Temple Of Doom Fans

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Love TOD and I am not afraid to say it... Raiders is the better movie sure.. But it was TOD that turned me into a HUGE Indy fan... Perfect film that came along at the perfect age in my life. Love it! Raiders and TOD are both in my top 10 action films of all time. TOD is leaps and bounds better then TLC and obviously KotCS.

Well all that is left to say is "Hold onto your potatoes".

I was maybe 2 or 3 when I saw it for the first time. Totally blown away at that age and it's mark has definitely been permanent.

And I mentioned before I think TOD has the best score of the series, but especially the Slave Children's Crusade theme. Can't put into words how much I love that theme. I honestly prefer it to the main Indy theme, which I don't say lightly.

No argument there on the score. I remember playing the cassette so much that I rubbed the words off. I used to play the Raiders LP over and over again, as well. Good times.

And I mentioned before I think TOD has the best score of the series, but especially the Slave Children's Crusade theme. Can't put into words how much I love that theme. I honestly prefer it to the main Indy theme, which I don't say lightly.

I think the additions Williams made to the score for TOD shine. However, the reuse of themes, from Raiders, in addition to the above mentioned track (and others) is what probably makes the TOD score stand out, for me. Also, the usage of those themes in a darker (cinematography and feel) movie add to the emotional tug.

The main Indy theme, or Raiders march ( see what I did there) is definitely a great composition. But I've always loved Marion's theme better. Just beautiful. Really tugs on the hearts strings. But yeah, the slave children's Indy version just before he frees them all is pretty powerful too.
What can I say... John Williams - Magician imo

TOD is the closest the series ever got to being straight-up Horror. Besides being the most pulpy of the series it also feels very much like a live-action EC Horror comic from the 50s with the dark, eerie ambience and the visuals and color palette.

YES!

TOD has been and will always be my favorite Indy film with Mola as my favorite villain since childhood. HE RIPS OUT PEOPLE'S HEARTS!!! :devil

TOD2.jpg

TOD3.jpg

TOD1.jpg

The Halloween season reminds me how TOD despite not being Horror still fits fine in any Horror movie marathon. The much darker, creepier tone and it's more intense scenes definitely give it a strong Horror flare along with the darker aspects of the plot like the voodoo and human sacrifice. It has the feel of a 1950s EC Horror comic at times with the mood and also the color palette. As a big Horror fan the darker and more Horror-y aspects of TOD definitely resonate with me.

The Halloween season reminds me how TOD despite not being Horror still fits fine in any Horror movie marathon. The much darker, creepier tone and it's more intense scenes definitely give it a strong Horror flare along with the darker aspects of the plot like the voodoo and human sacrifice. It has the feel of a 1950s EC Horror comic at times with the mood and also the color palette. As a big Horror fan the darker and more Horror-y aspects of TOD definitely resonate with me.

To get an Indy Halloween fix, I watch the Young Indy episode, "Masks of Evil," in which the 2nd half has Indy meeting Vlad the Impaler.

No idea Indy actually had a run-in with Vlad The Impaler in an episode of the Young Indy show. I always thought for a final quest something involving Vlad would've been an awesome adventure for him to go out on.

Is'nt Vlad the impaler basically where the Dracula story came from? I think he was obsessed with killing people. Hence, the love for blood. Indy vs Dracula.... Sounds a bit like Van Helsing

Hard to believe a year has passed since I posted this, time flies. First time here in a long time, good to be back.

Raiders March said:
Is'nt Vlad the impaler basically where the Dracula story came from? I think he was obsessed with killing people. Hence, the love for blood. Indy vs Dracula.... Sounds a bit like Van Helsing

I'd imagine probably so. It'd make for a cool new film should they go that route and quite the way to end the series.

TOD is still my all-time favorite :cool:

It was pretty much like the approach Francis Ford Coppola did in Dracula (1992) which combined the historical trappings of Vlad the Impaler with the Dracula from the Bram Stoker novel, so it was extremely rife with the supernatural (I think to the furthest extent that Indy would ever go) with World War One and the Ottoman Empire providing the context for Indy's exploit in this episode.

A Dracula akin to the one in the 1992 movie I could see being used in an Indy film, for sure. One who feels more realistic but still has enough aspects of the more traditional version people are used to.

I may have mentioned it before here (too lazy to look right now), but the Slave Children's Crusade is my absolute favorite piece of music from the series and honestly, I like it even better than the main classic Indy theme. Such a dynamic, empowering track to listen to. I feel it fits Indy even better than the original theme. Kind of disappointed it was never reprised in the subsequent movies but I get having it be exclusive and unique to TOD. Always a goosebump-inducing moment when the theme is blaring when Indy appears and knocks the temple guard out.

I may have mentioned it before here (too lazy to look right now), but the Slave Children's Crusade is my absolute favorite piece of music from the series and honestly, I like it even better than the main classic Indy theme. Such a dynamic, empowering track to listen to. I feel it fits Indy even better than the original theme. Kind of disappointed it was never reprised in the subsequent movies but I get having it be exclusive and unique to TOD. Always a goosebump-inducing moment when the theme is blaring when Indy appears and knocks the temple guard out.

Slave Children's Crusade is awesome. I still prefer the classic theme overall but that is a close second followed by the desert chase from Raiders. Awesome music from the first 2 Indy movies.

Back