Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Stash: Open Beta

Also, on the "review" step before final submit, there are no buttons to edit or change anything... definitely need a way to make a change at that point.

And, when counting pieces, do you break out individual pieces of the clothing on the figure? Count the body and head separately? Shoes as 2 or 1 for the pair? For example, on The Friend figure, if you break out his suit pieces and body and count each shoe, the total number of pieces is 28... or if you count the figure with suit and one head as a single unit (the item being added), then the piece count might only be considered as 20 plus the figure (as a whole wearing the suit, shoes and one head sculpt).

Last edited:

Could you change the release year for the Dead ornament to 2007 when you approve? (See... I needed to change upon review but couldn't) :lol

Some thoughts about the "edition size" field... a lot of figures have more than one edition size; e.g. "The Friend" was 2000 pieces at the Tokyo Exhibition and 500 pieces for Hong Kong (even had its own Hong Kong sticker). A lot of Medicom figures do this as well... part of the edition at Japanese events and part for net sales either in Japan, the US or both. For the Medicom figures where there is no apparent difference, I would assume to just add the edition numbers together for a total, but with the Friend, would the 2000 edition size be the base and the 500 edition be a variant since it included the additional Hong Kong sticker on the box?

Or should the edition size field be text instead of numeric so that notes can be added... for example, for The Friend I could have entered...

2000 - Tokyo Exhibition 2010
500 - Hong Kong

...or something similar. Thoughts?

Manufactures needed to be added...

Medicom Toys
..Licenses
....Too many to list right now (I'll try to make a list)

Enterbay

Go Hero

Amok Time

Executive Replicas

Triad Toys
..Licenses
....Samurai Champloo
....Soul Calibur
....Wanted: Dead or Alive
....John Carter of Mars
....A Princess of Mars
....Lone Wolf and Cub
....Tekken 6
....House, M.D.
....Barb Wire
....Ghost
....Zorro
....Dexter
....Splinter Cell

Ignite

Diamond Select

Good Smile Company

Max Factory

MegaHouse

Azone International

Takara Tomy

Bandai

Yamato

...there are tons of others, but I tried to list the biggies that have produced action figures, dolls and statues.

Also, on the "review" step before final submit, there are no buttons to edit or change anything... definitely need a way to make a change at that point.

And, when counting pieces, do you break out individual pieces of the clothing on the figure? Count the body and head separately? Shoes as 2 or 1 for the pair? For example, on The Friend figure, if you break out his suit pieces and body and count each shoe, the total number of pieces is 28... or if you count the figure with suit and one head as a single unit (the item being added), then the piece count might only be considered as 20 plus the figure (as a whole wearing the suit, shoes and one head sculpt).

For the change during review, it might not be intuitive but you can click any of the "bread crumb" links at the top to go back. That is the only reason I didn't add an extra link at the bottom of the review page.

You pose a good question about the pieces field. I added it out there in hast and didn't get to expand the directional text around it very much.

Personally I think we should be breaking out everything that is an individual piece. Each separate piece of clothing and hands, etc. The reason I say this is because on the part break out section ideally I want every individual piece listed because those will tie into customs eventually.

For the change during review, it might not be intuitive but you can click any of the "bread crumb" links at the top to go back. That is the only reason I didn't add an extra link at the bottom of the review page.

You pose a good question about the pieces field. I added it out there in hast and didn't get to expand the directional text around it very much.

Personally I think we should be breaking out everything that is an individual piece. Each separate piece of clothing and hands, etc. The reason I say this is because on the part break out section ideally I want every individual piece listed because those will tie into customs eventually.

In that case, change the count on The Friend to 28 when you approve. :dance

Could you change the release year for the Dead ornament to 2007 when you approve? (See... I needed to change upon review but couldn't) :lol

Some thoughts about the "edition size" field... a lot of figures have more than one edition size; e.g. "The Friend" was 2000 pieces at the Tokyo Exhibition and 500 pieces for Hong Kong (even had its own Hong Kong sticker). A lot of Medicom figures do this as well... part of the edition at Japanese events and part for net sales either in Japan, the US or both. For the Medicom figures where there is no apparent difference, I would assume to just add the edition numbers together for a total, but with the Friend, would the 2000 edition size be the base and the 500 edition be a variant since it included the additional Hong Kong sticker on the box?

