Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09?

No chance. Don't forget that these are armored figures, and may actually come with more than the Stormtroopers did (if they come with both the head sculpt and helmet, which I'm still a little doubtful about). The Stormtroopers are $90 apiece, so it doesn't seem too likely that these would be less than $175.

Now that we're deciding on price and other details, it would be funny if were totally wrong and these weren't coming at all. :lol

We could end up with these two...

StormTrooper-1.jpg

Urinals are the exclusives. :monkey3 :lol

Since they hopefully knew they were going to make these and let the production line run free when they were making the regular stormtrooper and they are just going to reuse the heads so these should be a little less then the reg.. I'd say about $80 each.

Last edited:

Ideally here's what this set would look like:

Han - ANH Han head cast in translucent resin, Stormie helmet/head, binders, blaster and rifle.
Luke - ANH Luke head cast in translucent resin, Stormie head/helmet, commlink, grapple belt.

Price : $189.99/$199.99

($89.99 per trooper plus $10 SDCC surcharge)x2 = $199.99 for Attendees. $209.99 for Non-Attendees.

It's not going to be less than the reg, because it'll have the helmet plus another head. And it's not like the Stormtrooper Commander was less than the reg because it was re-use. If it were Hasbro re-use could lower the price, but we're talking Sideshow here.

Han - ANH Han head cast in translucent resin, Stormie helmet/head, binders, blaster and rifle.
Luke - ANH Luke head cast in translucent resin, Stormie head/helmet, commlink, grapple belt.

Translucent Resin? anyone have an example? What benefit would that do? I have not heard of that before (I'm still a noob, I guess)

I imagine that would help give a lifelike appearance, but I am just guessing

Translucent Resin? anyone have an example? What benefit would that do? I have not heard of that before (I'm still a noob, I guess)

I imagine that would help give a lifelike appearance, but I am just guessing

The translucent resin is what the used on Clone Obi Wan, it gives it a more "flesh" like quality.

Ah, I was wondering what's the difference with a translucent resin head.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for as well, but I figure they'll both come with blasters. The binders, rifle, commlink and grappling hook are the '?'

Not likely, but maybe they'd throw in a mouse droid as well?

I dont think we'd see the mouse droid. I agree though, the things we'd REALLY want to see are big ole question marks.

A nice mouse droid would make it easier to swallow at $200+. If not, hopefully one day they'll release it as part of a accessory pack with the st belts.

I just can't see them being close to the same price as a STs (remember, those were prices from a year ago, $90) while coming with an extra head. My thought is $120 ea... ARRGHH! My wallet!

There's no way in hell they will charge $120 each. A stormtrooper by itself cost $90 its the same body just with a new head on it.

Let's all just pretend they will be $120 each. It will minimize the grumbling when the specs and lower price are actually released.

Let's all just pretend they will be $120 each. It will minimize the grumbling when the specs and lower price are actually released.

:lol Im down for that. But wouldn't that lead to anger when we see the heads are just taken from the ANH Han and Luke unaltered, the bodies are equal height and have no extras? :lol

:lol Im down for that. But wouldn't that lead to anger when we see the heads are just taken from the ANH Han and Luke unaltered, the bodies are equal height and have no extras? :lol

anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, suffering leads to pissy rants on a fan based message board. ;)

I don't like this price guessing. I can just imagine the Sideshow reps reading this forum:

Dusty - "Wow, Brent, check this out. They are willing to pay $120 per fig! :google"
Brent - "Well, that's still less than what Hot Toys is charging. Hey Tom, let's up the price of the two pack to $240 and see what happens."
Tom - "Sounds good to me!"

Yeah, cause thats how they do it. :rolleyes:

Oh by the way its Brant. Not Brent.

Back