It's a GUNDAM!!! - all things gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to get the red to be as reflective as I can, but I'm not sure what stage of building it should be done at, (or what would be the most durable reflective paint)

Looks like the parts are molded in red, so color separation is already done. Personally, I'd probably do a chrome base coat, and then spray down a clear red to get that hyper metallic look. Just experiment with a few different methods on spare parts beforehand so you can see what you like best.

Looks like the parts are molded in red, so color separation is already done. Personally, I'd probably do a chrome base coat, and then spray down a clear red to get that hyper metallic look. Just experiment with a few different methods on spare parts beforehand so you can see what you like best.
Clear red can be sprayed? I have some clear red Tamiya, but I assumed its consistency would clog an air brush.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Clear red can be sprayed? I have some clear red Tamiya, but I assumed its consistency would clog an air brush.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

If you're confident paint with a brush, you certainly can use that. Definitely thin tamiya paint if you plan to use an airbrush. Don't forget to snap some photos when you get on with that build!

If you're confident paint with a brush, you certainly can use that. Definitely thin tamiya paint if you plan to use an airbrush. Don't forget to snap some photos when you get on with that build!

That may be a while, I'm saving up for some special chrome paint that looks almost like electroplating, but I would rather just send the pieces to a plating service to ensure good quality (as I'm a noob in this area), but all the ones I've found only seem to do car parts. :p

As someone who doesn't own but wouldn't mind getting a few gundam figures, what recent figures (past year or two) would you recommend getting?

Yay fellow Canadian!!

What series do you prefer..?

Personally Unicorn and wing stuff has been the best (Robot Damashii/ Robot Spirits)

Like LipSmack has said, the Damashii line is loved by a lot of people.

There are always model kits if you're into them. Take a look at the Real Grade 1/144 line. They are relatively cheap, and don't require painting/custom work to look great, so you can get them shelf ready with minimal effort.

What are some of the must haves of the Damashii line? I prefer assembled figures over kits thats for sure.

I've watched the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 movie, the wing series, some of the mobile suit gundam 00 series, but haven't watched the UC stuff yet, but it does look good. Just have to find it somewhere.

What are some of the must haves of the Damashii line? I prefer assembled figures over kits thats for sure.

I've watched the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 movie, the wing series, some of the mobile suit gundam 00 series, but haven't watched the UC stuff yet, but it does look good. Just have to find it somewhere.

Id recommend the Gundam Wing stuff, its really amazing how expanded the line has become. Some exclusives will run you a ton of money, but the core 5 suits should be affordable as well as tallgeese 1 and some leos, so its a good start for sure, plus the season 1 suit for wing is coming out in march i believe so that will be pretty cheap to get

Yup.. totally called Deathscythe in the early summer before they even showed him in their Akiba showroom. I'm glad I was right.. Now we'll have all of the Gundams from Wing (sans EW) in RD. That is ridiculously awesome. I still need a second HeavyArms for my display.. better get on that.

The deathscythe looks cool. I'd like to see a damashii version of GX-9900 Gundam X (the regular one not that other one they have)

Last edited:
Back