The strangers 1/6 scale figures progress thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sibarry78

Freaked Out
Reaction score
so
the whole valak thing kinda fell on its face
which means im going to be working on my back up plan and have a go at creating the three masked characters in the strangers
im getting legio7 to make the head sculpts/masks but before i give the green light on the sackhead head sculpt i was wondering would it work and look better if i used a mask made of sackcloth instead? if so do you guys know of anyone who could do this?

im also looking into artists who can make clothing for them but if any of you guys have a favorite artist you recommend i speak to id totally appreciate the input

thanks

p.s im a total newb so is this the right place to put this post?:pray:

I’m at the beginning of my first custom job and I’m terrified lol
I asked around if anyone was willing to do a commission of the 3 main characters in the strangers but no one was willing to take the job on so the only option I have left is to build them myself
I’m a total newb and have only been collecting for a year but these guys are on my wish list so I’m gonna give it a go
I have legio7 making the masks of the girls and the headsculpt of the guy
I’m wondering if it may be more realistic to go with making the sack mask and using that instead
Thoughts?

I’m on the look out for a good tailor to help me with the clothing

Any input you guys have or suggestions of artists I should think about using would be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys

Hi there. Welcome to SSF! My suggestion for you is to go to the categories on here, open the Art Forums section and post this in the Custom Creations thread. Hopefully you’ll get better results there instead of on here.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there. Welcome to SSF! My suggestion for you is to go to the categories on here, open the Art Forums section and post this in the Custom Creations thread. Hopefully you’ll get better results there instead of on here.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks amstel
i appreciate the advice
did that last friday and so far no comments
guess im gonna have to figure all this out myself lol

so far ive got legio7 on board to do the dollface and pin up girl masks
im close to getting zsaszsays to work on the man in the mask
and im trying to put together the figures and heads

my only sticking point right now is finding someone to work on the girls clothing

this project has gone alot smoother than the devils rejects project (touch wood)
man i just couldnt find anyone slightly interested in that which really surprises me

hi sibarry78

the sack mask is terrifiyng in its simplicity
i would try to make it in weathered cloth over an standard sculpt-use thin cotton cloth for try outs and use it as a pattern for the "real" one-try and error until it looks like you want it.
the other masks are more difficult to make, especially in 1/6

good luck! oh, and post pictures along the way :)

hi sibarry78

the sack mask is terrifiyng in its simplicity
i would try to make it in weathered cloth over an standard sculpt-use thin cotton cloth for try outs and use it as a pattern for the "real" one-try and error until it looks like you want it.
the other masks are more difficult to make, especially in 1/6

good luck! oh, and post pictures along the way :)

thanks man
will do

hey guys wanted to start a little thread so you guys can see how my project is going and hopefully i get a good "ULTIMATE GRAIL" set made

first a little background on this project
this project started 2 years ago when i wanted to put together a set of figures of one of my favorite horror movies of recent time
it didnt start well as most of the sculptors and artists id heard about just were not interested in taking it on
however on the second time of asking legio7 decided to say yes and made two beautiful masks and also made a pretty awesome man in the mask headsculpt
48040093698_fb6a47b8c4_z.jpg

48040158817_9b08c80d47_z.jpg

48040158852_369bb6f8ef_z.jpg

around this time i had been diagnosed as having a brain tumour so this project became a positive focus for me
i had been asking around about clothing and was trying to avoid paying a ton of money as i had to keep some saved in case things changed with my tumour
it was at this point i was shown the amazing strangers diorama built by zsaszsays ltd and the figure he had built
i got in touch with him and we began talking
he seemed like a genuine guy and we got to know each other because we both had **** going on
i decided to use some of my saved money on commisioning him to build some stuff and make clothing
knowing he was going to handle all that took alot of stress off me
but then his updates stopped and he stopped messaging me
there wasnt much i could do because i was due to have surgery to remove the tumour
after i took a break and dealt with my recovery all communication from him ceased he removed me from his personal facebook and stopped even reading my messages
i almost decided to just quit
but after what id just gone through felt quitting over some clothing was the dumbest thing i could do lol

so contacted geewhiz clothing and they handled some of the work
worked on the tie myself and other bits and pieces
and met an awesome lady called pam who made the clothing for my pin up girl and did an amazing job
almost finished the man in the mask and am close to putting the girls together

to say this has been a journey is an understatement

ive met some amazing people through this hobby but also seen the ugly side of it such as peoples egos getting too big and other people just flat out running off with my money

ill try and update this thread as much as i can

thanks for tagging along

geewhiz also made the suit for man in the mask
they got the colour exactly how i wanted it
normally this material is used for jedi cloaks and stuff so its pretty thick so im going to have to work on it the get some flex and hang right
48040300582_62abdca982_z.jpg

