Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought this figure yesterday on Ebay.

Pictures looked like there was no fading on the figure except for a small part of the back of the neck but I will know for certain when it arrives next week.

I was planning to wait for the diecast piece to be available however this one was at too good of a price (less than half what the new diecast MK VI will cost) to pass on for a figure that I want in my collection.

Just bought this figure yesterday on Ebay.

Pictures looked like there was no fading on the figure except for a small part of the back of the neck but I will know for certain when it arrives next week.

I was planning to wait for the diecast piece to be available however this one was at too good of a price (less than half what the new diecast MK VI will cost) to pass on for a figure that I want in my collection.

Even if it is faded, you can repaint it fairly easily.

Even if it is faded, you can repaint it fairly easily.

That's what I am planning to do if it needs it.

Already have an airbrush/compressor and bought the Tamiya Red as I had planned to experiment on some of the accessories that came with the 12" Iron Man Legends toys to make them a bit more metallic for background fillers in a workshop display.

Whether it comes with a bit of fading or not though, I figured that for $170 I really couldn't go wrong either way at that price.

That's what I am planning to do if it needs it.

Already have an airbrush/compressor and bought the Tamiya Red as I had planned to experiment on some of the accessories that came with the 12" Iron Man Legends toys to make them a bit more metallic for background fillers in a workshop display.

Whether it comes with a bit of fading or not though, I figured that for $170 I really couldn't go wrong either way at that price.

Ive never tried the Tamiya red but I have used the other stuff. See my post above.

Ive never tried the Tamiya red but I have used the other stuff. See my post above.

I'll put an order in for the Gaia Red as well then. I can test them both out before deciding which to use (if I have to at all).

Here's another question along those lines though.

If the fading is caused by UV exposure then could it be prevented altogether by applying a preventative application of a clear coat with UV resistant properties to the piece before it starts to fade?

That could be good, but I think a lot of people feel it's got more to do with the soft plastic.

I'll put an order in for the Gaia Red as well then. I can test them both out before deciding which to use (if I have to at all).

Here's another question along those lines though.

If the fading is caused by UV exposure then could it be prevented altogether by applying a preventative application of a clear coat with UV resistant properties to the piece before it starts to fade?

It's only ever affected the PVC parts. Could be a problem with that. The plastic parts are usually fine.

It's only ever affected the PVC parts. Could be a problem with that. The plastic parts are usually fine.

So... the issue could be because of an interaction between the PVC plastic and the paint, the paint and UV light or a combination of all three mixed together.

Hi guys, I am on the fence of selling this figure to buy the diecast version mk 6..

Will the panties fade again after the repaint?

I prefer the look of the battle-damaged parts on this version over the diecast version but the paint fading issue is really a pain..

Hi guys, I am on the fence of selling this figure to buy the diecast version mk 6..

Will the panties fade again after the repaint?

I prefer the look of the battle-damaged parts on this version over the diecast version but the paint fading issue is really a pain..

Unfortunately, I think it did return for some people.

So a quick question for anyone that owns this and the MMS191 Tony Stark Workshop. I picked up the Tony Stark helmet head form the MKVI to use for my MKVII on ebay for a great price, and it goes on perfect and looks great as it is the same helmet design. But it didn't include the Face Mask. I know the loose face mask that comes with this has no magnets, but is it the same as the clean faceplate from the MKVI?? I just want to have it resting on the top of his helmet. I figure I can rig it with a magnet or some blue tack. There's a seller on ebay for just the loose face plate for cheap...

Thanks to anyone that can answer this for me.

Thanks for the reply, but are you sure they are different? Someone also answered me in the MMS191 thread who said they had both on display and tried it for me and they said they were pretty much identical. It lined up the same just no magnets to hold it in place (witch I knew) and that the paint apps were actually better on the workshop mask than the the original MKVI mask.... So I went ahead and ordered it for $6...

In the pictures they also look near identical, so now I'm a bit confused with 2 totally different answers. Well, $6 won't kill me, and I'm really just sticking it on top of his head anyway. The MKVII mask has different placement for magnets on the top, 2 left and right as opposed to a single centered magnet top and bottom on the MKVI. So it doesn't sit on head right nor fit over the face since it has a plastic tab to lock in the bottom of the helmet rather than a magnet...

