Hot Toys 1/4 Avengers Announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that's why competition is a healthy thing :peace Cannot wait to see the 1:4 marvel line, OMG!! :panic::monkey1:panic:

Wait until HT first pre-order and the figure retail $450+.... Think 1/6th line is expensive. Wait until you get a load of 1/4 scale price :panic:

:rotfl

apart from exciting news. HT, please don't use limited edition words on your ad!

Getting rid of 1/6th, hmm, what a bold move..

Wait until HT first pre-order and the figure retail $450+.... Think 1/6th line is expensive. Wait until you get a load of 1/4 scale price :panic:

:rotfl

No kidding.

I'll just have to ignore this 1/4 scale announcement as I simply can't afford it. If their 1/6 scale figures are already getting to the $500 mark, what could we possibly expect to pay for a 1/4 scale figure?

Space issue will probably prevent me from buying but that's a great news for 1/4 scale collectors :hi5:

As expected... 1/4... HT wants to kill off EB....

They're not giving any chance to EB :lol

I don't get how this could be an attempt to "kill" Enterbay. :dunno It's not as they were announcing 1/4 scale Bruce Lee or T2 to confront directly with EB.

If anything, more companies successfully producing 1/4 items (GG, EB, Hot Toys ...) will "encourage" the one manufacturer that made this scale so popular, to go back to more consistent quality standards (and yes, I'm talking about Sideshow).

What I want to know is: If they release a 1/4 scale figure of a character, does that mean they won't release a 1/6 scale figure of said character?

They will just be competing with themselves and on top of that we will have to deal with the incessant comparison between the two.

Argh!!! Only reason I haven't preordered Enterbay's 1/4 T-800 is me wanting to keep the same scale! But now Hot Toys is saying their 1/4 will be even better in quality?! Not sure I can afford both the TDR and Avengers in 1/6 AND 1/4. May end up waiting to see how much more detailed the 1/4 are, and if they'll be in the $300 range. Plus if they promise to revisit all their past releases in 1/4, I'd consider selling all my 1/6 for the 1/4.

I'm not for this at all. I would much prefer HT to put all their efforts into making as many 1/6 figures as possible. I'd much rather see all of the Avengers at 1/6 than just a few of them and then another few at 1/4.
I can only see this a bad news for us that want the complete Avengers line up in 1/6.

:goodpost::exactly::slap

Also I'm scared that this is the begining of the end of 1/6

I'm not for this at all. I would much prefer HT to put all their efforts into making as many 1/6 figures as possible. I'd much rather see all of the Avengers at 1/6 than just a few of them and then another few at 1/4.
I can only see this a bad news for us that want the complete Avengers line up in 1/6.

:goodpost: :exactly:

I agree with both of you.
I'd much rather see them keep being awesome at 1/6th scale instead of taking on this new scale. 1 or 2 figures every now in a while might be ok, as long as we also get the best as possible 1/6th versions of the same character.

I'm fearing however that the work in one scale will take away from quality and attention in others. And seeing that 1/4th is new and they of course want to make them as good as possible, I'd say there is a chance that 1/6th might get more neglected...

I really hope this isn't the beginning of the end of HT 1/6th scale :pray:
Because if it is... then I might be done with collecting HT... :(

HT aren't stupid they know their bread and butter is 1/6 so they won't neglect it at all. I'm all for having this awesome detail at an even bigger size and i say well done HT. :rock

meh. will never get into 1/4. NEVER!!!

well maybe just a 1/4 mark 1.

and mark 3.

might as well get the mark 2. and war machine.

and 1/4 christopher reeve superman. might as well get batman to complete the world's finest.

oh no! a 1/4 boba fett!!!:blissysmi

Back