Disney X CLOT X HOW2WORK Mickey mouse.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tokyo one looks to have a better facial sculpt though…. or is it just the angles?

If anyone has this or medicom one for sale please drop me a pm :)

Best of luck to you on this one! Both tuxedo versions (the classic look) have been selling for no less than $1000 these days. I have the how2work and the Tokyo exclusive versions, they are both great. They did other Tokyo versions but they are very ornate and less iconic looking.

D0364255-97CF-4FCD-8E0A-632792A4AF67.jpeg

Best of luck to you on this one! Both tuxedo versions (the classic look) have been selling for no less than $1000 these days. I have the how2work and the Tokyo exclusive versions, they are both great. They did other Tokyo versions but they are very ornate and less iconic looking.

View attachment 404980

Cheers Jon I saw the How2work one for £600 I'm possibly leaning towards the cheaper option of going for one of the medicom anniversary ones, just thought I'd try my luck with the Tux version before taking the plunge.

Any chance you could post some pics if it's not to much bother?
I'm torn between the tux and the tokyo one. :/

The Tux is so iconic but I'd be happy with a parade style one.

This compares the how2work sculpt and the medicom Tokyo one. The how2work looks like the designs from the 70s / 80s and the medicom looks like the design from the 2000s - now.

56E618CC-2162-490F-9971-A21E314B17D7.jpg

I got the 30th Anniversary Gold Tokyo version and he’s a beaut. Will take some photos when I next have him on display. Also got the How2Work, but didn’t realize he was different to the Tokyo version with the same costume.

I think this years edition is/was Minnie, but I’m not sure if she’s been released. I just saw the one photo online when orders were opening and haven’t seen any inhand pics yet.

I got the 30th Anniversary Gold Tokyo version and he’s a beaut. Will take some photos when I next have him on display. Also got the How2Work, but didn’t realize he was different to the Tokyo version with the same costume.

I think this years edition is/was Minnie, but I’m not sure if she’s been released. I just saw the one photo online when orders were opening and haven’t seen any inhand pics yet.

I would love to know more info on the Minnie. My wife and I had always hoped the line would continue. When does it go up for order?

My understanding is that she was up for order last year, due to release soon.

She was only available to members of the Japanese fan club (which is only open to either Japan/Tokyo residents) and even then they need to go into the actual park to order, no online purchases.

Last year or the year before there was a Blue Disneysea Mickey which is also awesome.

the Minnie is a Medicom.

The How2work and the Medicom are definitely connected. The how2work has the same box design, body and hands as the later Medicom versions. There is such limited information about all of these in the states. The medicom versions are all limited to 1750 or so figures for each iteration.

This figure is beautiful. Definitely a grail piece for me. Hope one day I can track one down for a reasonable price or there is a re-release someday.

Any tips on cleaning / dusting this guy?

The fuzzy black part of the head and the jacket are very dust-prone, and I wasn't sure a good way to gently get rid of it.

Any tips on cleaning / dusting this guy?

The fuzzy black part of the head and the jacket are very dust-prone, and I wasn't sure a good way to gently get rid of it.

A mini handheld vacuum might be useful. I used to have one for stuff before I got glass cases.

I only just saw this- I guess the Mickey is long gone with no chance of re-release?

Sean

Back