TERMINATOR SALVATION movie discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The writer of that very well written piece stated the same, eliminate the weird and keep the ballsy good, his last sentence pretty much places the blame on the director's shoulder, as it should be (but Bale was naughty) by saying that McG fixed the parts that least needed to be fixed.

What an incredibly tangled web that movie has, I would love for them to just make a documentary on the making of this movie....:lol...i'll watch that....

Heck, they already started....Bale screaming at the DP was part 1, with McG being too wimpy to stop him....

Exactly. Also, keep in mind that Devin didn't just write this piece out of thin air. It's drawn from him actually having read the original scripts, visiting the set, interviewing cast & crew, etc.

Also... he doesn't hate the movie. Like me, it's just a "meh", lukewarm reaction. But it's clear that the film was homogenized almost every step along the way. This piece documents that quite well.

Some of you guys clearly would not have been movie fans in the 1970's. :lol

In my past life I've been a fan of films since Walt Disney was a nazi sympathizer, sir.

In regards to the oddness of the original TS story, I'm not against weird, kitschy b-movie stuff, I just don't think it meshes well with the established series. Granted, the time travel stuff pretty much clears the slate, but there's a sense of consistency that has to be upheld (to fans, at least).

In regards to the oddness of the original TS story, I'm not against weird, kitschy b-movie stuff, I just don't think it meshes well with the established series. Granted, the time travel stuff pretty much clears the slate, but there's a sense of consistency that has to be upheld (to fans, at least).
But there hasn't been consistency in this series since Cameron left.

This is what I don't get. As a fan, I'm much more put off by lackluster sequels and dwindling quality than I would be by characters being killed off or the story actually having an END, if a bleak one.

This is what I don't get. As a fan, I'm much more put off by lackluster sequels and dwindling quality than I would be by characters being killed off or the story actually having an END, if a bleak one.

That's fine. Maybe I just don't like the idea of killing off John Connor.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The original script then sucked from what I read. Thank the maker that didn't happen, I would have thrown up after seeing it.

I don't find any of the 4 Terminator films crappy and I enjoy them all.

Consistency in this series is always going to struggle with new direction and directors...but the Terminator franchise has done just fine.

I can't wait for T5. John Connor must lead the good fight! He is after all the main character of the franchise. We need to see why this guy was such a legend....

That's fine. Maybe I just don't like the idea of killing off John Connor.

Spoiler Spoiler:

No way, off his ass, him being a cyborg would've :rocked! :lol

That's what he deserves for yelling at people....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
dude anybody know were i can download the opening credits song i love that song.

If you had told me a month ago that Angels & Demons would have a stronger opening than Terminator, I would have been skeptical. I'll bet WB is cursing Fox for making them go up against NATM2 on a holiday weekend.

OMG

If they had kept Project Angel and Skynet being a seaside resort, I think I would've peed my panties from laughing so hard.

icon_plain.gif

No I am fans of the Original 2 movies. Hell sounds like 3 is even better than this. For me terminator ended with the second movie.

No I am fans of the Original 2 movies. Hell sounds like 3 is even better than this. For me terminator ended with the second movie.

Well yeah same for me and I think many people here too but I suppose as a stand alone it was an enjoyable film. TS was miles better than T3. Also Terminator did end after part 2, imo that is obvious. End as in end in quality and era but with typical Hollywood nothing is EVER over.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I really liked T:S, but the one thing it did not do to me was scare me. If I had directed the movie, I would have tried to portray how utterly unstoppable SkyNet is.....at best, this movie showed the resistance as a bit too well organized, imo. Didn't feel like there was enough on the line with this one

The finished film opted to play utterly safe, and as a result it's a lump without buzz or excitement.

:lecture :lecture :lecture
:lecture Indeed

If you had told me a month ago that Angels & Demons would have a stronger opening than Terminator, I would have been skeptical.
How about the fact that it had a smaller Friday-Sunday opening than WATCHMEN, a Rated R movie at almost 3 hours in length that came out the first week in March (instead of a Holiday weekend in the "Summer" release frame)? That is a huge ouch. :sick

Back