Hot Toys "The Lone Rangers" Tonto!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's a slim chance but there was a LR figure being worked on way back at the beginning of the year so he could still be on the way. Headsculpt may not be ready yet :dunno

Or, perhaps, they could be saving it for Ani-Com? If they only had two prototypes ready, they might've decided to send one to SDCC and keep another in HK.

Right there with you man. :exactly:
:hi5:
Or, perhaps, they could be saving it for Ani-Com? If they only had two prototypes ready, they might've decided to send one to SDCC and keep another in HK.

Ahh forgot about AniCom...could be. I wonder if they'll show off stuff that wasnt at SDCC...did they do that last year?

I love this figure and will gladly welcome it to my collection because itll be such a standout figure with a lot of shelf presence.

That's what I meant. Not the Hot Toys part, but the "we <3 you just the way you are Johnny! Never stop being who you are, Jack Spa-err, Johnny Depp!" peoples. He's a great actor, but when his movies were #1 at the box office, just for him being, Sparrow or Sparrow lite, he never wanted to stop. So, in some ways, though I'm sad that this film bombed, there's a bright side, too, as you said, Depp is, hopefully, starting to realize that playing a stereotype of himself isn't going to cut it.

Oh, we're good then! :) :duff And, I do wish he gets away from the POTC cliché. But it could be, as Rzeznikk said, that he's doing things just for fun.

Anyways, Tonto looks damn good and will surely be a part of my collection. :)

The Tonto figure is very impressive. I liked the movie for a fun popcorn flick. I will have to get this figure and I am hoping the Lone Ranger will be coming out as well. Would love to have a set since I grew up watching the Lone Ranger.

I would also like to buy it, but first I have to be sure the Lone Ranger will be done and release, this figure is really cool, but the lone Tonto will not do for me.

Yes, considering the movie was a flop, I'm worried they won't to Armie and that's the only way I'll buy this Depp. Awesome figure in person and one of the first in-scale Depps too - I swear this body is shorter.

Yeah I think HT is trying to do more accurate scaling on each figure rather than one standard height. Look at the Burt Ward Robin figure.

I guess hot toys should be happy there is some interest in tonto. But after seeing this, the mandatin assault tony, and all the alternative iron man suits, it feels like HT is trolling its customers. Okay, troll may be abit strong, but there basically saying "if you dont buy all other crap we are making we are not gunna do another run at the avengers". I mean just seeing hulk being scalped to a price EQUAL TO THE MAQUETTE is enuff to piss me off.

just wanted to jump on the back of the bandwagon and say how brilliant this figure looks!. Like others have said though I couldn't get this without the LR to go with it. But I am sure if people buy this then HT will go with the LR. Would make sense you'd think.

1013260_561713293890665_1152400099_n_zps0dee27e2.png

Guess folks will be very happy now! :yess:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.561711547224173.1073741983.138228759572456&type=3

I really like the "Tonto" design. It is a original idea but feels like a design from a comic/cartoon that translated very well into a motion picture. The crow on the head is brilliant. You can see the Halloween costume in the horizon!!

Back