Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not certain why posting facts gets me called "immature"...

You could have met my photo analysis with some of your own. Instead you chose to belittle me constantly and announce how superior you are. Then you arrogantly dismiss the stated views of multiple users here as to what they see on screen and even dismiss a piece of screen-used evidence, which shows professional artists at the time either intended the design to be blue (if done before the live-action filming) or themselves observed blue in the live-action scenes with Harrison Ford.

But again you explicitly claimed that you knew the coat was brown in 1980, meaning you were superior even to the professional artists back then directly involved in Star Wars. I am sure those who agree with you will pretend that is not an absurd boast, but I am calling that out as a ridiculous lie.

And all of that is what in fact leads me to deem you "immature" (that is not "name-calling" it is a sincerely meant personal judgment as to your character).

But again you explicitly claimed that you knew the coat was brown in 1980, meaning you were superior even to the professional artists back then directly involved in Star Wars. I am sure those who agree with you will pretend that is not an absurd boast, but I am calling that out as a ridiculous lie.

And all of that is what in fact leads me to deem you "immature" (that is not "name-calling" it is a sincerely meant personal judgment as to your character).

all this hostility over was the coat brown or blue? LOL. Lets at least fight about something more relevant like who shot first? Im sure one of you knuckleheads thinks it was Greedo! cmon lighten up. its a GD jacket. you should be pissed it costs $200. thats an argument.

I get that there is apparently a brown museum coat making the rounds. But I just watched the Harmy ESB and that coat he wears is blue, blue, blue. :lol

It's not a "tint" thing either, unless it is a unique shade of brown that appears blue under light like Zartan or something. Han's hair onscreen? Brown. Chewie? Brown. His gun belt over his blue coat? Brown. If his coat is really "brown" then why doesn't his hair or Chewie or ANY other brown also trick people into thinking they are blue?

Why does *every* other brown color actually look brown in ESB *except* Han's coat? Because that's what the "brown camp" would have you believe.

Of course the Tippett miniature is relevant, because it's blue! Which begs the question, WHY is it blue? Because Pippett just made a mistake, a mistake that the majority of people who watch ESB also make? Based on what evidence can we say he made a mistake? The fact that some people think Han was running around in some one of a kind Zartan coat? If the coat looks blue when a ton of other stuff onscreen looks brown, then IT ISN'T BROWN. :lol

In Kenner we Trust. In Tippett we Trust. In our Eyes we Trust. In Common Sense we Trust. In Zartan we Don't Trust, Because His Superpowers Don't Really Exist.

I'm in the blue camp, and I've got to say, this post is well thought-out, clear and concise. I don't want to egg anyone on, but that's pretty hard logic to disagree with.

Brown museum coat or not.

Thanks, Khev.

Ordered the blue and will pick up the brown later loose. I may want the bespin han now to use the new headsculpt with it.

The price on this figure has as much to do with inflation as it does the rise in quality. I don't even want to think about what kind of quality we could expect from a $65 1:6 figure today.

And Khev? :rock

You too Star Puffs. :wink1:

Ordered the blue, brown may be what he wore, and maybe actor accurate, but my brain and my memories scream blue. Looking at this on display over the next few years, thats what i'm going to want to see. Not really shocked at the price, but it's why i skipped luke. I do think it would have been much cooler to give us both coats and maybe lukes saber as the ex though.

Ordered the brown coat, its the one I like better and too me it always looked a dark grayish brown:nana:

I ordered both, and expect that I will probably cancel one. But then again, there are two headsculpts....... Or I could update an old Bespin Han with an extra head....

Last edited:
I feel like a parent who was just asked which kid they love more. So keeping with this scenario I just got them both. #SSCownsMe :slap

Did anyone else notice that the blue looked more subdued in this picture?

21342-product-silo.png

The photo on the website and above could be in a different lighting. I will see as it gets closer to release what newer photos come out.:lecture

You could have met my photo analysis with some of your own.

See what I mean about shutting your ears and your eyes? You'll have to go back in the thread and find for yourself specific examples I cited, including how to white balance those images you posted.

Also, what does remembering distinctly that I saw a brown coat on screen in theaters have to do with superiority to artists who worked on the film? I'm not following your logic here. Maybe you're too young to remember, but there has *always* been a blue/brown controversy with this coat and the Kenner figure. This did not start with the Sideshow figure, it did not start with the DVD release and it did not start with the Hasbro re-releases. This was present right from the outset. You can rewrite history in your own mind I suppose, but them's the facts.

If you don't know about the other thousands of problems in production and continuity in the movies, then we're done I suppose. You can keep ignoring facts, including documentation provided by the people who worked on this stuff in the first place.

This has already gotten beyond ridiculous because now instead of talking opinion or just pointing out facts, I'm finding I have to defend myself against personal attacks. Yeah, not cool.

Last edited:
I was kinda wanting to see him with coat off and see what's under the blue or brown coat? for alternate options, now if we can just get our wookie situation. I'm happy with my kotobukyia chewie but chewie has been awol or missing waaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooo long...........

Ordered the blue. For $200 I would have liked the quality to have been a bit tighter though. The sculpt is soft and not exactly Ford to me and some boots like HT used on their Luke would have been nice.

All this talk about the Han debate. The Hoth Luke and Tauntaun orders are up and I've hadn't seen any feedback lately :lol

All this talk about the Han debate. The Hoth Luke and Tauntaun orders are up and I've hadn't seen any feedback lately :lol

This stuff doesn't ship until October and November next year, I'm sure there's going to be plenty of chatter between now and then, even if it comes in waves. ;) I don't plan on ordering until these guys are shipping.

Back