Lego DC Superheroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lego DC 2012...

I have all of the original sets MISB, and got a couple of doubles to build (Batmobile, Batwing, and Ultimate Batmobile,) when my old KayBee went belly up. I got those three sets for... are you sitting?

$45 for all three.

Thanks for the info, gents. Guess I'll go back to my old completest ways.

I just picked up the mini magnet figurines of Batman, Robin and Joker. I read that you can use the hot water technique to separate the glue. Anyone here has personal tips on doing this with the hot water. Thanks.

I've been holding out on these sets for awhile now since I have most of the original releases (only missing the Bat Tank). I finally saw the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape set and had to pick it up.

I love all of the new paint apps added to the mini figures and the capes feel a little softer this time around. It pushed me over the edge and I think I am going to get the new Batcave and new Batmobile sets. Still have not decided on the Batwing for now and the Catwoman set seems pretty weak.

I'm fine with more Bats, less everyone else :lol The problem is a lot of the other heroes dont' have a lot of things that could be built. They had to go with a Luthor robot to get Supes out. Wonderwoman's invisable jet has potential though. And GL could be interesting too. But I don't know about much else. Fortress of Solitude maybe? :dunno

So I wouldn't be surprised if this line stays Batman heavy.

I'd like Green Lantern Corps & Oa set vs Star Sapphire

An Etrigan set.

Black Canary & Green Arrow set

Supergirl vs Metallo set

I get what you mean though, its not a shortage of characters but locations/vehicles

And if they were to do more Batman, they need some new characters like Huntress, Hush, Red Hood ect...

Last edited:

Yeah, that's DC's big problem here. They don't have a lot of iconic vehicles/buildings they can make. Batman is kinda the exception and why we've gotten a lot of Bat stuff. Marvel on the other hand seems to have a lot more potential than DC.

I'm totally cool with the line being Batman oriented. We need a Wayne Manor and maybe a couple Batman Beyond inspired sets.

I picked up the Catwoman set and the Batmobile set today. I originally picked up Catwoman since felt like I had to since I will be getting the rest :lol but it turns out it is a pretty neat little set. I actually really like the street lamp and mail box. I am saving the Batmobile for the weekend but I love what I see.

Next week I will pick up the Batcave :D

It'd be cool if they did "Ultimate" versions of the TAS and Beyond Batmobiles, like that one from the first wave of Lego Batman Stuff. As for Superman, three words: Lego Bizarro World.:lol

Yeah, that's DC's big problem here. They don't have a lot of iconic vehicles/buildings they can make. Batman is kinda the exception and why we've gotten a lot of Bat stuff. Marvel on the other hand seems to have a lot more potential than DC.

I wouldn't say that. There are lots of non-Batman sets they could make:

Daily Planet
Fortress of Solitude
OA
Titans Tower
Darkseid Throne Room
Any number of Green Lantern constructs
Atlantis
Paradise Island
Invisible Jet

And so on. But Batman sells the best, so it's Batman that gets made. I can't think of many iconic Marvel locations or vehicles. A lot of their main characters Spidey, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, etc. aren't really known for their rides or bases. I guess they could make the Spider-Mobile and that creepy van Cap had in the 80s.

There's some potential for X-Men vehicles, and maybe an Avenger's mansion and Quinjet, but not much else...

They've already made the Avenger's Quinjet. ;)

You got the X-mansion, danger room, sentinels, the Fantasticar, Galactus, Helicarrier, as well as any number of random street or vehicle sets they could make like the Wolverine chopper vs Deadpool copter set.

I'm just not sure how many of those DC sets have real potential. Invisible Jet for sure, but I'm not sure a newspaper office has sellability to kids unless it under attack :lol

I guess the Lego Batman 2 game will be our best insight on what to expect. At least we know Flash, Aquaman, and Captain Marvel will be in it thanks to the DLC villians pack (Grodd, Bizarro, Black Adam, Black Manta, and Captain Cold).

Oooh, that reminds me, I'll have to pick up Lego Batman 2 when it hits. Regarding Shazam, what about the Wizard's cave with the seven sin statues? Mr.mind or Dr. Sivana with a giant robot, perhaps? As for the Daily Planet, you could always do Kingdom Come.:lol

I wouldn't say that. There are lots of non-Batman sets they could make:

Daily Planet
Fortress of Solitude
OA
Titans Tower
Darkseid Throne Room
Any number of Green Lantern constructs
Atlantis
Paradise Island
Invisible Jet

Nice ideas, i could see the Fortress, OA, Atlantis and Invisible jet becoming sets

I'm just not sure how many of those DC sets have real potential. Invisible Jet for sure, but I'm not sure a newspaper office has sellability to kids unless it under attack :lol

They do make sets of un-interestings locations like the city post office and grocery store.

They could do the Daily Bugle with Peter, Spidey, Jonah, Robbie, betty and a villain attacking

Same with Daily Planet... Clark, Superman, Lois, Jimmy and a villain attacking.

Can you imagine building a Galactus to scale with these minifigs? That'd be overwhelmingly awesome!

I personally think a Sentinel would be cooler, but yeah, Galactus has potential. Can't think of many giant DC characters that would be cool like that though. A few larger Hulk sized figures sure, but not Galactus sized.

Back