Thranduil on Elk - 1:6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some quick phone pics with less than perfect lighting, great for a forum... :monkey4

TOE1.jpg

TOE2.jpg

TOE3.jpg

TOE4.jpg

TOE5.jpg

TOE6.jpg

TOE7.jpg

TOE8.jpg

TOE9.jpg

TOE10.jpg
Size Comparison to IG...

Overall it's a nice piece. There are a few paint flaws but the portrait look surprisingly good. Elk paint could have been better but still looks ok. Map on the base is always a great touch.

So after really looking over the piece, I've decided to return it. There are to many blemishes overall for a $1k price tag. I still think Weta would be leaving money on the table if they don't revisit the Ringwraith for their rider series at some point. If they do I'll po that and be done.

Got mine today and it's goin back,beautiful sculpt but paint is sub par in quite a few areas,and it's not sitting flush into its peg holes.I also don't like the face on mine,sucks now cause I have to try and get back the money I paid in duties,goodbye weta

Looks neat, but definitely not worth the price for me. The paint, especially on Thranduil's face, is not good enough for a $1000 price tag imho.

So after really looking over the piece, I've decided to return it. There are to many blemishes overall for a $1k price tag. I still think Weta would be leaving money on the table if they don't revisit the Ringwraith for their rider series at some point. If they do I'll po that and be done.
It should be better for $1G yup...redoing mine...worried about redoing face though

Got mine today and it's goin back,beautiful sculpt but paint is sub par in quite a few areas,and it's not sitting flush into its peg holes.I also don't like the face on mine,sucks now cause I have to try and get back the money I paid in duties,goodbye weta
sorry to hear that best of luck with Weta
Looks neat, but definitely not worth the price for me. The paint, especially on Thranduil's face, is not good enough for a $1000 price tag imho.
agreed

DSC02094 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02095 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02097 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02098 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02099 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02100 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02101 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02102 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02105 by bainiceheart, on Flickr These photos were taken on April 3rd...day I got it...so much to hate about this paint app I received...worst Weta paintjob I've ever gotten...and I own it all pretty much...I coulda taken 20 more photos like that from other areas of my ToE...I'm sorry I didn't...If I couldn't paint I woulda returned this piece as fast as hell...I decided to repaint this....just finally finished it today after 3 weeks and 30+ hrs with paintbrushes

DSC02415 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02414 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02413 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02412 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02411 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02410 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02409 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02408 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02407 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02406 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02405 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02404 by bainiceheart, on Flickr DSC02403 by bainiceheart, on Flickr Photos taken in back yard shade...Am happy I finally finished this repaint

Back