1/6 Hot Toys - MMS495 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed Jango Fett and the clone army although I do think it took away from the mystery of Boba. The Yoda and Dooku fight was cool and I thought Jango did way more impressive stuff than Boba ever did in the OT. Also liked the death sticks scene and Kamino. I can't get past kid ani and jar jar from the first. TLJ destroyed SW. Rose is the worst character of all time, Leia flying was stupid, purple hair sjw, and psychopathic depressed Luke goes out as a force projection??? Horrible film.

if you're saying AOTC is the worst of total 6 films of Mr. Lucas i might agree.

but compare it with the TLJ abomination ? ... since when that abomination is considered as Star Wars ?

I can legit enjoy re-watching any PT movie. I have zero desire to re-watch TLJ after seeing it once in theaters. The rest I enjoy, although since TLJ I have zero desire to re-watch TFA. Can one movie ruin a trilogy before it's even over?

RotS is actually my first favorite SW film, following the OT. For me, my personal list of SW films is as follows:

1. ESB
2. RotJ
3. ANH

Those are always top 3 in that order.

1. RotS
2. TFA
3. R1
4. TLJ
5. AotC
6. TPM

Rose is the worst character of all time.

Come on, that is a little extreme. There are plenty of characters that are far worse than her. Any of the silly CG characters in the PT were more annoying. Jar Jar, Boss Nass, Dexter Jezter, the pod racing announcer were all cringe worthy in every single moment they were on screen. Rose was a flawed character who really had some black-and-white thinking. However, I don’t want all my characters to be wise and perfect. It is OK to have some characters that do stupid things and have problematic perspectives.

Well while I agree all the characters listed were cringe worthy they were either hardly in the movie or were so dumb they were slightly funny in a what was George Lucas thinking kind of way. Rose was in way too much of the movie and she wasn't intended to be naive. The people who made TLJ think Rose is wise. She added nothing to the movie except annoyance for me. DJ is another awful character. He is as bad as Jar Jar. But at least TLJ gave us such gold as "Let's go chrome dome!"

I can see how Rose becomes detestable if she is viewed as a stand in for the viewpoints of the filmmakers. For Star Wars, I can kind of divorce myself from these viewpoints because I know that Star Wars doesn't belong to Rian Johnson and those perspectives will change. Just as the ideas Lucas presented in the prequels about attachment being bad didn't bother me too much. It probably also helps that Rose comes across as so incredibly naive that it is hard to take her viewpoints seriously. Especially her comment to Finn after preventing his sacrifice about what wins wars. Any time she made a comment about anything larger than the immediate situation, she sounded like a junior high student who just took a social studies class. But it isn't as if she was a big wig in the rebellion where her perspective equals wisdom. She was supposed to be just a mechanic so being a little black and white is understandable. Also, all of her other stuff was fine. Her acting was decent and she wasn't particularly irritating in her interactions with Finn when it didn't have to do with her espousing her viewpoints.

Honestly, you could probably argue that her viewpoints could be useful to someone like Finn who would have heard very contrasting perspectives in his time as a stormtrooper. Though to make that argument, you would have to believe that this film gave any complexity to the notion that Finn was once a stormtrooper and is now having to deal with a very different circumstance. Unfortunately, both films have let Finn down in this regard.

AOTC is better than Solo, TPM, and definitely leaps and bounds better than TLJ.

I can agree with this statement. If you actually add the naboo deleted scenes, the romance feels more natural and not so rushed. Or you can just skip the naboo stuff as well. Its actually a pretty fun movie with great action and I've always loved the duels at the end. TPM isn't bad either. Yes, there's Jar Jar and lil annie, but the overarching plot is really intriguing and is the foundation for everything that comes after. Palpatine's blockade is to divide the Senate and get Volorum out. I'll admit they're no where near perfect, but they're fun watches.

Tbh I've not seen Solo and don't plan to. TLJ is absolute trash and nearly turned me off of star wars forever. TFA doesn't feel like star wars at all and tries way too hard to be an edgier ANH. If I'm ranking the films I've seen, it goes like this:

1. Revenge of the Sith (my most anticipated film of all time prior to release, epicly sets up OT, Anakins fall comes to fruition, best fights in whole series: Obi-wan/Anakin vs Dooku, Obi-wan/Anakin vs Magna Guards, Obi-wan vs Grievous, Mace vs Palpatine, Yoda vs Sidious, Obi-wan vs Vader)
2. Empire Strikes Back (was easily my fave until I saw RotS, still get chills from Vader vs Luke & big reveal)
3. A New Hope (essentially a perfect film and best example of hero's journey)
4. Return of the Jedi (almost on par with AotC as I loathe watching half of this movie; hate Jabbas palace, Endor, dance party ending. Pretty much watch it for Vader and Luke's scenes, ending duel, Palpatine, and death star II.)
5. Attack of the Clones (Jango > Boba, cool mystery plot, great lightsaber duels, Ewan McGregor owns this film)
6. The Phantom Menace (more than what it appears to be, Darth Maul is iconic af)
7. Rogue One (no reason for existing but Vader scene saves it)
8. The Force Awakens (ANH for moody millenials)
9. The Last Jedi (dogcrap with so many plot holes and trash story/characters, first film without saber duel, trash fights, ruins Luke, Rey sucks, etc.)

