12" Captain Action Marvel Costumes this Fall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own and have never seen a Captain Action figure or outfit.

I am considering getting the Marvel outfit and was wondering if anyone could tell me how they compare to Hot Toys clothes? Will they fit Hot Toys bodies?

Couldn't really say as this is an all new CA sculpt and body. But the costumes are made from a stretch material so should work.

Found it at TRU and picked it up for $30. I want the Captain America set to go with it.
7c89ad44.jpg

After checking out some reviews of the marvel set I don't know if I want them now. But the costumes looks good for bashers.

After checking out some reviews of the marvel set I don't know if I want them now. But the costumes looks good for bashers.

After seeing them at a TRU, I chaged my mind about wanting them. They are neat, but very MEGO like. And if thats what you want, then they look great. But in my opinion, they are a far cry from the usual outfits HT, EB and others like them put out.

I didn't grow up with Captain Action but I love retro toys. Just like the original GI Joe 12" figure w/the Kung fu grip (fuzzy head) was released at Hot Topics I had to get it.

What reviews? I haven't seen much negative stuff and they are the #1 collector seller @ TRU.
After seeing them at a TRU, I chaged my mind about wanting them. They are neat, but very MEGO like. And if thats what you want, then they look great. But in my opinion, they are a far cry from the usual outfits HT, EB and others like them put out.

Thats the point to some degree though. These are affordable [ I don't see the Megolike though] unlike anything from HT, EB and other overpriced/more expensive figures like those.

What reviews? I haven't seen much negative stuff and they are the #1 collector seller @ TRU.

Thats the point to some degree though. These are affordable [ I don't see the Megolike though] unlike anything from HT, EB and other overpriced/more expensive figures like those.

My comparison was based on the fact that someone on the boards here told me there were comparable to HT quality. And they aren't. I like them and think the concept is really cool. I just don't want to start ANOTHER collection of something.

These are no way near HT Quality,but if you like old school retro,goofy looking Marvel characters,they are worth picking up

I like Cap the best and looking forward to Thor in August

Found them at TRU on Sunday. I didn't pic up Captain Action but I did grab the Spidey and Cap outfits for bashing. I'm a huge fan of the original Captain Action and I'm glad that he's back. Thor and Loki look like they are also going to be nice. I'm sold.

Never said anything about negative reviews but just my opinion about them after seeing pictures. But my mind may change after seeing them in person.

Never said anything about negative reviews but just my opinion about them after seeing pictures. But my mind may change after seeing them in person.

Ok, I must've misread what you wrote.

picked up the Captain America outfit. I passed on Captain Action and Spiderman outfit. I liked the Captain Action but I can do without. I'll just put the outfit on my extra HT Narrow shoulders True Type. I have the headsculpt that came with the slim TT body. Maybe i'll do a mask less cap with that head. These are pretty neat. very nostalgic.

picked up the Captain America outfit. I passed on Captain Action and Spiderman outfit. I liked the Captain Action but I can do without. I'll just put the outfit on my extra HT Narrow shoulders True Type. I have the headsculpt that came with the slim TT body. Maybe i'll do a mask less cap with that head. These are pretty neat. very nostalgic.

Post picture after you put it together, interested on how it would look.

Post picture after you put it together, interested on how it would look.

Yes. Please post some pictures. I am very curious.

I just picked up the basic captain action from TRU. I will say that its a great improvement over the 90s version, I like the new head sculpt better and the body aswell. The accessories are meh, but the included comic is actually pretty good, and gives a good back story to captain action. Glad I picked it up, but I really want to get the spiderman set but TRU did'nt have any of accessorie sets:(

I grabbed a Captain Action at TRU last week but now I guess I'll need to get what...seven more to complete the Marvel figure line?

No problem.

BB

Back