Okay. I may have answered too quickly. Just to be clear, spell it out in short form. You have:
Mk VI helmet with no mask
Mk VII mask (no magnets) from MMS191 Armor Testing Version (bought, on it's way)
You want to know if it fits properly, correct?
I just want to be sure I have it right because I have the Mk VI, the Mk VII, extra Mk VII masks from MMS191 and Mk VII heads with corrected masks from the Workshop Accessories set. If I remember right, the Mk VI helmet and masks were a little more pinched looking and the MMS191 loose mask for the Mk VII doesn't fit the Mk VII either. If I have your question right, I can check tonight when I get home and send you answer. Your goal is an open face Tony in helmet, right?
Ryan

Okay. I may have answered too quickly. Just to be clear, spell it out in short form. You have:
Mk VI helmet with no mask
Mk VII mask (no magnets) from MMS191 Armor Testing Version (bought, on it's way)
You want to know if it fits properly, correct?
I just want to be sure I have it right because I have the Mk VI, the Mk VII, extra Mk VII masks from MMS191 and Mk VII heads with corrected masks from the Workshop Accessories set. If I remember right, the Mk VI helmet and masks were a little more pinched looking and the MMS191 loose mask for the Mk VII doesn't fit the Mk VII either. If I have your question right, I can check tonight when I get home and send you answer. Your goal is an open face Tony in helmet, right?
Ryan

Yes, that'd be correct. I have the MK7 and I also got the accessory set head with the better smaller eyes. I wanted an open face Tony in helmet like you said. I've seen others post pictures before of putting the open face Tony MK6 head on the MK7, so I knew it worked. The problem is the one I bought off ebay did'nt come with either clean or BD mask that came with the MK6. And I'm just looking to sit it mainly on top of his head as it looks odd without a mask on top, but It would be nice if the MMS 191 mask would actually work if I put some small magnets in it....

Thanks.. Sorry for late reply, I just got back from seeing GOTG vol.2

Okay, just checked everything out. The 7 mask is a close fit, but not quite. The angles are slightly different so closed is not a perfect fit. But if you're going for an open look, it should work just fine.
Ryan

Yes, that'd be correct. I have the MK7 and I also got the accessory set head with the better smaller eyes. I wanted an open face Tony in helmet like you said. I've seen others post pictures before of putting the open face Tony MK6 head on the MK7, so I knew it worked. The problem is the one I bought off ebay did'nt come with either clean or BD mask that came with the MK6. And I'm just looking to sit it mainly on top of his head as it looks odd without a mask on top, but It would be nice if the MMS 191 mask would actually work if I put some small magnets in it....

Thanks.. Sorry for late reply, I just got back from seeing GOTG vol.2

You won't need magnets. Just some blu tack or similar, placed where the magnets would be.
I know you have bought it now, but another option is to buy one of those workshop helmets(Or indeed a helmet for *any* armour), and just chop up a suitable tony head and put it into the helmet. You just need a little bit of skill with a dremel. I have done customs like that using the light up helmets from marks that don't come with a Tony helmeted headsculpt.

You won't need magnets. Just some blu tack or similar, placed where the magnets would be.
I know you have bought it now, but another option is to buy one of those workshop helmets(Or indeed a helmet for *any* armour), and just chop up a suitable tony head and put it into the helmet. You just need a little bit of skill with a dremel. I have done customs like that using the light up helmets from marks that don't come with a Tony helmeted headsculpt.

Thanks for the advice... I did consider that at one point as there are loose Tony faces on ebay meant to go inside a helmet, that I think are from the MK33 Silver Centurion, for cheap. But wasn't sure if I had the skills, and it's a battle damaged face, so I just patiently waited till I found a MK6 head. $22 was a great price I won it for, and with $6 for the mask still cheaper than going the route of trying to make my own version.

I know Toyz Studio did a nice custom for the MK7 that had a Tony head in helmet and even lighted when closed, but they were very expensive and were long gone by the time I decided I wanted to do it. I do also have the BD MK7 that came with the Tony head too, but I wanted a clean face sculpt and helmet to go with the clean MK7.

Back