My PF Lurtz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, and look at his other sideshow auctions, he had 2 other LOTR PFs and both of those showed the EX pieces, but he conveniently left the EX pic off my listing. I guess the 25 or 30 dollars is worth a negative feedback to him.

Well except for that it sucks haha. Ebay shouldn't let sellers be *******s and stuff like that happens all the time.

Well except for that it sucks haha. Ebay shouldn't let sellers be *******s and stuff like that happens all the time.

Yea, I can understand when it is he buyers fault for not reading the description or something like that, but he clearly tried to scam me. I will contact eBay and see if they will force him to give me a label or sometimes they provide them also.

i wish i didnt sell my ex...i got $1800 for it but still the best LOTR statue made by SS by far

I find $1800 hard to believe but if so congrats! I'll sell you mine for $1500 if you feel sad about it.
:wave

Not such a good deal after all, he arrived today and is just the regular version. 2nd time this has happened to me just this month, got a regular instead of the advertised EX. Very upsetting.
That's messed up Stingray. I would call ebay and do everything I could to make him pay my expenses. I sell stuff and have been scammed buy the buyer a few times. The burden is really on the seller. The guy clearly miss represented his item I don’t see how he can say he didn’t.

I got eBay involved and they covered the return shipping so happy about that, hopefully they make the guy repay them, but I doubt it. I was hoping to put that cash back into the wallet, but I just found a deal on a Weta Barad-Dur so I picked that up and am very excited to get it. With that and the Sauron PF with matching JV canvas showing Barad-Dur in the background, I think that trio will look great together.

Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong section or if I should make my own thread, just got this one recently and I can’t find any official thread for this PF.

Anyway, the statue is in mint condition and got it for a fairly good price and was wondering if any of you longtime owners of this piece has had any leather deterioration? It seems like mine at some areas(mostly the shoulders) is very stiff and feels/looks prone to breakage.

This is my first Pf and, as I know it’s been around for a good amount of years, would like to take the best care as possible for it.

To protect it from further damage, is there anything one could do to revive or at least help the leather to last longer?

Regards if any of you take your time answering!

make sure there is a decent amount of humidity in your display area or the leather can dry out. If it's already damaged you can try a conditioner to try and get it soft again.

Back