Buck or PRO?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Sideshow body do you prefer?

• Art S. Buck

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Prometheus

Votes: 50 73.5%

• Total voters
I don't have any buck figures, but I do have Indy on the Pro. It is a really good body with a ton of articulation, the only problem is the looseness but that seems to be fixed up now.

Can someone post some pictures of the comparison between the 3 bodies (Buck, Pro, TT)?

Right now, I prefer the buck. The Pro is just a little too short, too narrowed shouldered, has strange missing plastic from it's thighs, and has too thin looking arms.

But if Sideshow improves these issues, I'd prefer the Pro over the Buck. It's close but not quite there yet.

The Buck is bad. The Pro, even with all of it's faults, is a step in the right direction. Is it THE do-all, end-all body? No. But it's a good start in addressing the weaknesses found in the Buck. I'm just surprised that the Pro is not as flexible* as I would have thought it have been.

*(height-wise, not articulation-wise.)

On a scale of 1 to 10:

HT TT-9
SS Pro-7
SS Buck-5

I prefer the Pro to Buck, but it still has plenty of issues. Sloped shoulders and shortness being the most prominent.

Pro.....Truetype.....Buck
SANY3079.jpg

Pro.....Buck
SANY3080.jpg

SANY3083.jpg

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Remember why s many people dislike Medicom? Too short? Well how come alot of you are OK with the PRO being too short? :dunno

Once clothed and posed the hight difference becomes much less noticeable. Naked, lined up right next to eachother, it is very noticeable.

I am more concerned with the sloped shoulders than hight.

Either way, I am far from 100% satisfied with the Pro :banghead

Personaly, i display my medicom, takara, sideshow, and hot toys figures all togehter. I'm getting ready to start the process of slowly swapping al my figures off their buck bodies, EXCEPT for the dead.
I'll be using the pro in place of the sidehow short body, and the truetype in place of the regular sideshow body.

the height issue is just not something that bothers me any more.

I've never understood the three segmented torso on the Pro. How does the abdomen benefit from the extra segment compared to a True Type? Also, what is up with the absolutely flat butt? Does anyone really have a butt this flat? :confused:

On a scale of 1 to 10:

HT TT-9
SS Pro-7
SS Buck-5

I prefer the Pro to Buck, but it still has plenty of issues. Sloped shoulders and shortness being the most prominent.

Pro.....Truetype.....Buck
SANY3079.jpg

Pro.....Buck
SANY3080.jpg

SANY3083.jpg

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Remember why s many people dislike Medicom? Too short? Well how come alot of you are OK with the PRO being too short? :dunno

Well, i've only had one Pro figure, Indy, who doesn't get integrated with anyone yet.

As for Medicom, I don't think it's just short, it's also proportion. The Pro is a short, scaled with Buck and TrueType body, Medicom is just scaled down from Sideshow and Hot Toys, smaller body, smaller heads, smaller hands. Pro figures with some Buck figures will look shorter, but probably fine as far as proportions, and the heads seem to be in the same scale they've always been in.

I don't know. Stand your Indy next to your ANH Han Solo. Indy looks like "Luke" next to him.

EEE GADS!!! You're right. I hadnt really posed Indy next to any of my other Sideshow figures, or stood them side by side. Hes a midget :horror

And I stood a couple dead figures up, rather than hunched over, and the priest is tiny too :(

It wont affect the G I Joe line, or Indy line since they will all be on Pros, but I am worried about getting Star Wars figures on Pros and looking tiny with all the Star Wars figures on bucks.

F'n Sideshow :mad:

Another problem originating from the Pro's height issues; heads that would look normal sized on a regular Buck look slightly over sized on the Pro. Heads that were over sized on the Buck, will look absolutely stupid on a Pro (I'm looking at you Belloq).
:banghead

It wont affect the G I Joe line, or Indy line since they will all be on Pros, but I am worried about getting Star Wars figures on Pros and looking tiny with all the Star Wars figures on bucks.

F'n Sideshow :mad:

Another problem originating from the Pro's height issues; heads that would look normal sized on a regular Buck look slightly over sized on the Pro. Heads that were over sized on the Buck, will look absolutely stupid on a Pro (I'm looking at you Belloq).
:banghead

No you guys are starting to understand my misgivings. :(

From left to right: Tall Buck, Prometheus, Short Buck, True Type. (EDIT: King beat me to it.)

I didn't realize the Pro is the exact same size as the small Buck. I don't have any Bucks on the small body, so I didn't know.

I think Sideshow needs to start offering LEG EXTENDERS to those collectors who want to keep height issues relative within the line.

Include a set with the extra hands in the box -- starting with LANDO!

Back