Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you please release some sets of the new head and full parts?I couldn't get the old set and I'd love to have them together with the rest of fellowship

It's been indicated that there'll be slim versions.

for merry and pippin they can release only their original capes and daggers, and get rid of bags and elvish capes and sword...

Inviato dal mio SM-A500FU utilizzando Tapatalk

Lol, thats the idea,
we also think this may be the very last time we ever go back to Pip and Merry...

No offense to P&M lover, but they are still not major heroes.

Lol, thats the idea,
we also think this may be the very last time we ever go back to Pip and Merry...

Since you guys have already released Eowyn in armor and Witchking Ringwraith figures -and- developed the bodies for the hobbits, many of us would in fact like Merry in his Rohan armor to complete that battle scene. After all, if Merry isn't in that battle, The Witchking kills Eowyn and Sauron rules the world. ;)

Since you guys have already released Eowyn in armor and Witchking Ringwraith figures -and- developed the bodies for the hobbits, many of us would in fact like Merry in his Rohan armor to complete that battle scene. After all, if Merry isn't in that battle, The Witchking kills Eowyn and Sauron rules the world. ;)

:clap

My preference for Merry and Pip would be the Esquire of Rohan and Guard of the Citadel looks, so I'm a little bummed to see they wont revisit them.

Just redoing headsculpts and not doing slim or reruns is disappointing. I passed on these guys and Frodo/Sam cause the sculpts were lacking so much. No biggie I guess. Money saved.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

My preference for Merry and Pip would be the Esquire of Rohan and Guard of the Citadel looks, so I'm a little bummed to see they wont revisit them.

I don't see why Asmus -wouldn't- want to revisit them, when Merry & Pippin was one of the fastest sell-outs in this line. The idea that they're "not major heroes" doesn't make sense to me.

I don't see why Asmus -wouldn't- want to revisit them, when Merry & Pippin was one of the fastest sell-outs in this line. The idea that they're "not major heroes" doesn't make sense to me.
Was the run really low? Compared to the rest? GtG was 3000 right?

Was the run really low? Compared to the rest? GtG was 3000 right?

I believe the run was 1500, but they pre-sold out everywhere, so Asmus probably could have sold a lot more (which is likely why we're getting these awesome new heads for slim versions).

It seems like Asmus arbitrarily set a 1500 edition size with the belief that the hobbits wouldn't sell well, but since they obviously sold out immediately and necessitated these slim versions, I'm not sure why the final armored versions of Merry & Pippin that require minimal new tooling wouldn't be considered.

I believe the run was 1500, but they pre-sold out everywhere, so Asmus probably could have sold a lot more (which is likely why we're getting these awesome new heads for slim versions).

It seems like Asmus arbitrarily set a 1500 edition size with the belief that the hobbits wouldn't sell well, but since they obviously sold out immediately and necessitated these slim versions, I'm not sure why the final armored versions of Merry & Pippin that require minimal new tooling wouldn't be considered.
So I'm confused... Is it confirmed we are getting slim versions with the new heads for merry and pip? Or Sam and Frodo? Or both sets?

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand correctly, either.

I thought Asmus was going to release a "slim" version of the "Frodo/Sam" and the "Merry/Pippen" sets, but with the new head sculpts. I was planning on getting those, as I had passed on the original releases due to head sculpts.

This is what they did with Aragorn, so I assumed the same for the hobbits. (and Gandalf...?)

Here is my understanding on Merry and Pippin. The released the first set limited to 1500. At the time it was asked if they would ever release the versions of Merry and Pippin from Return of the King in which they wear armor. At the time, Asmus said they didn't think they could sell enough to justify the release of those figures. Due to the sell out and desire for a better head sculpt, they are releasing new head sculpts and I believe Fellowship capes. So I would expect to see the head sculpts and Fellowship capes released individually as well as slim versions of those figures released fairly soon. It is unknown if Asmus has changed their stance on releasing armored Return of the King versions of Merry and Pippin or Frodo and Sam.

From what I understood a couple days ago, they aren't currently thinking of returning to Merry & Pippin in any form after this.

From earlier in this thread:

Lol, thats the idea,

That doesn't mean they can't change their minds in the future (especially if we prove there's a demand there) but it seems like they're moving on to other characters for the foreseeable future.

Frodo Sam Merry and Pippin will be reintroduced like Aragorn.

Expansion and Slim version.

Though I doubt we can sell many in a Slim version set,
but expansion is a must to the demand of better head and fellowship cape.

Well here's the answer to the question I asked in the other thread. Asmus is about to take a ton of my money..

If the new heads come out as good as the sculpts that have been teased, I will also be getting all four Hobbits. I would prefer they were not slim honestly as I passed on the original offerings and they seemed to be good kits.

Does slim just mean fewer accessories?

I haven't been here in ages and I'm trying to get caught up on all this re-release info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back