3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I hadn't slept on that barge
e74f4b6315444b7583f3c0aa5989d8b3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

People who ordered the skiff and skiff guards three pack from BBTS are getting shipping notices before people who ordered straight from Hasbro.

They said people who ordered from Hasbro Pulse could get their items before other retailers, but I guess that isn't the case at all. :(

Hoping to get my skiff shipping notice from dorkside soon:yess:

The skiffs next to the barge do reinforce the scaled down nature of the barge though. Those skiffs look almost twice the size they should be.

Hoping to get my skiff shipping notice from dorkside soon:yess:

The skiffs next to the barge do reinforce the scaled down nature of the barge though. Those skiffs look almost twice the size they should be.

Yeah but it is nice to get scaled up skiffs to fit all the guards on. They were looking ridiculous all crammed onto the old ones.

Yeah but it is nice to get scaled up skiffs to fit all the guards on. They were looking ridiculous all crammed onto the old ones.

Yeah I need to check that I have all the most up-to-date figs to go on the skiff.

It's just interesting that as massive as the barge is,it's about 50% the size it should be for 4" scale. Hasbro does a great job with fudging scale so it appears to be correct to a 4" figure, even though in reality it's more in scale with a 2" figure.

Re: 3.75" Collecting Thread

Nobody wants a 7-foot barge. The current one is already too big for most collectors.

Yeah, the current barge was too big (and expensive) for me. I still love my ROTJ shuttle, but that's about as big as my display space can handle.

All I'm getting at is part of the evolution of SW 4" figs from vintage to POTF2 to Saga era to the past 5-7 years is figures has been edging toward unbelievably screen accuracy (incredible levels of sculpt detail, accurate body proportions and face sculpts, the way they are articulated) I mean many of the newest 4" figures you could blow up to 12" and they would still be very good and screen accurate.

The distortion of scale thing (where the vintage falcon was 1/3 the size it "should" be) worked brilliantly in the vintage era and even the POTF2 era (and perhaps even beyond) but as the figures have increasingly gotten to crazy levels of spot-on accuracy, the fudging of scale just becomes more noticeable.

I obviously understand the practicality aspects - cost, space, ship-ability, buyer numbers etc - and obviously a 7' barge is a non-starter, it's just when you have a new skiff that literally looks like a perfectly scaled down replica of the full-size vehicle to the smallest sculpt/paint detail, with figures that look like little people, better than the miniatures that LFL made for the real models, the skiff/barge scale difference jumps out a bit more than it used to.

Especially in an era where Hasbro goes to crazy scale accuracy lengths like reducing the size of their snowspeeder to make it pretty much 100% screen accurate and look almost as good as a studio scale model.

Pretty big joke Hasbro didn’t have one single new figure to show off for 3.75. I’m real tired of the incompetence. Wish we could go back to 2007-2012 era of 3.75 figures.

I decided in early 2019 to stop buying 3 ¾, majority on NECA (passed on 7 this year), forget the black series and use the funds to buy only two HT figures DX TPM Maul (crazy I have to say DX TPM Maul now) and Count Dooku. In the end those two figures will have more “PUNCH” in my display room than tiny little 3 ¾ and 7 inch that look like toys.

I patted myself on the back went on YouTube and discovered W Dragon. Said “DAMN GINA”, made the purchase ($120 Can) and now I have a new interest……

“Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in”

This my friends is better than six $20 vintage collection figures....

Sorry I know this is off topic, but I’ve seen those on Instagram. Where did you order it from? Ebay seems to be the only place I can find.

Back