Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I don't know, Wor-Gar. I think he looks pretty good. Personally I'm not such a stickler for detail with this Belloq in particular since he really is just a guy in a 1930s linen suit. Yeah, the jacket's too tight when you try and button it, but to me it's not that big a deal.

I still think he looks pretty good.

For a simple figure, it really is all about the outfit and the fit. There's not too much else to it. So the suit becomes critical. If it doesn't fit, and fit well for $70+, then that's a problem for me.

Anyway, he's mine now, so I gotta make him work.

Here's a compare of my primitaive custom Belloq from years ago versus the SS Belloq:

SSvsWGBelloq1.jpg

SSvsWGBelloq2.jpg

At least I should be able to cobble together a superior Belloq from parts of each of these.

I'm happy to have a proper hat now. And the SS sculpt is obviously superior. So is the suit material.

For a simple figure, it really is all about the outfit and the fit.

Exactly, someone said its just a guy in a suit. So how'd they manage to ^^^^ up the suit?

They can do Darth Vader armor with chest boxes and switches and differant cloth and leather layers but they can't tailor a simple men's suit?

W.T.F. Money poorly spent.

I dunno. It seems to me like Sideshow really does well with non-real list tailoring... But the only realistic suits come from Toys2 and HT.

For a simple figure, it really is all about the outfit and the fit. There's not too much else to it. So the suit becomes critical. If it doesn't fit, and fit well for $70+, then that's a problem for me.

Anyway, he's mine now, so I gotta make him work.

Here's a compare of my primitaive custom Belloq from years ago versus the SS Belloq:

SSvsWGBelloq1.jpg

SSvsWGBelloq2.jpg

At least I should be able to cobble together a superior Belloq from parts of each of these.

Well Sideshow did a better fedora than your custom has.
But other then that...
Pretty bad when a generic Dragon sculpt looks closer.
:duh

From pictures, I personally think the material on your custom is WAY... WAY... WAY......WAYWAYWAY better Wor Gar. It looks so much smoother and finer weave on both the jacket and pants.

The SSC almost looks like they used the same material they use for Jedi tunics which is so rough.

Was it custom made or did another company actually do that?

Since SSC boxed the Belloq and the pedestal seperate I wonder if they'd let me return Belloq for a refund at the non-ex price....:lol:lol:lol

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

The SS material is actually better in person and much more accurate to the real thing.

Was it custom made or did another company actually do that?

I cobbled all the parts (Dragon head obviously, repainted) and painted shoes to look like that, belt, watch, map, gun, hat...all from Dragon bits and whatever and customized. The jacket and pants were made for me by a woman who is no longer in the biz (too bad, she did excellent work).

It really blows my mind how you manage to make something too small for these already scrawny figures......? I'll take slightly baggy over too small any day!

Looks much better futzed with.

It does. And I'm sure I can put together a great Belloq out of this... just a little frustrating that he's so un-ready out of the box, that it will require new parts and the casting aside of inferior ones (tie) and -- most aggravating --that the suit doesn't fit in the way it is supposed to (to make that bloody tie work).

SSvsWGBelloq3.jpg

I figure I'll give the SS Belloq my custom's blue shirt, scarf, watch and map.

I think my custom Belloq might work with the SS tie, as the jacket has working buttons, so at least I can get it to close and cover the short, fat tie.

So basically, I'm flipping the intended figures: SS Cairo Bar Belloq becomes Dig Site Belloq, and my custom Dig Site Belloq will become the Cairo Bar Belloq.

That custom looks pretty sweet. The way you have him all futzed there in that pic he does look really nice.

Yeah, between the two, you are Golden Wor-Gar. Still like to see hair/eyebrow repaint, should look better.

Guess this means no Belloq Variants.

I kinda get the feeling that Sideshow knew the Chamber was selling this figure and didn't take the effor the make sure the production figure's suit was great. Which is a real shame. I wonder how many years the regular Belloq will be given away as Spooktacular prizes now?

didn't take the effor the make sure the production figure's suit was great.

That is very apparent. Lots fell through the holes here.

Another reason I'd say the Indy line is at its end, or one figure away.

I wonder how many years the regular Belloq will be given away as Spooktacular prizes now?

:lol

I really wish I got this for free. Then I'd feel I got a fair deal.

It really is a shame you can't button the jacket. What's worse, leaving it open looks terrible as well, since the snap(doesn't EVERYONE have giant snaps on their suit jackets??) has to show. Also, now the buttons look like they are on the wrong side, since when closed, it gives the illusion the jacket is buttoned up.
The Tie?? That's just wrong.
Mike

Now where can we go to get that great pedestal all by its self? :naughty

I don't know about that, but the good news for those of us who got the Ex version of this is that Belloq comes in his own, regular edition box and was packed in with the separate Idol base box in one surprisingly huge shipping box. So eBaying this away will be easy. So will parting out the base if anybody wants to make a buck on evilBay.

HPIM3567.jpg

Here is my collection for those of you who didn't see my thread on onesixth which I saw somebody linked to this thread. It includes all three Gentle Giant Comic Con Crates, the Hasbro Ark, Medicom Urn of Nurhachi and Sankara Stone, and Palisades Adventure Kermit for kicks. I won't be displaying the Belloq, but will surely used the melting head Toht.

HPIM3577.jpg

HPIM3579.jpg

HPIM3573.jpg

HPIM3571.jpg

I had a question. I haven't actually opened my Bellog yet because I don't really care, but I've seen people comment about a metal Idol. Does he come with a metal Idol?

Right now I'm using the metal Gentle Giant one because the plastic SS one was kinda rounded on the bottom and didn't sit flat.

Last edited:
Back