Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Faaaaaaaaaaaak!!!!!! I need this Ahhhhnuld :gah::gah::gah:
:mad:

Better hurry he'll be selling out soon. Sideshow has the regular on waitlist now and the other places prices are going up. If on the fence just jump on it. You won't regret it.

Like a ''what if he stuck around and didn't have himself Terminated'' scenario.

images

Well, mine showed up today. It was quite a day with him, 89 Joker, and the 89 Batmobile all showing up! WOW! :yess:
However, once I opened Terminator, I got the feeling he had been opened before. Like someone said on here last week, the signs were a creased, almost ripped, grey cardboard insert that you remove to get to the figure; and slight fingerprints on the T-1000. But that wasn't what bothered me. I noticed the full damaged head has a large glue spot on the left side of his face, right above the hole on his cheek. It's very noticeable and probably why it was returned in the first place. This was the head I wanted to display him with. :( I put some reward points in to get him; do you think they shipped me a "defect" since I didn't pay full price?
Now that he is sold out, I probably don't have very good odds of getting a replacement head. I was REALLY looking forward to him, and this really dampened my excitement.
Any ideas on how it could be removed?

Okay... so I got mine today and I don't know if I am just bored with these or what but it's like meh... he is cool and it's from one of my favorite movies of all time but I am just not blown away... and maybe it's the price making my decision... I have seen cheaper releases have better paint and accessories in past.. I don't know, maybe I am finally growing up. (at 36 :p)

henumubu.jpg

But on that note, what's the proper way for the bandolier to lay? Mine seems weird... what does that random vertical strap do? For it to lay right it has to be on the front of him but it looks like an eye sore there... but the other issue is if it's on the back his buckle at his shoulder looks funny...

se2use3e.jpg

5eva4yma.jpg

What's the consensus on the bandolier?

M.

:lol

Yeah, if t2 is one of your favorite films and the DX13 does nothing for ya I don't know what to say:dunno

I hear my little pony is becoming popular with collectors these days:wink1:

Last edited:
Better hurry he'll be selling out soon. Sideshow has the regular on waitlist now and the other places prices are going up. If on the fence just jump on it. You won't regret it.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjU_nf84PY&list=FLpsgpZQUU-WLAEs7xruzlvA[/ame]

In the spirit of the season
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f-YZnOMF0U[/ame]

Okay... so I got mine today and I don't know if I am just bored with these or what but it's like meh... he is cool and it's from one of my favorite movies of all time but I am just not blown away... and maybe it's the price making my decision... I have seen cheaper releases have better paint and accessories in past.. I don't know, maybe I am finally growing up. (at 36 :p)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-QorVBr9E0[/ame]

Last edited:

henumubu.jpg

But on that note, what's the proper way for the bandolier to lay? Mine seems weird... what does that random vertical strap do? For it to lay right it has to be on the front of him but it looks like an eye sore there... but the other issue is if it's on the back his buckle at his shoulder looks funny...

se2use3e.jpg

5eva4yma.jpg

What's the consensus on the bandolier?

M.
:nono:thwak:horse:ignore: NO JUST NO.

Wow... okay, this place is getting as bad as He-Man and the Hiss Tank forums...

Apparently no having a different opinion around these parts...

And you know it's entirely possible to love a movie and not go head over heels for a collectible from that film...

Anyway, the bandolier?

M.

Wow... okay, this place is getting as bad as He-Man and the Hiss Tank forums...

Apparently no having a different opinion around these parts...

And you know it's entirely possible to love a movie and not go head over heels for a collectible from that film...

Anyway, the bandolier?

M.

Awe were just having alittle fun with ya, don't take offence to it, this figure has been mainly universally praised and rightly so, its a home run IMO, but its cool if its not making your pants tight:lol

As for the bandolier the bullet damage on it should be where the chest damage is, however it moves around thoughout the film so there's really no one way to pose it. Just have the little tab hanging down as its meant to be a belt loop, hope that helps:wave

Yeah you seem to have the bandolier on correctly Klocket, and you've orientated the grenades the movie accurate way (even though at this point he shouldn't have any grenades left except the single one in the M-79). The rectangular buckle tends to be on his left shoulder for most of the steel mill scenes and as Skull said that would place the bullet holes over the BD chest.

I agree with those before me, Paramoremcr88, that photo of the Full BD head is glorious. But then again, every photo you take of every figure you have is as awesome :)

Speaking of the full BD head, if anyone's looking for a spare or is just going to buy parts instead of the whole set (like me), trusted EBay seller toyshomeb2 has a few more and is the cheapest at $60 :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-scale-...2313?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item54025b52f9

Edit: and for the semi-BD the cheapest is at $57

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-1...d=100011&prg=8643&rk=1&rkt=5&sd=321255244271&

Looks horrible, neck on the MMS117 body is way to long and wrong color for the sculpt

Very easy swap though. Just take the ball joint off the MMS117

If you shave a bit of MMS117's neck (about 3-4mm) it looks much better. You have to jury-rig the connection a bit, but I like the way it looks on my shelf.

2013_12_13_00_36_49.jpg

2013_12_13_00_32_13.jpg

2013_12_13_00_40_57.jpg

Back