites or straight from the egg?
I got sick so many times from raw eggs :(

Damn. According to that site, my breakfast of one bowl of cereal and 2 pieces of toast was 1,300 calories! I'm not sure that I want to use this site :lol

Well it does put u in check right away. What I would do is look at the nutritional facts on the back of ur foods and put in custom foods, that way the amounts per serving are correct to the back of the label of whatever food u are eating. It lets you manually enter the carbs, proteins, cals and fats.

Not sure if the image really shows much, or maybe I'm just perceiving more change than really is, but anyway, here's me before and me today wearing the same shirt.

swcomp.jpg

In my opinion it is hard to tell the difference: a) with your shirt on (as it covers actual changes on your body, and arms with the 1st pic); b) in slightly different poses; and c) when you have different expressions/facial hair on your face. Your neck may appear a little thinner in the 2nd pic, but since it is a slightly different angle, I'm not completely sure.

Yeah, it's hard to tell in these shots... but I can see some size difference. Keep at it bro!

And yeah, Fitday does help. Especially when you are entering the info yourself and keeping track of it all. You will find yourself using a measuring cup a lot of the time too, to keep things accurate. But it really is the best way to keep track of what you are eating and what the balance is between the major 3 groups.

You'd be surprised at how bad some stuff is, things that you never would have figured would be that bad.

Well, today I hit back and chest.... and damn... I have to say.. my lower back is really gaining definition. In the mirror I can see the Christmas tree shape coming in, on the small of my back... And my upper back is really showing great too, I can see all of the musculature back there. My lats are coming in slow, but coming. I went up in weights today, and had no problems.

I also upped the bench DB's to 70's in each hand for flat and 60's for incline. Did 35's for incline and flat fly's as well... Really got a great pump and was sweating like crazy.

Instead of my usual treadmill work, I took it easy on my shins and did the elliptical for my 30 mins of cardio.

Great day though, I'm looking forward to legs tomorrow. Going to really attack my calves and hamstrings. :rock

I see a slight bit of difference Maul, mainly in the face, just a lil slimmer, just keep pluggin away it will come. It takes a lot longer to put on fat than strip it off but we have realize how long we've been eating unhealthy and gaining weight before we could ever lose it in a week...

DA, gonna get yah version 2 of Big Frank tonight, be ready!!!!

DA? Still taking Superpump 250? I broke down and got a sample pack.

Yep, been using it for at least 3 weeks now... It's worked out great so far, I have amazing pumps in the gym... only had 2 or 3 quick "superdump" moments about an hour after taking it, nothing too severe or anything. And I've been able to lift more as well as gaining size. I don't know how much is just me or the SP250, but it seems to work for me.

Jittery?

Yeah i'm looking forward to using it (minus the sucralose) If i like the sample i will buy a tub.

Yeah it's got creatine and other good stuff in it so you will be able to lift more for sure. ( i read a review on it and guy mentioned it's even got some GH release stuff in it as well)

I need a preworkout supp so i thought i'd try it.

Back