Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very impressive having them all lined up on one wall like that, wish I had a wall long enough to do that! FYI I had my power packs for the lights taped on the back but they eventually fell down and I used nails to hold them up on the wall. Great idea leaving some space behind them too. All around awesome display. :clap

I hope my duck tape than hold those power packs longer, or I have to nail them on the wall too. And eventually I have enough space on the right side for a third set of pax. But right now I reserve that space for my table so I can assemble all my Gundam and zoids models during night after my daughter fall asleep. LoL

Mike,

Are those ikea sliding doors?

Finally get my Pax done. Spend almost entire week night with my wife to put them together. The final result is just GREAT. Now I can unpack all my goodies to fill these empty space. I didn't put these against the wall but leave about 10 inch gap so I can get access to all the cables on the back in case I need to change any setups. Cause you know it's impossible to move these anymore.
View attachment 141654
Make sure remove those protection films at last, so you don't have to spend whole day clean your figure prints.
View attachment 141655
View attachment 141653
Each shelf is about 28-29 inch tall. Big enough for any PF.
View attachment 141656
Try to keep those wires as clean as possible View attachment 141657
Hide a switch on bottom to turn on and off all lights.
View attachment 141658
Make sure get these wire organizer from ikea which make the entire setup much nicer and cleaner. And glue these to each shelves but not the side panel! So when you want to change the shelf hight later they won't annoying you.
View attachment 141659
Still looks so empty! Too tired tonight, need to go to sleep!
View attachment 141660
And I have all these baby to unpack.
View attachment 141661

Good nite everybody!

Idk about your experience, but putting the acrylic panels in those frames was a royal PITA for me.

The biggest pain for me is that the acrylic gets very statically charged when the masking is peeled off. So, when I slid the panel into the frame, it picked up every spec if dust/hair/carpet fibre on the floor! I kept getting stuff stuck between the frame and panel...it was a bit if a pain, if I'm honest.

The biggest pain for me is that the acrylic gets very statically charged when the masking is peeled off. So, when I slid the panel into the frame, it picked up every spec if dust/hair/carpet fibre on the floor! I kept getting stuff stuck between the frame and panel...it was a bit if a pain, if I'm honest.

Same here, and I put down a huge painter's clear plastic tarp, still had the same problem.

My solutions is don't peel off the protection sheet on the acrylic panel until you finish the entire installation. Never do it on the floor cause YES it became super statically will pick up every single dust on your floor.
I keep the protection film on the panel even when I'm installing door to the frame.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414625839.123567.jpg

My solutions is don't peel off the protection sheet on the acrylic panel until you finish the entire installation.

I had that tip mostly written up earlier and then I said, f-it, these guys are all already finished - and promptly had to get back to the discounts/codes thread. ;)

My solutions is don't peel off the protection sheet on the acrylic panel until you finish the entire installation. Never do it on the floor cause YES it became super statically will pick up every single dust on your floor.
I keep the protection film on the panel even when I'm installing door to the frame.
View attachment 142779

Yes, but with the Auli frames I used, you have to peel off the bit of masking around the edges (about 3" all around), otherwise it'll be stuck between the frame and the back side of the panel and you'd never get it out. Also, I was doing this by myself, so I had no choice but to lay it on the floor.

Last edited:
Yes, but with the Auli frames I used, you have to peel off the bit of masking around the edges (about 3" all around), otherwise it'll be stuck between the frame and the back side of the panel and you'd never get it out. Also, I was doing this by myself, so I had no choice but to lay it on the floor.

Same here. And I got a concrete floor and I vacuumed it before installation. It helps a little bit but there's still some dust stuck between the frame and the acrylic panel. I prefer to ignore them.

Putting my Pax together tonight!

Edit: did any fix theirs to the wall?

Edit #2: does anyone know the weight capacity on the pax shelves? I'm worried I may be over doing it. What's the most you guys have put on one shelf?

Last edited:
View attachment 142779

That's a brilliant idea!!! Where did you order the acrylic from? I'm on the Professional Plastics site that Gagaliya provided, but their shipping is almost as much as the panels themselves. And they want me to choose an "LTL" carrier?

That's a brilliant idea!!! Where did you order the acrylic from? I'm on the Professional Plastics site that Gagaliya provided, but their shipping is almost as much as the panels themselves. And they want me to choose an "LTL" carrier?

Do a search for local plastics manufacturers...you may be surprised to find a company near you. I was able to find a local company, and saved a lot because there were no shipping costs.

Putting my Pax together tonight!

Edit: did any fix theirs to the wall?

Edit #2: does anyone know the weight capacity on the pax shelves? I'm worried I may be over doing it. What's the most you guys have put on one shelf?

Mine isn't fixed to the wall. Honestly it's so close to the ceiling it couldn't fall over anyways(knock on wood). I recommend using the rails on the shelves I posted a while back in the thread from Home Depot. They eliminate sag and will hold anything I've put on them.

Mine isn't fixed to the wall. Honestly it's so close to the ceiling it couldn't fall over anyways(knock on wood). I recommend using the rails on the shelves I posted a while back in the thread from Home Depot. They eliminate sag and will hold anything I've put on them.

I just went and bought some of these as well. My wife was laughing at me because I had to make a special trip for these, and actually forgot what I was looking for shortly after I got in the store.

Thanks! I bought the rails and just haven't cut them yet.

Also risers FTW. I do wish they weren't as deep though.

Last edited:
Back