Triplets (Twins sequel)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real twist should be Eddie goes white face like in that old SNL skit and plays a white guy.

What's sad is that even if it is a joke, our expectations of Hollywood have dropped so low that something this ridiculous sounds plausible :lol

I hope hot toys gets the liscense.that way we won't ever have to see figures of this.

So this isn't a joke? :monkey4

News broke online last week about Universal Pictures' upcoming sequel to the 1988 Ivan Reitman comedy, Twins, to be titled Triplets. This time around, the original film's stars, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito, will team with a long-lost third brother, to be played by Eddie Murphy.

ComingSoon.net learned of the proposed project during an interview late last year with Schwarzenegger himself and, while the full piece is still under embargo, we're now able to share with you the actor's thoughts on the unlikely big screen sequel.

"I would love to do another 'Twins,'" Schwarzenegger said when asked if there were any past characters he'd like to revist. "As a matter of fact, we’ve been talking about doing one and it’s called 'Triplets.' I’d find somebody like Eddie Murphy or someone that people would say, 'How does that happen, medically speaking?' and, 'Physically, there’s no way!' Then, somehow, we would explain it. That would be hilarious with what we know about someone like him."

Last week's news confirmed that Murphy has, indeed, joined the project, which is now looking for screenwriters.

"I can see a poster," the actor continued. "A billboard with us three. 'They found another one!' 'Triplets!' 'Only their mother can tell them apart!' I would do that in two seconds, because that’s real entertainment. You come out with that movie for Christmas, like December 5th or something like that, and you’re home free."

The original film opened on December 9th and grossed over $200 million worldwide.

Returning to the screen after his time in politics, Schwarzenegger has already lined up a number of different projects. He'll be featured in an expanded role in the upcoming The Expendables 2, lead Kim Jee-Woon's English-language debut The Last Stand and then re-team with Sylvester Stallone on The Tomb.

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88837

frankreynoldsnoose2.gif

So Arnold himself just confirmed that this is actually happening. Guess there's really no denying it now.

The former California governor said during Lionsgate‘s panel for the action pic The Expendables 2 today at Comic-Con that he will make a sequel to the 1998 movie Twins in which he co-starred with Danny DeVito. He is reteaming with that movie’s original director Ivan Reitman too, Schwarzenegger said, the project is in development and they are looking for a writer. It would be the latest project set up for the action star since he re-entered the Hollywood fold. He is starring in the David Ayer-directed action thriller Ten for Open Road and also alongside Sylvester Stallone in the high-tech prison drama The Tomb for helmer Mikael Hafstrom.

https://www.deadline.com/2012/07/ar...wins-sequel-confirmed-comic-con-ivan-reitman/

Danny DeVito also confirmed this on The Graham Norton Show. I don't think I've ever seen the first one all the way through. Going to have to rent it.

Back