BLADE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So vampires will now be a thing in the MCU. As with the mutants it's going to beg the question where have they been all this time.

Hiding from the Avengers, lol. But seriously pretty much all vampire films set in modern times (30 Days of Night, Underworld, Queen of the Damned, even Twilight) present them as a super secret society that is largely under the radar of almost all the powers that be.

I'm sure the new Blade will open with a prologue detailing how they've always been around, keep to the shadows, etc. Dr. Strange would probably know about them and Blade but not too many others that the current MCU heroes would have ever come in contact with.

Realistically Wesley Snipes is too old for the role, and maybe also too erratic (read up on what happened on the set of Blade 3).

However the silver lining is that I heard Snipes is involved in this as a producer so I am sure Mahershala Ali has his blessing. He look the part to me and I am sure with training he can do the martial arts thing well on screen. He is an extremely committed actor for sure and he can surely bring an intensity to the role that even Snipes couldn’t.

Realistically Wesley Snipes is too old for the role, and maybe also too erratic (read up on what happened on the set of Blade 3).

However the silver lining is that I heard Snipes is involved in this as a producer so I am sure Mahershala Ali has his blessing. He look the part to me and I am sure with training he can do the martial arts thing well on screen. He is an extremely committed actor for sure and he can surely bring an intensity to the role that even Snipes couldn’t.

Finally the first sensible post in this thread.

I don’t see how this will be an improvement over the original other than the tie ins from the MCU

Well I am a huge Blade fan. There are just so manny characters, stories which they can explore. It is a huge universe and the movies just touched a very little part of it. Werewolfs, Midnight Sons, real Dracula etcetc.

Even the actor who played Luke said killing Cottonmouth was an idea that seemed good on paper, but ended up being really stupid in reality.

Really pumped for this. Ali killed it in Moonlight and this last season of True Detective.

My prediction, Ali's Blade will be in a hoody, and he'll put it up so his stunt double can to do all the martial art scenes.

Yeah I'm almost through watching Season 1 of Iron Fist. :lol

Lol I never considered them canon. They all seemed to out of place and they barely referenced actual marvel places. Where was a mention of Spider-Man or the avengers breaking up and ultron? Like it felt like another universe but not the mcu universe.

And the fact the movies don’t reference these characters made me realize the Netflix shows aren’t canon to the movies.

Back