48040236448_be54789613_z.jpg

geewhiz clothing was just too expensive to keep using and they wanted me to literally separate the black dots from the orange and make two different files
so i had to find an alternative
thats when i met Pam from pamSD custom clothing she normally works on dolls and make elaborate dresses and fancy clothing for collectible dolls
but fancied the challenge of doing something different and she nailed it
i wish id met her sooner as i would have got her to make the dollface clothing and the man in the mask suit
48040161921_27d07d580d_z.jpg

48040263962_affb640cce_z.jpg

48040161856_96aa0f4237_z.jpg

her work is second to none
and despite some setbacks and her being sick she came through for me big time
i used a scarlet witch hot toys body for this and she made it to fit

Amazing stuff, I hope your prognosis is improving! That really sucks with that guy taking your money, some people are just pieces of ****.

Amazing stuff, I hope your prognosis is improving! That really sucks with that guy taking your money, some people are just pieces of ****.

appreciate that buddy
6 months ago i turned the corner so im feeling great
ya as with most hobbies you are gonna get ****** people thankfully this hobby is pretty good at finding them and calling them out

thanks guys
so i looked everywhere for a tie similar to the one worn in the movie and couldnt find any material that would do it justice
so decided to try and create the actual pattern
i took a piece of the tie from a photo from the movie and stitched the small segment together over and over in photoshop until i had essentially a "to scale" sheet of the pattern
48040218798_f208e18df3_z.jpg

then printed it on a photocopier using special inkjet material sheets
then shaped it into the tie and added a piece of elastic which would hide under the shirt collar
48040278492_855d948616_z.jpg

it turned out pretty good

got the knife and shotgun off ebay for around 20 bucks which was a steal because people are selling the terminator shotgun which is similar for 50 bucks
the axe was from zhukovs attic and cost 2 bucks

i will eventually replace them im sure especially the axe and knife but for now they do the job
48087333591_bd08b7e8b9_z.jpg

now that "man in the mask" has the axe in his hands it really is beginning to look legit
which is a point i never thought id reach with these guys lol
48087335976_c9b9f7996b_z.jpg

i still need to weather the suit and mask and i also need to do some work on the boots but its coming together nicely
i might have to rewatch the movie soon but cant remember if his hands were dirty? and the axe needs some weathering

hey guys wanted to start a little thread so you guys can see how my project is going and hopefully i get a good "ULTIMATE GRAIL" set made

first a little background on this project
this project started 2 years ago when i wanted to put together a set of figures of one of my favorite horror movies of recent time
it didnt start well as most of the sculptors and artists id heard about just were not interested in taking it on
however on the second time of asking legio7 decided to say yes and made two beautiful masks and also made a pretty awesome man in the mask headsculpt
48040093698_fb6a47b8c4_z.jpg

48040158817_9b08c80d47_z.jpg

48040158852_369bb6f8ef_z.jpg

around this time i had been diagnosed as having a brain tumour so this project became a positive focus for me
i had been asking around about clothing and was trying to avoid paying a ton of money as i had to keep some saved in case things changed with my tumour
it was at this point i was shown the amazing strangers diorama built by zsaszsays ltd and the figure he had built
i got in touch with him and we began talking
he seemed like a genuine guy and we got to know each other because we both had **** going on
i decided to use some of my saved money on commisioning him to build some stuff and make clothing
knowing he was going to handle all that took alot of stress off me
but then his updates stopped and he stopped messaging me
there wasnt much i could do because i was due to have surgery to remove the tumour
after i took a break and dealt with my recovery all communication from him ceased he removed me from his personal facebook and stopped even reading my messages
i almost decided to just quit
but after what id just gone through felt quitting over some clothing was the dumbest thing i could do lol

so contacted geewhiz clothing and they handled some of the work
worked on the tie myself and other bits and pieces
and met an awesome lady called pam who made the clothing for my pin up girl and did an amazing job
almost finished the man in the mask and am close to putting the girls together

to say this has been a journey is an understatement

ive met some amazing people through this hobby but also seen the ugly side of it such as peoples egos getting too big and other people just flat out running off with my money

ill try and update this thread as much as i can

thanks for tagging along

Back