Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Bro. thanks for details ..... i m getting possesion of my new apartment soon so have to make plans for display cases .....btw its hard to find Ikea in India.. do they ship ??

They do but here in canada they charge stupid expensive:cuckoo: shipping rates so it's not worth it.

np guys, a more recent photo below. As you can see it's already packed to the brim, i am going to get another wider 80" pax next hopefully that will last me another year or two. The 22" shelf depth is really nice.

pax_201207.jpg

Wow looks great gagaliya. That is definetly a spacious and sleek display option. I personally don't have the space or the items to justify a PAX. I have no pieces yet and will be getting only about 2 or 3 a year so I think I am gonna start with a besta for now and maybe down the road I will progress to a Pax when we move I to a home with more space and I have accumulated more pieces. Thanks again for all the info guys feel free to keep it coming.

I'm thinking about getting 2x doubles (besta), three compartments tall both. I need room!

But damn expensive to outfit with glass doors and original lighting.

I'm thinking about getting 2x doubles (besta), three compartments tall both. I need room!

But damn expensive to outfit with glass doors and original lighting.

Yeah it ain't cheap is it bro. I am justifying it by saying if I am gonna pay money for these amazing collectables there's no point if I am not gonna display them. I got to get the doors because of my pets and kids. We'll see about lighting but I think it adds so much that I am gonna go for it as well.

Ugh I cant decide if I want to go the pax route (2x next to each other) now or Besta (2x double units next to each other) with glass doors

Ugh I cant decide if I want to go the pax route (2x next to each other) now or Besta (2x double units next to each other) with glass doors

Its a tough one eh bud:dunno. I just don't think I have the space for the PAX then a gain I never checked if they do a 1x pax I'll have to check. If I had the space I would probably considers the pax more. Good luck with your descision. Both options I think will look great.

it depends on what you collect, besta is cheaper & easier to install but offers significantly less space for the same width. If you are just casual buying a handful a year, collecting 1/6 figures or 1 license of statues like marvel xmen where the bases are known to be pretty narrow, then besta is better.

But if you are like me who just buy what like and are all over the place in term of product lines, then it's safer to go with pax so it can fit a lot more statues & no matter how tall or how deep the bases are.

ps if you go pax, dont get the black brown color like i did, it's a bit too dark for aliens etc..bad contrast. Go with the lighter brown color.

I leave in So. CA, last night we had a earthquake that i didn't even know :lol my wife just told me this morning. I had this allergy going on for few days now so i decided to drink an allergy medication so i was sleeping like a baby. I am kinda worry because i have a glass shelves on my display cabinet. I will change it to wood shelves. Will post a pictures later

I leave in So. CA, last night we had a earthquake that i didn't even know :lol my wife just told me this morning. I had this allergy going on for few days now so i decided to drink an allergy medication so i was sleeping like a baby. I am kinda worry because i have a glass shelves on my display cabinet. I will change it to wood shelves. Will post a pictures later

Hope nothing was damaged bro.

Any chance of some pics or video of how you change out the pax doors for the clear panels? I thought of buying pax instead of Besta so I could fit my Hulk com into it but was not sure about the doors.

Now I have Skaar as well the desire to have these behind dust free doors is growing

Any chance of some pics or video of how you change out the pax doors for the clear panels? I thought of buying pax instead of Besta so I could fit my Hulk com into it but was not sure about the doors.

Now I have Skaar as well the desire to have these behind dust free doors is growing

yeah pax is made for those deep base pieces. there is no custom work, just follow the ikea instruction - where they ask you to put the frosted glass panel you put the acrylic panel. That's it.

yeah pax is made for those deep base pieces. there is no custom work, just follow the ikea instruction - where they ask you to put the frosted glass panel you put the acrylic panel. That's it.

Awesome mate, thank you so much for sharing, really given me food for thought

it depends on what you collect, besta is cheaper & easier to install but offers significantly less space for the same width. If you are just casual buying a handful a year, collecting 1/6 figures or 1 license of statues like marvel xmen where the bases are known to be pretty narrow, then besta is better.

But if you are like me who just buy what like and are all over the place in term of product lines, then it's safer to go with pax so it can fit a lot more statues & no matter how tall or how deep the bases are.

ps if you go pax, dont get the black brown color like i did, it's a bit too dark for aliens etc..bad contrast. Go with the lighter brown color.

Nice post man!! I've been looking for something like this that has more to offer than a besta..

Thanks!

I created an account to thank the poster that put up the instructions for the ikea shelves. As soon as I saw it I went out and started buying pieces and I finished last weekend.

I am bad at posting images to forums but I believe I attached it to this post.

Back