On topic for the figure, I passed on the SS Master Yoda and almost bit on Ebay prices at least 5 times. I kept hesitating saying HT will do this justice. And at an unheard of $189 for a HT figure, I think it's a great deal. I've always loved Yoda in AotC and RotS. His fighting style and ability really demonstrate why he is the grand master of the jedi order. Always loved his duel with Dooku, and the fight with Sidious is simply stunning to behold.

I can agree with this statement. If you actually add the naboo deleted scenes, the romance feels more natural and not so rushed. Or you can just skip the naboo stuff as well. Its actually a pretty fun movie with great action and I've always loved the duels at the end. TPM isn't bad either. Yes, there's Jar Jar and lil annie, but the overarching plot is really intriguing and is the foundation for everything that comes after. Palpatine's blockade is to divide the Senate and get Volorum out. I'll admit they're no where near perfect, but they're fun watches.

Tbh I've not seen Solo and don't plan to. TLJ is absolute trash and nearly turned me off of star wars forever. TFA doesn't feel like star wars at all and tries way too hard to be an edgier ANH. If I'm ranking the films I've seen, it goes like this:

1. Revenge of the Sith (my most anticipated film of all time prior to release, epicly sets up OT, Anakins fall comes to fruition, best fights in whole series: Obi-wan/Anakin vs Dooku, Obi-wan/Anakin vs Magna Guards, Obi-wan vs Grievous, Mace vs Palpatine, Yoda vs Sidious, Obi-wan vs Vader)
2. Empire Strikes Back (was easily my fave until I saw RotS, still get chills from Vader vs Luke & big reveal)
3. A New Hope (essentially a perfect film and best example of hero's journey)
4. Return of the Jedi (almost on par with AotC as I loathe watching half of this movie; hate Jabbas palace, Endor, dance party ending. Pretty much watch it for Vader and Luke's scenes, ending duel, Palpatine, and death star II.)
5. Attack of the Clones (Jango > Boba, cool mystery plot, great lightsaber duels, Ewan McGregor owns this film)
6. The Phantom Menace (more than what it appears to be, Darth Maul is iconic af)
7. Rogue One (no reason for existing but Vader scene saves it)
8. The Force Awakens (ANH for moody millenials)
9. The Last Jedi (dogcrap with so many plot holes and trash story/characters, first film without saber duel, trash fights, ruins Luke, Rey sucks, etc.)

On topic for the figure, I passed on the SS Master Yoda and almost bit on Ebay prices at least 5 times. I kept hesitating saying HT will do this justice. And at an unheard of $189 for a HT figure, I think it's a great deal. I've always loved Yoda in AotC and RotS. His fighting style and ability really demonstrate why he is the grand master of the jedi order. Always loved his duel with Dooku, and the fight with Sidious is simply stunning to behold.

Dont even bother with Solo, it had some moments but overall just bullshjt with nonesense/useless backstory.

and Im here still waiting the day Hot Toys release 2 pack little Ani-Jar Jar Bink epI to troll those toxic old timers.

I still haven’t seen Solo.

It’s not as bad as some make out.
But it’s more like the new adventures of star Lord with Chewbacca and the millennium falcon added in. And I hate that guy that plays star lord and those godawful guardians movies, so it soured for me because of that.
The main problem is that the guy they got is nothing like Ford, either in his looks or his acting style, so it ends up being less than it could have been if they had just made it another random SW story line Rogue One was, or if they had bothered to find anyone that was more like Ford.

That's what I figured it would be like. Some "swashbuckling adventure" that has no bearing on the franchise and does not need to exist. Honestly, the only anthology films they should've made are Vader (let's see him hunt down Jedi and come to terms mentally with where his life is), Boba Fett (show him finally doing something awesome, hunting bounties like Solo or Kenobi, and not dying like a bih), and Kenobi (we almost had it and it probably would've shown him dealing with RotS, learning Vader survived, watching over Luke, etc.). I'll never understand the logic of Rogue One and Solo. Kennedy is an idiot.

I would like to see a post ROTJ Luke anthology. The books that told about that time period were great reads.

Thrawn trilogy.
Dark Empire.
The New Jedi Order series
Legacy of the Force was my favorite

I wouldn’t mind going back to the Knights of the old republic era or a movie about Darth Bane.

I would like to see a post ROTJ Luke anthology. The books that told about that time period were great reads.

Thrawn trilogy.
Dark Empire.
The New Jedi Order series
Legacy of the Force was my favorite

Yeah I might read those and call it my sequel trilogy era.

I think, the reason they are not called "Episode 0.1" but "A Star Wars Story" is they are not essentials to saga. By that regard, I'd prefer a Rogue One style movie instead of a key character like Han. I'd like it if they made three seperate stories for three trilogy area like Rogue One and call it Anthology (Or 3x3 similar films for each era). And another trilogy (whatever you call it) for three good key characters like Obi-Wan, Solo, another one and another trilogy for evil characters (Maul, Fett and Vader). But all should be watch it if you want style unless they are called Episode.

I loved the heir to the empire series when it came out (I was 15) and it really ignited my fandom again. They are a bit dated now and have been debunked by the pt but it’s still fun. A variation of these books should have been the sequel trilogy. What is amazing is that those books gave us characters to actually care about, Mara, thrawn, talon karrde, and many others. Those characters lasted throughout the height of expanded universe. I wish I loved the st but it was horrible for me on every level and I wish it didn’t exist. Plus, I couldn’t care less about any of the characters. Same with solo. So my post rotj Star Wars is the 3 heir to the empire books and it ends there. I love Star Wars, so hating the st was not fun.

Back