Statue Sideshow ARH Leonidas Pics UP ready for order on the 25th!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea i watched it,really nice btw!

The Styro already arrived cracked,i can only imagine that custom did this to the styro with their slimmy fingers.:mad:
With Medusa i nearly got an heartattack putting it out of the box without damaging it so compared to each other this one was a really smooth.

Like I said, better strategy and styro the next time around. Its been a real learning experience for ARH and I. Although we had good intentions, we had customs and stryo to deal with.
Still, you dont worry. We stand behind the product and will fix issues for free.

Received mine yesterday from Sideshow. Everything was good except that the bits and pieces from the styrofoam were all over my floor when I opened up the box to inspect the statue. ;)

This will not be my last ARH statue. The quality is good and I like the overall sculpt and paintwork. Awesome piece this is!

Allright just opened him and got him set up. He looks great. But something about the quality just doesn't compare to Sideshow's PF line...
But I do love this guy and am happy with my purchase. I got #80/100

Last edited:
But something about the quality just doesn't compare to Sideshow's PF line...

You have to be much more specific than that, cant just throw a bomb like this without backing up with actual details. Especially against a small company trying to make a good brand reputation for itself.

Other than the poor packaging which was already acknowledged, i really dont see ANY quality or paint problem with this statue. I am very particular about paint as some of you know, and this statue can match against the best of sideshow's PFs.

I have the rarer blood rage version, but believe the quality is similar for all the versions.

So what quality does it exactly not compare against sideshow's PF?

arhl2.jpg

arhl3.jpg

^^^
That's Fair.

The paint is applied really well but the skin tone seems a little off. However it looks just like it does on the website so no crime there really. Also when I put his helmet on the part that goes over the nose wasnt centered over the nose. However with some of the loose styrofoam and a toothpick I was able to push some of the foam into the left side by his cheek and got it straight. No big deal really.

I'm just saying I've got this guy next to my Vlad PF and for the same price point and scale any lay person could tell they were made by different companies.

I'm really no trying to talk bad about ARH or my statue. I wish them the best and I would buy more of their products. I have this piece displayed in the "prime" real estate section of my display room because I like it so much. I LOVE this interpretation of Leonidas.

I feel bad now. I really want small companies like ARH to make it. And for collectors like us to have more choices on who to buy from.

I received this statue this last week and I really like the paint apps and the sculpt. This is a great statue. However, I was under the impression that the ex would come with the red crested helmet and plain shield as well since the pics of the regular were on the exclusive page. I believe that this is the first time that an ex had pics of something that was not included. Is this a mistake? Should they have been included? :dunno

Both the SS and the ARH statues are very nice. They both have shortcomings, though, that leave me not quite satisfied. Ultimately my tentative nod would have to go to the SS piece probably for more subjective reasons: I like the fact that it is truer to the movie in all sculptural respects, that it is polystone (I may be wrong but I think all ARH statues are resin?), that the cape is real cloth, that the paint seems more realistic/less stylized (the ARH is a little over-the-top, I think, with the paint), and the overall feel of the SS just seems more refined looking. Ultimately it seems to fit in better with other "Hollywood" statues/figures.

What I like about the ARH is the dynamic pose, the battle-gritty feel (almost too much so where the paint is concerned), the base is far superior, and it is a better sculpture standing by itself without the movie influence as a gauge.

I received this statue this last week and I really like the paint apps and the sculpt. This is a great statue. However, I was under the impression that the ex would come with the red crested helmet and plain shield as well since the pics of the regular were on the exclusive page. I believe that this is the first time that an ex had pics of something that was not included. Is this a mistake? Should they have been included? :dunno

Did you get the EX from SS?
Can I please see a picture of what it is you have?
The EX did not have the red, but black I believe.

Did you get the EX from SS?
Can I please see a picture of what it is you have?
The EX did not have the red, but black I believe.

He's saying on the sideshowtoy product page for the exclusive ( https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9015141 ) they are showing photos with the regular red helmet etc..so he thought those would be included as well.

