Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husker75, those photos are awesome. And welcome to the board!

Thank you! I love how my display with the light above the environment looks.. i couldn't capture it the way it really looks.. but it is amazing how close to the movie it looks.. all thanks to a simple little taplight thing!

That light really brings it out. I had this on order and was going to display it the same way, but I had to cancel.

IMG_3415.jpg

Nice review, thank you, and welcome!

But I never realized how short the pro body was -- look at Belloq ON THE STEP next to the short Luke Bespin!

That idol really glows cool though!

As Roy Batty would say: That's the spirit!

:clap

Well, I got a bit more back on my tax return than I expected. :lol

Josh, I as anyone, wish Sideshow would try for better. Belloq is already on second chance. Something is clearly wrong here. And it's not just the economy or lack of interest in the subject matter.

Sideshow almost always puts out a solid product that matches the prices they're asking for. You're acting like the half ass everything and have acted this way for a while. Honestly, I don't get why you don't move on down the road.

As far as Belloq the Ex being on SC. Its a $150 figure when times are tough. I gave almost everything I had the axe cause I need to be a better shopper.

So Husker and I have the same jacket issues.

Anyone one else get a better one?

Darklord Dave, you said yours wasn't as bad, right?

Husker's snap is at about the same position as mine. I guess it's just a difference of opinion on if the jacket is tight-fitting or not. I think it shows that the snap on yours is just sewn in the wrong spot.

I think people's hatred of Sideshow is outweighing their love of Indy right now. Kinda depressing. . . :(

How do you have him sitting behind the environment? Just kneeling?

Yes, he is just kneeling. I put him on his knees with his feet facing out and pinned him to the wall by his feet with the environment in order to keep him that way. Ideally, i'd like him a bit higher.. but for now, he is pretty well off. I had the same problems as everyone else trying to get him to hunch down and stand steady.. and he just wouldn't. Oh well.

Nice review, thank you, and welcome!

But I never realized how short the pro body was -- look at Belloq ON THE STEP next to the short Luke Bespin!

That idol really glows cool though!

OH! Wait! I just checked, and it is an optical illusion there. Belloq is on his stand, not the base extension.. it just LOOKS like he's standing on it. he's actually against the back wall, and luke is further up.. about 3 inches closer to the front.. and without a stand. He is just freestanding.

But yeah, i noticed a lot of height issues today..
my fiance was kind enough to walk by and go.. "why is bespin luke shorter than jedi luke?" and i paused.. and said.. "leave me alone!" haha..
i have no idea what the heck happened there..

So Husker and I have the same jacket issues.

Anyone one else get a better one?

Darklord Dave, you said yours wasn't as bad, right?

I think my jacket's button is even closer to the center than yours, but it creates just as many problems as yours did..
seems like it has to be all around.. i'm anxious to see more pictures too though.

Husker's snap is at about the same position as mine. I guess it's just a difference of opinion on if the jacket is tight-fitting or not. I think it shows that the snap on yours is just sewn in the wrong spot.

I think people's hatred of Sideshow is outweighing their love of Indy right now. Kinda depressing. . . :(

Oh no, by no means! I don't hate sideshow. I'm a little bitter about the lotr's line.. it really upset me that they would axe it and treat it so badly. But I love my indy, and i love the environment. I just know they could have done better with belloq.

Either way, as you can probably tell from my pictures, i still enjoy the crap out of those guys! I'm just lucky I had the money at the time to keep him.. i am unemployed right now, so it is slowly getting harder and harder to keep all the things i have ordered..

...my fiance was kind enough to walk by and go.. "why is bespin luke shorter than jedi luke?"...

I think it's awesome that your fiance referred to them as 'Bespin Luke' and 'Jedi Luke'! :rock

P.S., welcome to the boards. Great photos...My Belloq is en route and I should have him early next week. Pretty excited to see him in-hand and the idol pedestal too! :gun

I think it's awesome that your fiance referred to them as 'Bespin Luke' and 'Jedi Luke'! :rock

P.S., welcome to the boards. Great photos...My Belloq is en route and I should have him early next week. Pretty excited to see him in-hand and the idol pedestal too! :gun

haha, i thought it was funny too! Thanks for the welcome you guys! Glad you liked the photos. Hope you enjoy your Ex. Belloq next week! I was very stoked to get him today!

Not bitter, just disappointed. I LOVE Raiders and anything associated with it. Had high hopes for this line, and Belloq hurt.

But I'll still buy whatever they offer.

So I guess the 'fit' of the jacket is fairly universal then, rather than just poor old me. Certainly the suit shown on the box and at SDCC was much looser. Either way, I just wanted to know if I had a problem because I could call SS and get a new jacket... now I know there's no point. It is what it is.

But I'm growing happier with my new "Tanis Dig" version now.

I know this must hurt you Wor-Gor as you've had that avatar for a couple of years now. I'm sorry. I'm really hoping this line recovers.

Last edited:
Well, I got a bit more back on my tax return than I expected. :lol

Sideshow almost always puts out a solid product that matches the prices they're asking for. You're acting like the half ass everything and have acted this way for a while. Honestly, I don't get why you don't move on down the road.

As far as Belloq the Ex being on SC. Its a $150 figure when times are tough. I gave almost everything I had the axe cause I need to be a better shopper.

Back when they were $50 - $60 a piece I would agree with you. But the quality is the same today for higher prices. Tell me how any of the recent releases are better than Jedi Luke, Anakin, Kit Fisto, or X-files Skinner.

The slumped shoulders illustrate one of the many problems with the Pro and is also one of the major problems not just with Belloq but also with Snake Eyes.

Back