HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't the real pedestal also have more Moss than either?

I totally agree that the sideshow one is better but not worth tracking down and replacing the HT one, the HT one is adequate enough considering neither are accurate anyway.

And yes HT Indy is the greatest thing ive ever seen ever in the world and it's beautiful and gorgeous.

Thank you Raymond, couldn't agree more. I modded my entire Indy because I wanted it so. If somebody is happy with an unmodded version, it's ok by me :hi5:

EXACTLY.

I think someone is trying reeeeeeally hard to convince himself he likes it. Or to get others to like it so spending the 250 stings a little less, otherwise why try so hard to convince otherwise?

I remember I got the Big chap alien and as a non alien aficionado I thought it looked pretty great. But there were many who called it "falien" .

I just assumed they were right, after all I never studied the figure that closely against pictures from the movie which were all blurry in shadows and from the waist up anyway :huh

but i figured there must be something wrong to warrant all the backlash. But I liked it anyway, posted a few pics, got no love... whatever I got board of the thread, but I still like my Alien a lot. I wish I had him with me most of the time, he's been shipped back to Canada with the bulk of my collection. Anyway...

Thank you Raymond, couldn't agree more. I modded my entire Indy because I wanted it so. If somebody is happy with an unmodded version, it's ok by me :hi5:

Totally and just look how much better it looks after you're modification bbl...

Hell even i still have some of the HT indy parts including the head... luckily it's all wrapped up in the turban for the map room attire!

Thanks for the comparison of those idol pedestals. Amazing no-one has posted that yet!

The funny thing is that neither are screen accurate - even the side "carvings." Yet both look pretty great as a accompaniment to Indy.

I think the "floor" part really helps the SSC - without the floor the pedestal looks like a drinking fountain designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.

Definitely. I think that feature puts it over the edge for me. The diamond shape of the HT base seems awkward. I know they did it to accommodate for the backdrop, but maybe there was a better solution. Maybe a curved backdrop with a circular base?

Doesn't the real pedestal also have more Moss than either?

I totally agree that the sideshow one is better but not worth tracking down and replacing the HT one, the HT one is adequate enough considering neither are accurate anyway.

Yeah, the HT pedestal is good enough. It's a nice companion piece to Indy.

And yes HT Indy is the greatest thing ive ever seen ever in the world and it's beautiful and gorgeous.

:rotfl

EXACTLY.

I think someone is trying reeeeeeally hard to convince himself he likes it. Or to get others to like it so spending the 250 stings a little less, otherwise why try so hard to convince otherwise?

I remember I got the Big chap alien and as a non alien aficionado I thought it looked pretty great. But there were many who called it "falien" .

I just assumed they were right, after all I never studied the figure that closely against pictures from the movie which were all blurry in shadows and from the waist up anyway :huh

but i figured there must be something wrong to warrant all the backlash. But I liked it anyway, posted a few pics, got no love... whatever I got board of the thread, but I still like my Alien a lot. I wish I had him with me most of the time, he's been shipped back to Canada with the bulk of my collection. Anyway...

Well, now you're just being rational. :mad:

:)

I dig the SS pedestal but it takes up too much room on a detolf shelf. Mine is packed away and I'm using the HT one for my display. I like it toward the back of the shelf, so it's not obscuring the view of Indy.

I remember I got the Big chap alien and as a non alien aficionado I thought it looked pretty great. But there were many who called it "falien" . .

I don't get what you're saying.

Your anecdote says "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". So, if you like your Alien and everyone else says it's crap, you like it and that's what matters, so why are you trying to convince people who like Indy that it's crap??

I don't get what you're saying.

Your anecdote says "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". So, if you like your Alien and everyone else says it's crap, you like it and that's what matters, so why are you trying to convince people who like Indy that it's crap??

I believe what Raymond was saying was that he simply accepted that there are those who don't like it and that it didn't affect his own feelings for the alien. He didn't belligerently attack any naysayers there with wild accusations and harassing comments about how wrong and stupid they were to think the alien was nothing less than perfect.

Yeah, nobody is right or wrong here, but the hate throwing does seem to go both ways.

I happen to love this figure myself, but I get why others don't and accept that...even if I don't personally agree with it. There's no need to resort to personal attacks on others tastes or intelligence.

As far as HT Indy is concerned, IMO, he is the best 1/6 representation of Indy you can get out of the box. Sure he can be improved upon to near perfection with all of the awesome custom gear out there...but the same can be said for any figure. Do I wish he had turned out more like some of the brilliant customs that the talented folks here have done? You bet I do...but at the same time I am also happy to own the best 1/6th Indy that's available.

If I didn't think the stock figure were worth the $250 I wouldn't have gotten him...but that is my personal opinion. If he isn't worth that amount of money to someone else, that is their opinion and I respect that.

Good God. I can't believe that every time I check this thread the same old tired argument is going on...how long has it been since the release? MOVE ON PEOPLE. If you like it, great. If you don't like it, great. How about some IN-HAND IMAGES?! Take your pages-long, petty arguments and go start an "HT Indy b!*ch and whine" thread....just sayin.

:horse

I believe what Raymond was saying was that he simply accepted that there are those who don't like it and that it didn't affect his own feelings for the alien. He didn't belligerently attack any naysayers there with wild accusations and harassing comments about how wrong and stupid they were to think the alien was nothing less than perfect.

Yes that's it exactly. It was more of a direct response to Batfreak's post about saying how there is too much negativity here and he does not want to be a part of it. I was kind of saying "oh well deal with it" more or less and used the Alien thread as an example.

I never expected and never would expect the thread to be anything other than 90 percent negativity and I trust that to the fact I truly believe the Alien aficionados were correct that the figure was grossly inaccurate.

If it was OK enough for me I was cool with that. And it was actually. No need to fight an uphill battle on that one. I would never blatantly say they were wrong, you're just askin' for trouble. In fact as I said I'm almost positive they were right.

Now's my chance!

I still hate the squandered opportunity that this figure represents with a burning passion.

running-away-1.jpg

:lol

I like mine, but only because I'm such a fan of the character. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

Back