Your top 10 Joes you want Sideshow to make next!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be a lot better if they said:

"Hey guys, unfortunately our licensing contract with Hasbro ran out and we were not able to come to terms on renewal. Instead, Sideshow will be replaced by HOT TOYS with an agreement that G.I. Joe products will be exclusively distributed by Sideshow. We hope this will address many issues regarding pinheads, ugly paint job on portraits, clicking joints and the limitation of our 1/6th scale bodies. Right now, Under our current agreement, we can only do ten more figures. Which figures would you want done?" Please take note that there's an option not to have the portraits painted, we will be giving a $20 discount for those availing the said option.

Damn, Hot Toys doing G I Joe would be the best news ever! Followed six months later by Hot Toys own official announcement. Followed a year later by a preview of the first figure. Then about eight months later the first official pre order. Then a super short ten month wait til the release and then six month wait for the next preview. Wash, rinse and repeat.

No Thanx.

WTH is it with HT polesquatters wanting HT Joes? :lol Sideshow can't sell them at two-thirds the price of what HT charges for figures that are only marginally below HT in quality. HT prices for Joes would be the death-knoll for the high-end 1/6 license. :lol

The line wouldn't get far enough to die. Hot Toys would do Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander and the "line" would be done.

We've gotten over 20 figures from SS, we'd be lucky to get more than 2 from HT.

Sick and tired of the Hot Toys worship.

The line wouldn't get far enough to die. Hot Toys would do Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander and the "line" would be done.

Knowing HT though, SE and SS makes too much sense. It'd probably be something more obscure like starting the line with Bazooka or Sneak Peek and then following up with a Storm Shadow (because he's Asian), and then because the first release didn't meet sales expectations, they'd move on. :lol

Here are my top 10 joes.

Ace
Torpedo
Recondo
Shipwreck
Falcon
Tripwire
Snow Job
Doc
Spirit
Roadblock

<-- no love for QK. :wave He's on the same plane as Spirit for blatant racial stereotypes. :monkey1

What about Ariborne? Remember he was a green Joe until Spirit showed up and started making him dress in the preferred Indian turquoise. :rotfl

What about Ariborne? Remember he was a green Joe until Spirit showed up and started making him dress in the preferred Indian turquoise. :rotfl

I think Airborne and Tunnel Rat are two perfect examples of how you can include ethnicity in a Joe line without exploiting it.

:goodpost: This is true, hot toys is good a what they do and are an awesome company but, sideshow is doing a really good job with the joe line and hope they continue it for a long time. Sideshow is continuing to grow better with each release and improving the bodys and accessoires and so on. Hot toys would not continue the line past two main chractors, this is gijoe line looks to be headed in the same direction as the starwars line and that is a good thing for joe collectors imo.

Love me some blatant racial stereotypes. :yess:

P1060015.jpg

Sorry for bringing up HT Gentlemen.. It's just that sideshow's Joe head sculpts have a lot of potential.. Then being put to waste because of low quality paint job.. But still.. I consider myself lucky that we have ski and elvis doing what sideshow should have done with most of their releases..

Again.. Gentlemen.. Sorry for what I have stated..

Back