Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Captain Antilles figure is decent when you consider its age. Like mentioned if you upgrade the body it?s probably pretty fine. The helmet hides the face somewhat. I?ve considered picking him up.

I hope the Death Star Trooper accessory helmet that comes with Wicket isn't an indication of how a HT DST helmet would look - the accessory looks too narrow, and not flared enough. Almost looks like a larger version of a Hasbro 4" accessory.

And it is unfortunate they used the old ANH stormie helmet instead of the new ROTJ helmet.

8xtP1L9.png

In ROTJ we can see both ESB and ROTJ type Stormie helmets. Even in the pic I posted few posts above the helmet is not truly ROTJ

Yeah, but what I mean is that the HT ANH helmet is a pretty wonky sculpt with a Jay Leno chin (that has more in common with the old Sideshow stormie sculpt or the 1970s Don Post costume mask than it does the prop helmet) whereas the new HT ROTJ, while not really all that accurate to ROTJ either, is a more proportionate stormie helmet overall.

I mention this as I slave over finishing up solo-bones' custom ANH/ESB stormie helmet which will replace my wonky HT ANH helmets.:slap

I've always wanted both Rebel Fleet Troopers and Rebel Hoth Soldiers. I just know Hot Toys is never going to make them.

Rather than a reluctance to make Rebel Troopers perhaps it's the addition of the head sculpt that stops them. Their troopers are all kept at a reasonable price, with the addition of a head sculpt that price rises. Many people seem to army build with troopers (personally I can't afford to do that) and HT may fear people wouldn't do that with a trooper with a human head sculpt. This may also explain why the Death Star Trooper hasn't seen the light of day yet. Just my opinion.

Rather than a reluctance to make Rebel Troopers perhaps it's the addition of the head sculpt that stops them. Their troopers are all kept at a reasonable price, with the addition of a head sculpt that price rises. Many people seem to army build with troopers (personally I can't afford to do that) and HT may fear people wouldn't do that with a trooper with a human head sculpt. This may also explain why the Death Star Trooper hasn't seen the light of day yet. Just my opinion.

I'd even be up for HT to release some figures like these with no headsculpt, and leave it to everyone to get whatever generic/different head they want.

But I know this won't happen, as Headsculpts are HT's "thing"

There may be some credence to this theory.

I'd even be up for HT to release some figures like these with no headsculpt, and leave it to everyone to get whatever generic/different head they want.

But I know this won't happen, as Headsculpts are HT's "thing"

Then everyone will be buying the latest JNIX Will Ferrell heads to go on it instead.

I?ve wondered if that?s part of the holdup with the Death Star Trooper. Seeing as we see their faces, but they?re random actors we don?t know and are probably impossible to get likeness rights for. Unless Hot Toys just did a generic sculpt not based on anyone in particular.

Then everyone will be buying the latest JNIX Will Ferrell heads to go on it instead.

That would make a kickass Death Star Trooper head. Accurate 70s moustache and all. Be awesome to have that head on both DSTs flanking Vader as Vader talks to Leia.

62873c_9827d67ebac54a1886cfea87d18f497a.jpg

Sitting on my 1,000th post. Decided it should be in this thread. Give me the freaking Death Star Trooper already, you cowards.

Also. Wor-Gar is cooler than you. Even though I'm still convinced he looks like Jack Torrance in real life.

And I still demand a Wedge Antilles figure.

I have spoken.

Back