QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Jayne Cobb

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can't even get a second crew member, how are we going to get villains?

Exactly. I've pretty much given up hope on this line. Really pisses me off, but even if they do release Jayne sometime this year one crew member every four damn years means I'll be dead before they're all put out.

We can't even get a second crew member, how are we going to get villains?

Like I said, I was just thinking about it. I'm not expecting it. At least not in the next couple of years. Or not from this particular company.

I was thinking the other day about whether I'd want any villains from this universe (assuming this or any other line goes on long enough) and I couldn't think of many.

Just daydreaming. We seem to have plenty of time for that sort of thing around here as the tumbleweeds roll through...

I feel like you can have Mal on his own and it's representative of the show well enough, whereas the rest of the crew relies on you having them together in some capacity.

The funny thing is when this was first announced I had no interest and was satisfied only having Mal... but now it's been so freakin long between figures that I would probably take any new character they released!

I feel like you can have Mal on his own and it's representative of the show well enough, whereas the rest of the crew relies on you having them together in some capacity.

Provided there's a (re)assurance that we'll get the whole crew. QMX has to fully commit or just stop at Mal.

I get why companies have issues with committing to ensembles (especially with smaller licenses), but it's something of a self fulfilling prophecy - if customers don't know or have reason to believe you'll make at least the main team, they'll hesitate on pulling the trigger on anything but the character that can stand alone in their collection: in this case, Mal.

I wonder how Jayne will sell if he's finally released, if people will be nervous to pull the trigger because they have no faith in getting anymore beyond him. But then that would cause them to not make anymore due to "low interest". :dunno

Or you can buy a figure because you like the character. I like Jayne, I buy Jayne.

I get why companies have issues with committing to ensembles (especially with smaller licenses), but it's something of a self fulfilling prophecy - if customers don't know or have reason to believe you'll make at least the main team, they'll hesitate on pulling the trigger on anything but the character that can stand alone in their collection: in this case, Mal.

I wonder how Jayne will sell if he's finally released, if people will be nervous to pull the trigger because they have no faith in getting anymore beyond him. But then that would cause them to not make anymore due to "low interest". :dunno

Jayne was such a fun and memorable character that I think a lot of fans would still want to buy. And I don't see it as an "all or nothing" situation, since I'd be perfectly happy just having a Mal and Jayne, or Mal, Jayne and Zoe, etc.

There's lots of great combos just involving 3 or 4 characters, since they weren't all hanging out together in every shot of the series and Mal often went on missions or had scenes with just a couple other people at a time.

Jayne was such a fun and memorable character that I think a lot of fans would still want to buy. And I don't see it as an "all or nothing" situation, since I'd be perfectly happy just having a Mal and Jayne, or Mal, Jayne and Zoe, etc.

There's lots of great combos just involving 3 or 4 characters, since they weren't all hanging out together in every shot of the series and Mal often went on missions or had scenes with just a couple other people at a time.

I don't see it as "all or nothing"; I just see it as varying from collector to collector and character to character.

Like, for an example, for me, say Qmx gets the Buffy line. If they did, say, Buffy, and Xander, but I wasn't sure if they were going to give me any others of the Scoobies, like Willow..... I wouldn't get Xander. I don't care to have that character with Buffy unless I have all the Scoobies. Where as if Willow were the second character after Buffy, I would be more likely to get her, even without the other Scoobies.

Hoping QMX starts revealing soon. Hot Toys has lit the entire Internet on fire the past few hours. I would love to see River and/or Zoe. In fact, I haven't bought any of these, but announcing River would make me go back and get Mal and preorder Jayne.

Also praying somebody, ANYBODY, announces a Buffy figure.

Hard to tell if that Zoe sculpt is any good, but what's even harder to tell is what decade she'll be released in.. :monkey3

Jayne looks pretty good there. Happy to see one of his signature tees. That's much closer to his classic look than with the jacket.

Zoe ...

Hmm.

Not sure about her yet. Hopefully she's still early in development. LIke Jameson Rook says, it's hard to see much from that picture about the quality of the sculpt. But to my eye it does look a little oversized. And I'm not sure about the base body they're using. Something about it seems a little odd and strangely proportioned. But that all may be the angle of the pic and the pose they've chosen. The jury is definitely still out until we see some more pics.

Jayne looks awesome! Now put the ****ing up for preorder already! Zoe is meh but I'm glad to see they're at least working on other characters--though at this point they should have had at least one more in the works.

That Zoe is aweful....
That Jayne is beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do we know of any board members wandering the floor this year who we can ask to take some pics? Or if there's a general SDCC photo thread? (Most years there is, but I haven't been able to find one this year.)

Back