Usually if both are included their yellow exclusive text would say IN ADDITION not VARIANT, but agree sideshow could made it more clearer. Website also made the mistake of saying the armor is magnetic, it is not.

But this is still an awesome statue.

Both the SS and the ARH statues are very nice. They both have shortcomings, though, that leave me not quite satisfied. Ultimately my tentative nod would have to go to the SS piece probably for more subjective reasons: I like the fact that it is truer to the movie in all sculptural respects, that it is polystone (I may be wrong but I think all ARH statues are resin?), that the cape is real cloth, that the paint seems more realistic/less stylized (the ARH is a little over-the-top, I think, with the paint), and the overall feel of the SS just seems more refined looking. Ultimately it seems to fit in better with other "Hollywood" statues/figures.

What I like about the ARH is the dynamic pose, the battle-gritty feel (almost too much so where the paint is concerned), the base is far superior, and it is a better sculpture standing by itself without the movie influence as a gauge.

Leonidas is over the top though, he's one of the most dramatic heroes in history dating back many centuries. To me the ARH version is much much better with the pose, shield & spear in hand ready to fight, and the polystone cloak. And battle rage version is even better (that's why i got it :) ), as he's a bloody hero like spartacus not a clean character like superman.

The SS version obviously resembles the movie character more (has license) but the pose and everything about it is just wrong for this character. It looks more simple, the muscle tones are not dramatic and he just standing there with a pissed off face, no pose. And it's mixed media & cloth cloak

Last edited:
He's saying on the sideshowtoy product page for the exclusive ( https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9015141 ) they are showing photos with the regular red helmet etc..so he thought those would be included as well.

Usually if both are included their yellow exclusive text would say IN ADDITION not VARIANT, but agree sideshow could made it more clearer. Website also made the mistake of saying the armor is magnetic, it is not.

But this is still an awesome statue.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I received the ex and thought it would include the red set as well. Why include pics of the regular if it has nothing to do with what you're receiving? That's sort of like the sellers on ebay showing one item in the pics and then letting you know in the small print that what you're bidding on is not the item in the pictures. :cuckoo:

I love it, but was expecting more...

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I received the ex and thought it would include the red set as well. Why include pics of the regular if it has nothing to do with what you're receiving? That's sort of like the sellers on ebay showing one item in the pics and then letting you know in the small print that what you're bidding on is not the item in the pictures. :cuckoo:

I love it, but was expecting more...

Guys, I dont know if you knew this but the EX is super extra special!
There are only 100 made and they have this color combo! Its going to be a rare statue and should retain its value for you.

To be honest, I dont know why they included the color red on the sale page? :dunno

This arrived today. Looks pretty good except the helmet is broken. I'm going to try and fix it before contacting Sideshow. Appears one of the "face shields" (not sure exact term) snapped off.

This arrived today. Looks pretty good except the helmet is broken. I'm going to try and fix it before contacting Sideshow. Appears one of the "face shields" (not sure exact term) snapped off.

Yes please contact SS first. They should have some replacement parts. Keep me posted, let me know as its an easy fix.
We prefer that the customers contact SS first as this is best and fastest way to ratify any issues

Leonidas is over the top though, he's one of the most dramatic heroes in history dating back many centuries. To me the ARH version is much much better with the pose, shield & spear in hand ready to fight, and the polystone cloak. And battle rage version is even better (that's why i got it :) ), as he's a bloody hero like spartacus not a clean character like superman.

The SS version obviously resembles the movie character more (has license) but the pose and everything about it is just wrong for this character. It looks more simple, the muscle tones are not dramatic and he just standing there with a pissed off face, no pose. And it's mixed media & cloth cloak

Hey once again thanks for the heads up. FYI I got 6 out of 40 :yess:

thanks guys, this is a great piece. I love the bloody edition always wanted leonidas in "battle damaged" mode, it's as if arh read my mind with this final edition. Reall well done, the red pops in the display.

cant wait for arh upcoming products.

Back