Prop Available? Toynami Batmobile?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/4 price, you can sit down your HT Batman....ok, it's not long enough, but...for me, HT Batmobile is "enough" accurate.

Hot-Toys-1989-Batmobile-03.jpg

It looks great, but it is still compacted. Look at how small those machine guns are compared to the size of Batman.

I have a feeling like maybe the reason HT has to compact the size and make it shorter is for shipping purposes.
Like maybe for cheaper shipping price or something. Because if the Batmobile is in true 1/6th scale it could be too long and the shipping price or whatever would be sky high. Unless they could somehow engineer the car to be detached in two pieces.

I have a feeling like maybe the reason HT has to compact the size and make it shorter is for shipping purposes.
Like maybe for cheaper shipping price or something. Because if the Batmobile is in true 1/6th scale it could be too long and the shipping price or whatever would be sky high. Unless they could somehow engineer the car to be detached in two pieces.

No, please :gah:

No, please :gah:

Why not? It is definitely possible to cleanly divide the 89 Batmobile into a front and back piece along a seam that already exists in the movie design. It's on the side of the car behind the disc doors, and continues across the hood (behind the gun flaps and in front of the hood vents) to the same spot on the other side. If HT cut it here, once assembled, the seam won't be a problem as long as it is tight.

So, the 1989 HT Batmobile has the batman returns gadgets also!?

My other question if the HT tumbler has the lights, would the HT 1989 batmobile have them like CM version?

But it doesn't matter either way it doesn't split into the bat-missile which I'm guessing is going to come out in the near future

It's even scary if they decide to do the Batman Forever license.

Hahaha if HT decide to do Batman Forever, that would be the only time I ask for a bit of inaccuracy - not to include the nipples on the suit.

Hahaha if HT decide to do Batman Forever, that would be the only time I ask for a bit of inaccuracy - not to include the nipples on the suit.

Exactly. LOL!
First time I saw the movie and noticed it, I was like...."WTF???!!", "Is that necessary??!!" :rotfl

It looks great, but it is still compacted. Look at how small those machine guns are compared to the size of Batman.

euhm, how do we do that exactly?

there is no picture where both are on it, and even the seperate pics are not in the same scale...

so like you said, lets just wait before making judgment

euhm, how do we do that exactly?

there is no picture where both are on it, and even the seperate pics are not in the same scale...

so like you said, lets just wait before making judgment

Look at how big he is compared to the headrests of the seats, and then look at how big the headrests are compared to the guns.

Look at how big he is compared to the headrests of the seats, and then look at how big the headrests are compared to the guns.

Hmm, true, I guess, but I hope not in real life...

Fact is, we still have yet to see both item next to each other (or the figure inside the car for that matter) in high quality full sized pictures.

But when that will be is not known yet it seems.

I have patience to wait for that moment....good things come to those who wait

too pricey for me. no matter how accurate it might be.

Don't worry it's not that accurate. It's said to be based on a mold of a model used in filming, but several details are all wrong.

1. The large and small taillights are spaced out too much from each other.

2. The canopy is oddly cone-shaped and pointy--admittedly, like the patent blueprint has them drawn, but the real car's canopy is more rounded off in front--like the 1:18 Hot Wheels version.

3. When you flip it over, there is absolutely no detail on the completely flat undercarraige (Sure, who looks at that anyway? But for that price, there should be something under there--even plastic model kits like 1:25 AMT model kit and the 1:35 Bandai version have plenty of detail down there).

4. While it is missing the above detail, it has extra "made-up" details that weren't in either film--like the backlit dashboard instrument cluster and bat symbols in the headrests.

5. The paint finish is too glossy and does not match the car's appearance from either film.

On the plus side, it is made of weightier material than the "toyish" plastic Hot Toys version will be made out of, and it has a pretty cool base. Also against the Hot Toys version, some who have seen the proto in person at shows say it is too short and the proportions are way off. It remains to be seen if the Hot Toys final version is better. There hasn't been any comments or complaints by owners of the Toynami about if it's proportions actually match 1/8 scale of the real car.

Don't worry it's not that accurate. It's said to be based on a mold of a model used in filming, but several details are all wrong.

1. The large and small taillights are spaced out too much from each other.

2. The canopy is oddly cone-shaped and pointy--admittedly, like the patent blueprint has them drawn, but the real car's canopy is more rounded off in front--like the 1:18 Hot Wheels version.

3. When you flip it over, there is absolutely no detail on the completely flat undercarraige (Sure, who looks at that anyway? But for that price, there should be something under there--even plastic model kits like 1:25 AMT model kit and the 1:35 Bandai version have plenty of detail down there).

4. While it is missing the above detail, it has extra "made-up" details that weren't in either film--like the backlit dashboard instrument cluster and bat symbols in the headrests.

5. The paint finish is too glossy and does not match the car's appearance from either film.

On the plus side, it is made of weightier material than the "toyish" plastic Hot Toys version will be made out of, and it has a pretty cool base. Also against the Hot Toys version, some who have seen the proto in person at shows say it is too short and the proportions are way off. It remains to be seen if the Hot Toys final version is better. There hasn't been any comments or complaints by owners of the Toynami about if it's proportions actually match 1/8 scale of the real car.

I agree on #2. I need to review before I address #1. On #3, a totally flat belly pan is a good thing on a car, because it smooths the aerodynamic flow down there, to reduce the drag on the car, to make it go faster. The Ferrari Testarossa is like that on the bottom all the way back to the engine compartment. Where the engine compartment starts, it's all open, to allow enough air in to keep the engine cool, and it makes maintenance easier. My Pocher Testarossa is built like that.

#4 I would think that the original car had light up instruments, but perhaps Toynami was too cheap for that, so they made light come from under the dash.

#5. Wrong color than the first film, and I don't doubt it is the wrong gloss than the 2nd. This is after all, a display piece, and a lot of people like a gloss black Batmobile. I still prefer the uniqueness of the pearl silver, but that's me.

Obviously they both are gonna be off. Hot Toys sculpted theirs. And the Toynami version is based off a miniature from the film.

I'm pretty sure the miniature was based off the prototype miniature before the actual Batmobiles were made for filming. Hence the cockpit hood being more pointed than rounded. If you're looking at it head on you really cant tell, until you see it from above.

Just my 2 cents.

Fresh new paint work.
Goodbye gloss black....
Just the way I like it.

I guess better pics come later when i get around to take better pics.
But for now, you can settle with a quick phone pic.

423997_507354516189_86800098_30105828_175853519_n.jpg

Back