Or should the edition size field be text instead of numeric so that notes can be added... for example, for The Friend I could have entered...

2000 - Tokyo Exhibition 2010
500 - Hong Kong

...or something similar. Thoughts?

Hmm, that is interesting. I would say if it is the exact same figure released in two different markets and in those markets it had separate edition sizes we add them together. But if there was a variance between the two then they would be added separately. Although you bring up a valid point about the Friend piece. I can see that one being added as two separate collectibles.

I do have it on my feature list to add a "notes" section that would be moderated notes that could be added for a collectible. This would be outside of the eventual discussion part and would be used to add notes such as what you listed above.

Manufactures needed to be added...

Medicom Toys
..Licenses
....Too many to list right now (I'll try to make a list)

Enterbay

Go Hero

Amok Time

Executive Replicas

Triad Toys
..Licenses
....Samurai Champloo
....Soul Calibur
....Wanted: Dead or Alive
....John Carter of Mars
....A Princess of Mars
....Lone Wolf and Cub
....Tekken 6
....House, M.D.
....Barb Wire
....Ghost
....Zorro
....Dexter
....Splinter Cell

Ignite

Diamond Select

Good Smile Company

Max Factory

MegaHouse

Azone International

Takara Tomy

Bandai

Yamato

...there are tons of others, but I tried to list the biggies that have produced action figures, dolls and statues.

Thanks for the list. I will add these to my other list.

I try to spend my time doing a mix of coding, approving and adding new manufacturers, but I will keep you posted when I am working on a specific manufacturer. Of course if there is one you definitely want added because you own collectibles, let me know and it will go higher on the list.

Thanks again! You have been killing it.

Thanks for the list. I will add these to my other list.

I try to spend my time doing a mix of coding, approving and adding new manufacturers, but I will keep you posted when I am working on a specific manufacturer. Of course if there is one you definitely want added because you own collectibles, let me know and it will go higher on the list.

Thanks again! You have been killing it.

Well, now that I'm "actually" doing some testing, it makes it easier to make suggestions! :slap :rotfl

Medicom and Triad would be manufactures I would like to see moved to the top of the list... I'll start working on categories, licenses, etc. for Medicom so that when you are ready to add, we'll have most of the info needed right off the bat.

Well, now that I'm "actually" doing some testing, it makes it easier to make suggestions! :slap :rotfl

:rock Glad to have you on board!

Medicom and Triad would be manufactures I would like to see moved to the top of the list... I'll start working on categories, licenses, etc. for Medicom so that when you are ready to add, we'll have most of the info needed right off the bat.

That will definitely help, I will keep you posted.

Some more thoughts...

Should we be ignoring indefinite and definite articles (a/an/the) when sorting titles, e.g. "Friend, The" instead of "The Friend"? That is the way almost all books, movies, DVDs, etc. are sorted on other sites, and it makes it easier to find an item. This would apply to categories, licenses, item titles, etc.

Ok, here are some missing Hot Toys categories and licenses... seems like every piece I try to contribute is not listed in either category or licenses or both! :slap :rotfl

Missing

Movie Masterpiece Series
...First Blood
...First Blood 2
...Rambo 3
...Rocky 3
...Rocky 4
...Robocop 3
...Pirates of the Caribbean 2
...Pirates of the Caribbean 3
...Appleseed Saga Ex Machina
...Warlords, The
...Hellboy 2
...Spirit, The
...Goemon
...Astro Boy
...Kamui Gaiden
...Resident Evil

Movie Masterpiece Series Deluxe
...Enter the Dragon

Anime Masterpiece Series
...Golgo 13

Comic Masterpiece Series
...City Hunter

Hot Angel Series
...Alien VS Predator

VideoGame Masterpiece Series
...Biohazard 4 (Resident Evil 4)
...Biohazard 5 (Resident Evil 5)

Movie Icon Series
...James Dean
...Marlon Brando
...Wong Ka Kui

Misc
...Prison Break
...Year of the Mouse

Tezuka Osamu Series
...Black Jack

Early pieces - need to figure out best way to categorize
Eric So
Brothersfree
How2Work
Namson Lau
Battle Royale
Jason Siu
Kennyswork
Pal Wong
Winson Classic Creation
Un-licensed (George Lucas, Tom Cruise, Neo)
Military

Last edited:

Some more thoughts...

