Sideshow Armored Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those refusing to buy or on the fence based likeness, or lack there of...

Don't sell yourself short on a great statue. Had this been pitched as just a regular Batman (comic) PF with no likeness, would you purchase it? While Im not discounting your complaints, I say take this for what it is... a really nice "Batman" statue.

IMHO

And does anyone else think Armored Batman is oversized?

I actually think that he should appear a little thicker than how he is now, but he looks good enough to me :lol

Addendum:

I've always considered this PF as a maquette of some sort. The type of maquette the designers use during film prOduction as a 3D reference of the suit. This project involved Ironhead studios afterall, and I think they focused on the armor design than the likeness.

quick question, I watched the video review by SammyG, and I heard mention of rubber in the suit... for those of you who have this in hand, does it mean that the suit/armored body has real rubber sections? or is it sculpted to look like rubber?

My assumption was the entire body is sculpted polystone excluding the head which is resin...

For those refusing to buy or on the fence based likeness, or lack there of...

Don't sell yourself short on a great statue. Had this been pitched as just a regular Batman (comic) PF with no likeness, would you purchase it? While Im not discounting your complaints, I say take this for what it is... a really nice "Batman" statue.

IMHO

That's the thing, if this was marketed as just another comic book piece I probably wouldn't have gone anywhere near it.

Like a few people here I primarily collect movie related pieces only.

Of course that's not to say I haven't purchased a handful of comic pieces for my favourite characters, but I already had the Batman comic PF.

So in my mind accuracy to the actor is important. If Hot Toys and many other manufacturers can do it, why can't Sideshow? Imo there's really no excuse, other then they're being 'Sideshow'. I've just gotten use to it for pieces in the past three years unfortunately.

And if the piece had the same paint quality on the face as the standard Batfleck PF, I most definately wouldn't have got it. The paint was so basic on that one that imo it ruins the piece for me, whereas on this Armored piece the faceplate doesn't 'stand out' nearly as much for some reason so in the end it's more acceptable.

I have recently preordered a few 1/3 pieces from Prime 1's Arkham line, but come on those pieces are really impressive from head to toe. Now they're a company that knows how to do headsculpts.

I have about 40-50 pieces in my collection, and I only really regret getting two of them. The Thor Dark World PF, and the normal Batfleck PF. Both have terrible likeness to their respective actors. And the paint on the heads weren't anywhere near great either. And while I don't regret getting the Loki piece, the paint app on the face was quite bad too imo, but like this Armored Batman the overall presense of the piece gave it a passing grade imo.

quick question, I watched the video review by SammyG, and I heard mention of rubber in the suit... for those of you who have this in hand, does it mean that the suit/armored body has real rubber sections? or is it sculpted to look like rubber?

My assumption was the entire body is sculpted polystone excluding the head which is resin...

Other then the cape, it's fully sculpted.

Sorry to have been misleading here. It's fully sculpted, as Phoenixblazes said, but it's painted to give the illusion of a rubber padding.

Love that little bonus that you showed there.

I'm really interested in the custom piece. I just hope that given the relative size, that shipping to Australia isn't too much.

Also when I was watching your very indepth review with my own Armored Bats next to me, I noticed that towards the front end of the exclusive weapon, that yours had little additional pieces like little loops that aren't on mine! And I just checked the official Sideshow photos as well for confirmation.

Could someone please take a close up photo so I can see exactly want I'm missing. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the kind words, buddy. Shipping shouldn't be too much... it'll be a relatively small and light package ;)

Here's a close up of the grenade launcher. The loops I was referring to were the two at the distal end of the barrel. I was clearly in a daze when I mentioned this, as I had forgotten the fact that his entire hand would have to accommodate the gun if it were to hang from the shoulder strap.

_DSC2529.jpg

Sorry to have been misleading here. It's fully sculpted, as Phoenixblazes said, but it's painted to give the illusion of a rubber padding.

Ahhh I see... thanks for the clarification!
Loved your video reviews by the way... It's really awesome and detailed! Definitely following your channel to check out all your future reviews!

I know this isn't the right thread but it makes me sad whenever I see comments which state that the likeness on the BvS Regular Suit PF is terrible. Goes to show how much Sideshow missed an opportunity to have what could have been one of their best movie PFs ever, just because they said "okay" when the factory said "hey, we're done 6 months earlier!".

The BvS Regular Suit PF's sculpt actually has GREAT likeness. I was comparing it to the high-res photos of P1's 1/3 Batfleck, and they share a lot of features that capture Batfleck's likeness. The paint sadly threw it all off the window. Heck, even Sideshow's prototype painter missed the shape of Affleck's lips, IMO.

Also interesting to see -- that people can forego mediocre likeness if the paint job is better, case in point this Armored Batman PF.

Sigh, Sideshow.

If only Blitzway could make a 1/4 1992 Keaton, Batflecks, and Begins suit Baleman statues. Now that's a company that can make statues with HT/EB-level of detail on sculpt and paint.

I'd like to see a Blitzway Reeve Superman.

Would be AWESOME. Was it Arnie Kim who made a personal 1/4 Reeve project? He's done stellar work for Blitzway before (Bruce Lee, and I think there's more). If he could team up with Blitzway again for a licensed 1978 Superman, we'll have the best 1/4 Reeve to date!

Hey guys - do any of you have interest in a battle damaged head for this piece? I did one in 1/6 but I can blow it up to 1/4 and have it keys to fit this piece directly.

Let me know your thoughts on it if you would...

bvs 9.jpg

bvs 8.jpg

bvs1.jpg

Hey guys - do any of you have interest in a battle damaged head for this piece? I did one in 1/6 but I can blow it up to 1/4 and have it keys to fit this piece directly.

View attachment 346979

View attachment 346980

View attachment 346981

Given the quality of the existing faceplate on the Armored Batman, I believe their may be quite a bit on interest in a battle damaged headsculpt.

If paired with SammyG's custom Kryptonite spear, it would look like it was pulled straight from the movie.

The only thing that might make me hesitant is whether you can colour match the existing paint app on the Armour that exists on the Sideshow piece.

Given the quality of the existing faceplate on the Armored Batman, I believe their may be quite a bit on interest in a battle damaged headsculpt.

If paired with SammyG's custom Kryptonite spear, it would look like it was pulled straight from the movie.

The only thing that might make me hesitant is whether you can colour match the existing paint app on the Armour that exists on the Sideshow piece.

Then theres the price...? Great work though Creg

I would be game for that...do you have an estimated price with painting and all? Also, would the portrait head sculpt be attached in a similar manner as the PF? (the molded joint between body and head etc)

Back