OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

Out of curiosity have HotToys ever announced a line and not used it before? It seems to be a continuous worry on these forums.

There could always be a first time for everything right? I think we need to give them a little push since it seems like they're really dropping the ball on this. I'm hoping they give some sort of news on development, otherwise they're totally losing some customer trust.

I personally know they will get round to MGS eventually. The fanbase is huge, even HT said themselves that they are fans themselves, plus MGS won that poll way back on what figure people wanted next

I'm pretty confident too, but man their marketing strategy sucks. They shouldn't have made an announcement so soon if they were going to wait this freakin' long.

:impatient:

There could always be a first time for everything right? I think we need to give them a little push since it seems like they're really dropping the ball on this. I'm hoping they give some sort of news on development, otherwise they're totally losing some customer trust.

They shouldn't have made an announcement so soon if they were going to wait this freakin' long.

:impatient:

:goodpost: :exactly: :impatient:

This might be a gd alternative for a Big Boss Peace Walker at the moment....really hope that HT will produce "The Boss" figure and I am sure it will be outstanding as her outfit in Snake Eater is pretty hard to replicate in 1/6 form in my opinion....

IMG_0315.jpg

Is this the longest HT has ever taken to release a figure after a license announcement?

Is this the longest HT has ever taken to release a figure after a license announcement?

No Smooth Criminal and Avatar is on top of that list of delays.

In the last 2 Q and A with HT they said MGS and Resident Evil will be their main focus in the VGM series,so i highly doubt MGS will be forgotten as this will be one of their top sellers ever.
The Sneaking suit is causing the delay i assume.Better that than having one rushed out with a sneaking suit that doesn't last long.

No Smooth Criminal and Avatar is on top of that list of delays.

In the last 2 Q and A with HT they said MGS and Resident Evil will be their main focus in the VGM series,so i highly doubt MGS will be forgotten as this will be one of their top sellers ever.
The Sneaking suit is causing the delay i assume.Better that than having one rushed out with a sneaking suit that doesn't last long.

But still, the Batman: Arkham City figure was announced before anything for RE and MGS. I also have no doubt that Hot Toys will release their MGS line. But, for now, I'm not holding my breath.

Re: Hot Toys NEED to make Metal Gear Solid figures!

I broke that news over a year ago. That sucks.

At least we get the 3A Rex and PlayArts, but Hot Toys would really be best.

Hate to pull out the doll card on 1/6th, but 3A Rex will blow any doll out of the water. And for $490, it should :lol

That said, a snake and cyborg from MGS would be instant buys from this nut.

I've said this over and over - just because a company buys a license doesn't mean they have to make the license. Sure, it's a waste if they don't, but simply sitting on the license as they have prevents anyone else from making figures too, thus the issues in the past with InFlames, etc.

I have the InFlames Metalboss Armored Version on order and expect it this week or next. Looking forward to this figure...

Congrats Crowinghorse and the Inflames Metal Boss Armor version is a very gd figure. Waitin for Inflames to hopefully produce "The Boss" or Solid Snake figure, as long it is from Metal Gear anything will do!!

I've said this over and over - just because a company buys a license doesn't mean they have to make the license. Sure, it's a waste if they don't, but simply sitting on the license as they have prevents anyone else from making figures too, thus the issues in the past with InFlames, etc.

I have the InFlames Metalboss Armored Version on order and expect it this week or next. Looking forward to this figure...

Konami wouldn't allow something like that to happen. Hot Toys doesn't own the Metal Gear Solid license in any sense, but they have the permission from Konami to use it. Also, the license is currently being shared amongst other companies such as Play Arts and ThreeA.

I think the whole Hot Toys vs. InFlames thing was caused by something else... but, I'm not going to get into that again :lol.

3A had us waiting for 2 - 3 years. But it seems to paid off.

Meanwhile, Hottoys and their QC ....

3A had us waiting for 2 - 3 years. But it seems to paid off.

Meanwhile, Hottoys and their QC ....

Well, REX wasn't an easy figure to design. From what Ashley Wood described in his blog, there was a lot of trial and error involved. He had to continuously change the design to reduce the cost, and to make it lighter so that REX's legs would be able to support its weight.

I was impatient at first, but I'm glad that he took his time to make it the best possible figure of REX.

As for Hot Toys... I don't even know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back