Should we be ignoring indefinite and definite articles (a/an/the) when sorting titles, e.g. "Friend, The" instead of "The Friend"? That is the way almost all books, movies, DVDs, etc. are sorted on other sites, and it makes it easier to find an item. This would apply to categories, licenses, item titles, etc.

Hmm, this is another interesting thought. I want to keep the label of the licenses and stuff the true name but I can see that being necessary for searching.

This is something I can put on the list to look into but I won't be able to get to it right away.

Ok, here are some missing Hot Toys categories and licenses... seems like every piece I try to contribute is not listed in either category or licenses or both! :slap :rotfl

Missing

Movie Masterpiece Series
...First Blood
...First Blood 2
...Rambo 3
...Rocky 3
...Rocky 4
...Robocop 3
...Warlords, The
...Hellboy 2
...Spirit, The
...Goemon
...Astro Boy
...Kamui Gaiden
...Resident Evil

...Enter the Dragon

Anime Masterpiece Series
...Golgo 13

Comic Masterpiece Series
...City Hunter

Hot Angel Series
...Alien VS Predator

Movie Icon Series
...James Dean
...Marlon Brando
...Wong Ka Kui

Misc
...Prison Break
...Year of the Mouse

Tezuka Osamu Series
...Black Jack

Eric So
Brothersfree
How2Work
Namson Lau
Battle Royale
Jason Siu
Kennyswork
Pal Wong
Winson Classic Creation
Military

I will get these in tonight! I remember not adding all of Hot Toys at the time because it was a pain getting all of their information because their site was down.

I will get these in tonight! I remember not adding all of Hot Toys at the time because it was a pain getting all of their information because their site was down.

Yeah, it is down right now! I was going to do some research but couldn't.

I just tried adding the Bruce Lee Deluxe Sideshow Exclusive figure and it kept telling me it already existed, even though it doesn't appear to be in the catalog yet. What field is the unique identifier or key? Or is that not even one of the visible fields?

Yeah, it is down right now! I was going to do some research but couldn't.

I just tried adding the Bruce Lee Deluxe Sideshow Exclusive figure and it kept telling me it already existed, even though it doesn't appear to be in the catalog yet. What field is the unique identifier or key? Or is that not even one of the visible fields?

It is probably still pending. On that list you see now, it should say status either "Pending" or "Approved".

Missing

Movie Masterpiece Series
...First Blood
...First Blood 2
...Rambo 3
...Rocky 3
...Rocky 4
...Robocop 3
...Warlords, The
...Hellboy 2
...Spirit, The
...Goemon
...Astro Boy
...Kamui Gaiden
...Resident Evil

...Enter the Dragon

Anime Masterpiece Series
...Golgo 13

Comic Masterpiece Series
...City Hunter

Hot Angel Series
...Alien VS Predator

Movie Icon Series
...James Dean
...Marlon Brando
...Wong Ka Kui

Misc
...Prison Break
...Year of the Mouse

Tezuka Osamu Series
...Black Jack

Eric So
Brothersfree
How2Work
Namson Lau
Battle Royale
Jason Siu
Kennyswork
Pal Wong
Winson Classic Creation
Military

All of these have been added except for the ones under "Misc" and then the "Early pieces".

Right now those can just be added under the category "Hot Toys" until we figure out the best way to categorize them.

Also, I noticed for the Bruce Lee DX that it is a MMS - DX. Right now I have DX as its own category.

I am pretty sure all DX right now are movie based characters but I guess they could do non movie based characters in the future. Does it make sense to keep DX by it self or have DX/MMS or MMS/DX.

I think I like DX being a higher category because then you can see all DX figures at that level.

Back