1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 Iron Man Mark 42 still worth buying in end of 2018? I have Mark 43, Mark 45 and 47. I am unsure whether should I get a another Mark 42.
Any opinion? Should I keep the money and plan for upcoming Iron Man which could be more impressive?

1/6 Iron Man Mark 42 still worth buying in end of 2018? I have Mark 43, Mark 45 and 47. I am unsure whether should I get a another Mark 42.
Any opinion? Should I keep the money and plan for upcoming Iron Man which could be more impressive?

How much do you like Iron Man 3 or the predominantly gold color scheme? He looks great on a shelf for sure,

Wait for infinity war 2 trailer. That's what I would do.

I am a new Hot Toys collector (started in May this year) and I have mostly Iron Men - DC5, DC6, 45, 46, Igor, Silver Centurion, Starboost and Retro Sneaky. I was originally very keen to get the 42 but eventually decided against it after I realised the quality of the figures were not all up to the DC Mark 6, which was my first.

The thing that annoys me especially is the visible screw on the back. I can't believe it's on so many of the original figures. I decided against collecting any of the figures like this so haven't bought the 42.

Reposed and add the damages panels on. A great figure still imo
cdccd6a0c3cb507565763065830779ed.jpg
319ebe4d89f0269372d1ccc5fbcfa8d6.jpg

I'm currently considering either picking up the reissued 43 from Sideshow, or buying a 42 new from eBay, and I'm struggling to pick which one to get. The 42 has battle damage pieces, which I like. I also like its inverted colors, with the gold dominating. I already have the Mark 4, so I have an Iron Man in classic colors already, so getting another Iron Man with a more unique color scheme is appealing to me. The 43 is in play if only because I can buy it new from Sideshow for under $400 with Flex pay, cheaper than a new 42 off eBay from what I can see, and me having another Iron Man in classic colors isn't that much of an issue.

I'm currently considering either picking up the reissued 43 from Sideshow, or buying a 42 new from eBay, and I'm struggling to pick which one to get. The 42 has battle damage pieces, which I like. I also like its inverted colors, with the gold dominating. I already have the Mark 4, so I have an Iron Man in classic colors already, so getting another Iron Man with a more unique color scheme is appealing to me. The 43 is in play if only because I can buy it new from Sideshow for under $400 with Flex pay, cheaper than a new 42 off eBay from what I can see, and me having another Iron Man in classic colors isn't that much of an issue.

I currently own the 43 and have owned the 42. They're solid figures but a tad underscaled compared to the newest Diecast figures, and the shoulder gap while workable is still often noticeable. I love the 43, but it shows its age a bit in terms of engineering and size when next to its successors.

It's not full inverted colors, but if you want more gold, I would strongly recommend getting the Mk 46 10th Anniversary figure while you still can, or waiting for the Endgame Mk 85. The 46 family (46/47/46 10th) is bulkier, has a lot more presence, and is better engineered.

You can’t go wrong with either. I do like the battle damage parts on the 42. I found the suits after the 46 to be too slim. The 42 and 43 have some decent bulk to it

I don't own either, but until the Mark 3 was re-released, I was set on getting the 42 for the IM figure in my collection. I always loved the gold-dominant design of the 42, especially with the battle damage pieces; in fact, I think the suit design looks better predominantly gold rather than predominantly red. The best part of the 43 release for me was the accessories it came with (Ultron Mark I, exclusive red LED helmet).

Hot Toys and Comicave have different versions of the arm missiles, does anyone know which is more screen accurate?

hottoys.JPG
comicave.jpg

Hot Toys and Comicave have different versions of the arm missiles, does anyone know which is more screen accurate?

View attachment 449804
View attachment 449805

Mark 42 has the top split version, Mark 43 has the other one

m6jkkWU.png

27kxkl4.png

On the topic of these diecasts, they lack the detail and proportions of the later DC releases, the 1/4 scales really make them look like toys. 42/43 are my favorite suits but I got rid of the 1/6 43 and would have sold the 42 if the price didn't crater so much. Kept it only to use the Pepper Potts sculpt.

QS' all the way

Ec7mtNx.jpg

Mark 42 has the top split version, Mark 43 has the other one

Thanks. I checked out some videos of the 1/4 Mark 43, looks like that includes both versions of the missiles, and the figure does look amazing with the various opening panels and LEDs.

Interesting to see from the screen grab that Iron Man's eyes are not one solid light but multiple small lights.

Thanks. I checked out some videos of the 1/4 Mark 43, looks like that includes both versions of the missiles, and the figure does look amazing with the various opening panels and LEDs.

That was a late change, the original PO just had the split type (it was shown before the movie even came out so it was based entirely on the Mark 42). They added the movie accurate version before release and just left the old version in as well, which was cool of them

jYDmeGQ.jpg

I’ve had this boxed up for awhile with plans to sell it and just keep the 43 and 46, but this is my favorite IM armor out of the solo IM films, so I’m going to unbox it and just keep it. I’ll just stick with this and the aforementioned armors as my IM representation. The varying scales don’t really matter to me, as I have all of them displayed in separate locations: 43 is with the AoU Avengers, 46 with CW Cap, and this will just be with miscellaneous MCU.

Are there any toy differences between these two versions? Or just the box art is different?

The exclusive MMS340 version does't have the battle damaged parts. Looks like the arm missile is also undamaged.

mms340.jpeg

I’m sure it had the same hip movements as the mk43? Four moving parts in that area as opposed to two on the original 42.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back