1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa. Never knew there was a reissue. Accessories aside, everything else is identical?

Nope. It’s actually the 43 repainted, better armor. Was surprised by this, paints different too.

Q9gBEFE.jpg

Funny this popping up. Been looking into getting one. The gold dominant has grown on me. Wouldn't mind it to break up all the red dominant suits in the collection.

Yeah after rewatching IM3 I find myself liking this armor a whole lot more now as well. Especially after that amazing plane rescue scene.

I don't want it bad enough to pay the crazy prices it's going for now, but it's definitely another one I wish I had picked up at the time.

Any comparison pics?

I'll see if I can find both tonight and snap some pics all my figs are boxed up right now. "Moving Day" so to speak

Where are they selling the exclusive version?

They are not anymore. It was a summer exclusive to celebrate Shanghai Disney store launch in 2016. It was offered in limited supply at the flagship store. I've only seen this available one time since that summer and it was a Gunmetal Mark III price range. Very few were made.

I'll see if I can find both tonight and snap some pics all my figs are boxed up right now. "Moving Day" so to speak

They are not anymore. It was a summer exclusive to celebrate Shanghai Disney store launch in 2016. It was offered in limited supply at the flagship store. I've only seen this available one time since that summer and it was a Gunmetal Mark III price range. Very few were made.

I was lucky to snag one off of eBay a bit after it was released.

Thank you for the information. Where have I been? lolz - I wasn't really feeling the too much gold on this guy, but like another poster wrote it does break up that sea of red Iron Men.

Anyone have any shots or comparison shots?

Thank you for the information. Where have I been? lolz - I wasn't really feeling the too much gold on this guy, but like another poster wrote it does break up that sea of red Iron Men.

Anyone have any shots or comparison shots?

You can compare them at this HT Checklist site (It's a good reference site to have bookmarked). Just open it in two different browser windows. You'll have to go back quite a few pages to find them.

https://www.hottoysph.com/checklist/

Ok, so here’s the main difference. The body of the newer D14 is the Mark XLIII, you can see the waist bits are clearly different and the back of the original D2 waist is rubber. The D14 has the click button mechanism in the XLIII to drop the torso into a crunch.

The paint is actually about spot on with both. I think it’s because I had the original 42 in battle damage pieces so much it was an illusion. Under proper light, they are the same.

5Q9I6e1.jpg

D14 Shanghai
77EY3aV.jpg

D2 Original
hQDc4ur.jpg

Last edited:
Im almost pretty sure that the OG Mk 42 had a running change with that back button or something, where the first batch (HK) had some issues and Sideshows release fixed it?

Funny this popping up. Been looking into getting one. The gold dominant has grown on me. Wouldn't mind it to break up all the red dominant suits in the collection.

I was initially going to sell mine, but I decided to keep it instead for that very reason. Plus, it’s the only IM figure I have from the actual IM films, and coincidentally, is my favorite from the IM films.

For those who have this, how does the gold look in hand? There are many pics that show it to be a much yellower gold like we see in other armors, and other pics where it's the paler gold of the movie.

I'm leaning much more towards this over the 43 now, but the color is the only thing making me hesitate...

For those who have this, how does the gold look in hand? There are many pics that show it to be a much yellower gold like we see in other armors, and other pics where it's the paler gold of the movie.

I'm leaning much more towards this over the 43 now, but the color is the only thing making me hesitate...
It’s definitely a yellowish gold. They started doing the more realistic metallic looking gold on the Mark 45 AFAIK. It’s still a nice figure. My only major annoyance is the shoulder gaps, since it’s one of the first diecast figures you can tell the difference in engineering.

Back