Weta Minas Tirith Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one actually is probrably the same size as the Danbury one except for the larger base extending the surrounding environment.. Just measured the Danbury MT and it's 9" tall...the weta is of course superior to Danbury MT in every way except for the price I bet ;)

This one actually is probrably the same size as the Danbury one except for the larger base extending the surrounding environment.. Just measured the Danbury MT and it's 9" tall...the weta is of course superior to Danbury MT in every way except for the price I bet ;)

From the Flame of Udun:

Minas Tirith
H: 22.5cm
W: 44cm
D: 33cm
Edition Size: Open
Sculptor: Leonard Ellis
Estimated Launch: Q4 2015

Post away. :)

:duff Cheers Josh

18922079293_c6abe032d1_z.jpg

19536217632_b539e5b4b1_z.jpg

19356449779_33c12968e1_z.jpg

18922079293_c6abe032d1_z.jpg

19354973630_5864db8492_z.jpg

Attachments

• fetch.jpeg
    fetch.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
The only thing I do not like on the statue is that it seems the trebuchets are missing from the walls. I guess I could always make some and add them.

I would like to see more pictures... Can anyone can share more of this thing, it looks pretty good but I think the pics are not enough details yet, I'm pretty sure with a good camera it could be a lot more outstanding.

After I posted that, I thought the same thing. Maybe the defensive weapons were only mounted during battle. Either way I will probably pick this up.

That was my 1st thought. Wood and metal would deteriorate if left in the elements every day, but maybe they were looked after.

The only thing I do not like on the statue is that it seems the trebuchets are missing from the walls. I guess I could always make some and add them.

Given the scale I think those would have been extremely small. I'd think the wood and metal structure would just be to difficult to reproduce with having it break off.

I would like to see more pictures... Can anyone can share more of this thing, it looks pretty good but I think the pics are not enough details yet, I'm pretty sure with a good camera it could be a lot more outstanding.

I am using a good camera.

The details in this environment is mind-boggling! Definitely a must-get! Good thing this is open edition; gives you enough time to save up for it and a big advantage for those who don't have expendable cash myself included. Also, will wait for in-hand photos in case the first run will have major issues/problems.

Is it me or it seems that movie version is whiter than the environment? Even the rock in the middle is supposed to be white but looks brown.

Yeah, the rock that jets out almost looks like a type of white marble in the movie. Might have to do a bit of dry brushing to lighten up the rock face.

Back