Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith PF?

Very cool - bring 'em on! LOTR villians make for the best PF's. Witchking is my most wanted on that list. I'd like to see Gothmog make the cut too, but I doubt we'll ever see that one.

I think this PF may have to be sculpted because if they do it in cloth then what type of statue will they put underneath to hold the cloth up since technically there is nothing under the rope of a Nazgul.

Well, they were wearing armour beneath the robes, so its not going to be a challenge to support anything other than the actual hood.

NO! Cannot be sculpted! Absolutely NOT!

It would just be a standard male body with sculpted armored hands and feet with a robe over it. Definitely an excellent candidate for the PF treatment. Finding the right material and determining how to hold up the hood are the only real challenges. It's not like it's Chewbacca or anything.

how many times have you sent them that question. just out of interest :lol

awesome news :whip:chew

i hope they use real cloth though, id feel kinda cheated if they went for sculpted.

well everytime i called Customer service i would throw it in at the end of the conversation,"do you know when we're getting a ringwraith pf?" when reviewing pieces that i own, when we got sneek peeks on any sideshow goodness, and pretty much anytime a had a chance.

malice :stick sideshow​

tipical malice post on sideshow's website

malice from needing my ringwraith PF!

malice's very first diorama(fellbeast vs eagle dio)

Have you ever ran into a piece that when you see it for the first time, you freaking know you have to have it? well this was it for me.(but lately it happens more and more with so much sideshow LOTR goodness that has come out.)i P-O on the spot! you know why i'm here. just give it to us.

:naughty:naughty:naughty

I'd say they'll use a few layers of cloth for the cloak and a wire support like on the Galadriel Hood to shape the hollow head. Will be impressive! Saruman WILL be made no question!! :D

A good point. Another thing to consider is that the cloth is WAY more complicated than it looks, there are multiple layers of cloth making the robes look the way they do.

But I've never known Sideshow to skimp on the clothing and tailoring; this should out and out rock!

And that brings up the price. This isn't going to be cheap just because its mostly cloth, quite the opposite.
I may not be able to afford every piece at the moment but I'm very excited!

There is NO WAY this should be in the $300 league! I know it's a long awaited piece an all, and demand is high. But it's a few layers of plain, black robes that won't have any fancy embroidery on it like GTW or Galdriels, just lots of Orc and Fellbeast ****. And as for the head and face! :confused:

It's overdue yes, but should be one of the cheaper PF's in the range (other than Gollum). :D

There is NO WAY this should be in the $300 league! I know it's a long awaited piece an all, and demand is high. But it's a few layers of plain, black robes that won't have any fancy embroidery on it like GTW or Galdriels, just lots of Orc and Fellbeast ****. And as for the head and face! :confused:

It's overdue yes, but should be one of the cheaper PF's in the range (other than Gollum). :D

Completely disagree, and you'll see, once its done it will be in the 300+ range.

How will they handle the head area of the Ringwraith? Its much easier to handle in a fully sculpted piece but this is bound to be cloth.

NO! Cannot be sculpted! Absolutely NOT!

It would just be a standard male body with sculpted armored hands and feet with a robe over it. Definitely an excellent candidate for the PF treatment. Finding the right material and determining how to hold up the hood are the only real challenges. It's not like it's Chewbacca or anything.

No doubt it can be done, but my concern is that the prototype would look awesome, but the production ones maybe not so much if the same care isn't paid to the fabric and weathering effect.

I hate to burst your bubble Dave but every single PF since Frodo has been in the $300 range....and this one won't be any different. The R&D and material costs are irrelevant, SS knows this one will be an instant sellout and will charge us accordingly.

Yet again Woodsy you beat me to it :rotfl I agree this one has been on everyone's waitlist for ages!! It's a no brainer for SS and they know it!! And we want it!!! $300 is not bad if this baby turns out!! :lol

Yet again Woodsy you beat me to it :rotfl I agree this one has been on everyone's waitlist for ages!! It's a no brainer for SS and they know it!! And we want it!!! $300 is not bad if this baby turns out!! :lol

Great minds think alike Wrath.....:lol I'm really curious as to how SS is going to pull this one off though. I guess we'll just have to wait 'til Spooktacular or B&W Friday to find out.

Hell yeah!

Although im worried how they'll pull it off,the material they use is crucial,if it doesnt "sit" right and crease in the right way it could look bad imo

But i have faith.........kinda

Hell yeah!

Although im worried how they'll pull it off,the material they use is crucial,if it doesnt "sit" right and crease in the right way it could look bad imo

But i have faith.........kinda

:lol Yeah, I've been wondering about this myself but I'm sure SS has figured out how to pull it off. I suspect this is one PF that they've been working on for quite some time now and I doubt they'll release it looking anything less than spectacular...that would be a real PR nightmare for them.

I have no doubt SS have been mulling this over for ages to get it right. And i'm sure they will. But I do wonder how they'll do it. Will certainly be interesting :lol

hopefully they do get to the Witckking, complete with flaming sword - but for now, I am psyched for the Ringwraith PF - maybe a preview at comic-con?!

Back